Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    To build off of what Suze said, Anchorage is also not a sports town. We had a indoor football team that was pretty good near the end, did they ever draw more than 3k? Ever go to a ABL game at Mulcahy in the summer? Half full and souless. UAA hockey is self-explanatory. It doesn't help that these teams play(ed) in 20/30/40+ year old venues that scream depression, I don't think they've ever cleaned the Mulcahy bathrooms.

Anchorage is very much a commuter city, UAA has absorbed this mentality too. Nearly everyone does their thing and then goes home, very militaristic. There are few things that draw a huge and lively crowd in this town.

Of course you could argue that poor city planning, weather, lack of convenient public transport are causes for a "dead" city, but it comes down to the residents. There are smaller, and bigger cities that support sports and city events better.
    I heard they were bringing back indoor football.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

That was a gutsy performance our boys put on last evening.
      Work, work, work and then they worked some more.
      Best performance of the season.
      Do the same in _airbanks next weekend and the rewards will be sweet.
      It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
        That was a gutsy performance our boys put on last evening.
        Work, work, work and then they worked some more.
        Best performance of the season.
        Do the same in _airbanks next weekend and the rewards will be sweet.
        It's a great day to be a Seawolf!
        Agreed, they never gave up against a very talented and fast team.

Getting back to the topic of live TV and attendance. I spoke with many boosters and former Booster presidents during the parents dinner on Saturday, and every one of them felt the live TV is detrimental to attendance at the Sully. Case in point ... one booster dropped off their food and headed back home to watch the game on TV!! Truth.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
          Agreed, they never gave up against a very talented and fast team.

Getting back to the topic of live TV and attendance. I spoke with many boosters and former Booster presidents during the parents dinner on Saturday, and every one of them felt the live TV is detrimental to attendance at the Sully. Case in point ... one booster dropped off their food and headed back home to watch the game on TV!! Truth.
          The extra 100 fans is really going to have an impact. Why don't we concentrate on our power play eh?
          If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
            The extra 100 fans is really going to have an impact. Why don't we concentrate on our power play eh?
            Because it's her talking point dammit!
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Because it's her talking point dammit!
              If we had a power play we would be in 4th place. But that just doesn't seem to make sense to anyone here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                If we had a power play we would be in 4th place. But that just doesn't seem to make sense to anyone here.
                It does to me...

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                JFC if we had a power play we wouldn't be in this mess...
                I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                  Preaching to the choir.
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                    Anchorage is a sports town. The problem is everybody pays attention to the teams from wherever they came from.
                    You're thinking of the major sports leagues and their teams, ala NFL, NBA, NFL, MLB, NFL, NHL & the NFL.

Not college sports.
                    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

You Seawolf fans that headed to _airbanks earlier today left just in time.
                      They're playing bumper cars on the Glenn outbound.

Comment

7 years. Unacceptable.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Now we're waiting for real.

Comment

It appears our illustrious legislature is going to take our PFD and our hockey team.
                            Best set up a howl to them now before they eliminate our Seawolves.

Comment

Originally posted by thepuckluck View Post
                              It appears our illustrious legislature is going to take our PFD and our hockey team.
                              Best set up a howl to them now before they eliminate our Seawolves.
                              Let's hope at the end, we don't lose any of our sports teams!!!

Comment

I'm just gonna give everyone here a collective smack across the back of the head.

STAY THE * OUT OF THE UAF PLAYOFF THREAD!!!

JFC people we have zero legs to stand on when it comes to trash talk. We lost, we're done, get over it. Michigan Tech beating UAF doesn't mean jack * to us. UAF is in the playoffs and we're not because they beat us 3 out of 4.

If you wanna post, post here. Otherwise you're just a *ing embarrassment.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X