Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Originally posted by ru00 View Post
    What happened to Erb-Ekholm? Still injured, healthy just not cracking the line up?
    Yep , Nope
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
      Just a shame that more people won't come and watch...Crowd looked pretty sparse on the GCI TV broadcast....
      When you can watch it live in anchorage and mat -su a lot of people stay home with a 6 pack.

On the other hand………

If GCI offered live UA_ games most of the fans would still come to the game in the village 362 miles northeast of normal because you have to have power to have cable which most fans are not that sophisticated, they are still working on complimentary wood stoves.
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
        Just a shame that more people won't come and watch...Crowd looked pretty sparse on the GCI TV broadcast....
        It's terribly sad. Only 1400 fans there, an all time low. I watched much of the UAF game and the Carlson is pretty empty as well. From what I have seen watching WCHA TV, there are quite a few teams who are struggling with attendance. Last Friday Northern Michigan was just as empty as the Sully. Sad.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
          When you can watch it live in anchorage and mat -su a lot of people stay home with a 6 pack.

On the other hand………

If GCI offered live UA_ games most of the fans would still come to the game in the village 362 miles northeast of normal because you have to have power to have cable which most fans are not that sophisticated, they are still working on complimentary wood stoves.
          At least the UAF games are tape delayed. It makes absolutely NO sense to air UAA games LIVE. I was told they would "evaluate" the impact it had on attendance at the end of the season. It's a no brainer UAA. No more live TV please!! My daughter gets mad because she hears Aces commercials on the radio all the time. She noted that the only ad she see's for UAA hockey is to let people know they don't actually have to come to the arena ... just tune in at home. Who makes these decisions? Nobody with any common sense I fear.
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

On the other hand………

You’re very lucky. If your reception is bad you sophisticated city folk can just move your double-wide to the other side of Spenard. Sweeeeet….

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
              You’re very lucky. If your reception is bad you sophisticated city folk can just move your double-wide to the other side of Spenard. Sweeeeet….
              You always have looked up to us double-wider's. As most courts in the _airbanks area still insist on 8’ and 10' maximum width limitations. Bet you can’t wait to you can upgrade they are Soooooooo ........ Sweeeeeeet.

Comment

You always have looked up to us double-wider's. As most courts in the _airbanks area still insist on 8’ and 10' maximum width limitations. Bet you can’t wait to you can upgrade they are Soooooooo ........ Sweeeeeeet.

Boy has this thread ever deteriorated!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The final Coaches Corner of the season will be this Thursday 6 P.M. at the Varsity Sports Grill in the Alaska Airlines Center.
                  Joining Voice of the Seawolves David Tuttle and Coach Matt Thomas will be senior team Captain Austin Sevalrud.
                  Among the door prizes will be a game worn #17 Jordan Kwas jersey.
                  There is a basketball game that evening so be sure to get your table reservations in now. Phone 786-7835 or www.OpenTable.com
                  See you there.
                  It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Newest UAA recruit is defenseman Nolan Nicholas who plays for Sioux Falls of the USHL.

Congrats to Matt Anholt for earning the WCHA Offensive Player of the Week award!!
                    Last edited by Suze; 02-23-2016, 10:28 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

A friend wrote this and although it may not be the entire answer he certainly has some very valid points.

"UAA and UAF had to have Duplicative Facilities such as the new Engineering
                      Buildings. UAF held on to their Geological Sciences Programs and UAA
                      only got a Geology Major Program about a decade ago. I remember
                      taking an Energy Course whose Instructor came down from UAF Physics
                      weekly.We could both share instructors and add more Adjunct Professors as
                      many Anchorites and Squarebanks Residents have University Credentials
                      while retiring Professors could become Adjunct Professors after retirement
                      and probably retain their offices. In any case this would be preferable to
                      totally moving major programs and Students all over Alaska."

Comment

The final Coaches Corner of the season will be this evening, Thursday, 6 P.M. at the Varsity Sports Grill in the Alaska Airlines Center.
                        Joining Voice of the Seawolves David Tuttle and Coach Matt Thomas will be senior team Captain Austin Sevalrud.
                        Among the door prizes will be a game worn #17 Jordan Kwas jersey.
                        There is a basketball game this evening so be sure to get your table reservations in now. Phone 786-7835 or www.OpenTable.com
                        See you there.
                        It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          It's terribly sad. Only 1400 fans there, an all time low. I watched much of the UAF game and the Carlson is pretty empty as well. From what I have seen watching WCHA TV, there are quite a few teams who are struggling with attendance. Last Friday Northern Michigan was just as empty as the Sully. Sad.
                          I was at the Friday UAF/BG game and the Carlson attendance was announced as 2400 and change. At this point I'm about ready to flip the bird to FNSB and their outlandish rental fees at the Carlson and move to the Patty. Spend the money you'd save at the Carlson on some new seats and work on a longer-term PPP plan to build it out to 2000-2500 seats, pack it full every night and call it good.

I went to the UAA/WOU basketball game last week. Western Oregon, as you may recall, has (or had) the #1 team in division 2, and the AAC downright sparse for a game of that magnitude. I was surprised. I don't necessarily agree that having GCI go all in on UAA is hurting your attendance, but I was honestly expecting a bigger and more involved crowd.
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

GCI is in no way responsible for Seawolves attendance woes. People just aren't going to pay the ticket prices asked for what they receive in return. Period
                            If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                              GCI is in no way responsible for Seawolves attendance woes. People just aren't going to pay the ticket prices asked for what they receive in return. Period
                              Fans can get in for $10 Hal9K. Aces have had 2500-5000 fans and they didn't make the playoffs last season and are in last place this season. The attendance numbers have dropped significantly from last season, and live TV is the only difference. We will have to agree to disagree on this one. In fact, a long time hockey fan told me they were thrilled when they heard UAA's games were on TV live.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                Fans can get in for $10 Hal9K. Aces have had 2500-5000 fans and they didn't make the playoffs last season and are in last place this season. The attendance numbers have dropped significantly from last season, and live TV is the only difference. We will have to agree to disagree on this one. In fact, a long time hockey fan told me they were thrilled when they heard UAA's games were on TV live.
                                Honestly, the Aces draw more because it's a perceived better product with a definitely better production. Unless you're a diehard Seawolf/NCAA fan, UAA's hockey games are pretty dull compared to the Aces. Also, the Aces have marketing down to a science. They know exactly what their core target is and pander endlessly to it. Boomer from Prudhoe Bay? Give me a break.
                                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Working...
                                X