Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Originally posted by ninelives View Post
    has anyone noticed that there is a goalie added to the freshman roster? Zack Quinn from Westland, Mich. (Wenatchee Wild/NAHL) on the roster with the rest of the freshman. I haven't heard of any of our current goalies leaving..... or am I missing something.
    Four goalies FTW! I just hope it's not Mantha leaving
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by ninelives View Post
      has anyone noticed that there is a goalie added to the freshman roster? Zack Quinn from Westland, Mich. (Wenatchee Wild/NAHL) on the roster with the rest of the freshman. I haven't heard of any of our current goalies leaving..... or am I missing something.
      Its not uncommon to have 4 goalies on a roster, UAA did it back in the day with Talifous (King, Reiter, Johnson, & Strachan) I've seen other teams do it as well, wouldn't be suprised if Quinn and or D'amico are redshirted this year and matyas leaves after this upcoming season.

Also Alex Jackstadt was added to the roster too.
      Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

28 skaters on the roster with 4 goalies for 32 players? Don't be surprised at all if some of the guys on the roster today don't make it onto the ice come September. But then again, such a big roster should provide incentive for everyone to be the best they can be.

Comment

Here's the latest Northern Light (regarding next year's freshman)~ If this is already on here, disregard. I'm posting on the fly & didn't have time to scroll the whole board.

http://www.thenorthernlight.org/2015...shmen-players/

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
            Cos 40 guys spending 4 hours max spread over two days in a smallish dressing room is a priority? I've heard you whine and moan about the Sully ice in the context of many UAA players telling me that it's one of the best sheets they've ever skated on. Talking about WCHA Arenas, Justin Bourne (http://www.jtbourne.com/tag/ralph-engelstad-arena/ said,

They had ONE issue in 30 years with the system (due to age mostly) a couple of years ago which spurred the publicly financed upgrade/replacement this summer. Stop saying anything anywhere anytime forever about UAA since everytime you do say something it just makes you look stupid.
            You are correct. It wasn't until 2-3 years ago that the Sully had ice problems.

I don't really know about the locker rooms but I'd kill to get the hallways down there a little bit wider...
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Got our season ticket renewal packets yesterday ... mailed them back with payment today.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Take a look

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/anchor...erior/33474286

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                  Good article, although I think their survey is faulty. I would love to know what other cities were ranked.

Good to hear about all of the upgrades at the Sully. I was surprised to hear they are dropping the glass on the sides to be 6' instead of 8'. Those padded seats are gonna be nice! Can't wait to see what it looks like in October. Anyone know what the new concession stand will be?
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                    Why isn't Fairbanks down here snagging those free seats? Better than bleachers.
                    If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                      Why isn't Fairbanks down here snagging those free seats? Better than bleachers.
                      They looked at them, pulled some off the heap and got out their axe handles........ Measured once measured twice and came to the conclusion ……way…… way …. too small.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        Good article, although I think their survey is faulty. I would love to know what other cities were ranked.
                        http://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-...ey-fans/13283/

Bowling Green is #18.
                        Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                          What a dumb survey when NHL teams are factored in.

"Friendliness & Engagement of NCAA Division I Hockey Fans (Number of Twitter Followers Plus Number of Facebook “Likes” per Capita): Half Weight" ... Really? If friendliness of fans is figured in, _airbanks would be last.
                          Last edited by Suze; 06-09-2015, 03:58 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

right. knock out the NHL cities and Big Rapids is #2, BG is #4, and Houghton is #6.
                            Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                              right. knock out the NHL cities and Big Rapids is #2, BG is #4, and Houghton is #6.
                              HA! I know UAA attendance sucks, but BG draws 2000 fans.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Did anyone go to the Sully parking lot and drag home one of the old seats? There were mountains of them out there!

I didn't realize they were replacing all of the seats, but it's looking that way. The current seating for hockey is 6,290 (not sure if that includes those box seats?) So either the padded seats take up more room, or they're leaving 290 red seats at the very top. LOL! It sure didn't look that way from the photos though. They've completely gutted the place!

Also - the sample seats they had on hand during the end of the Aces season were dark green and grey. Now KTUU is saying that they'll be red wine and grey.

I was looking at a picture of the paint they're putting on the walls, and it definitely goes more with the red wine/grey look..

From KTUU:
                                "The glass is acrylic crystal plex, more durable than regular plexiglass and it'll stay in good condition longer," Clark said.
                                Clark said about 6,000 padded seats in red wine and grey colors will replace the old ones.
                                They also decided to keep the SullyVision. At one time they were going to take it down, but it's staying put.

I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Comment

Working...
                                X