Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BeloBrasil View Post
    Bentley one of the worst? I beg to differ. Admittedly no one will mistake the John A. Ryan Arena for a "state of the art" facility, but what it lacks in glitz it makes up for it in other areas. Free parking. Inexpensive admission. Decent concession stand. Better sight lines than some of the new arenas. More leg room than the Agganis Arena. No propaganda on the boards or on some flashing message bored telling me what type of health insurance to buy. No stupid "Kiss Cam" or Sumo wrestler relays. All they do at the John A. Ryan is PLAY HOCKEY!!!
    Alright you boys take ya East Coast arguments elsewhere now...
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

    Comment


    • Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

      Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Alright you boys take ya East Coast arguments elsewhere now...
      Hey, I started it.

      GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

      Comment


      • Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

        I have been trying to find out when the Sully will start the seat replacement, paint, etc. Nothing on-line to show when they will start. It will look so nice when it is done!

        Comment


        • Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

          Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
          I have been trying to find out when the Sully will start the seat replacement, paint, etc. Nothing on-line to show when they will start. It will look so nice when it is done!
          I was told that it would start after the aces were done playing.......anytime after sunday morning......
          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


          Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

          I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            Hey, I started it.

            GFM
            You're east of Mississippi, you're included.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

            Comment


            • Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

              Originally posted by Suze View Post
              When were you able to see the new seats?
              Someone gave us tickets to one of the last Aces games.. A lady sitting next to me (yellow seats, a couple rows from the glass) told me she had been an Aces season-ticket holder for the past 8 years, but that now that they were changing out the seats, the ones she's always had will be changing over to "premium seating". She said she planned to select seats in another area of the arena because the Aces were more than doubling prices for premium seats.

              I'm assuming "premium" are the new dark green padded seats? She said they had samples of the them over by the Dog Pound entry so I went over and checked them out. I like the dark green color of the padded ones a lot. Good choice! I'm wondering though.. will the Seawolves try to pad the prices for padded seats too?

              BTW.. I hadn't been to an Aces game in a long time, but wow - their wet side is now massive! No clue when they expanded it?

              Comment


              • Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

                Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                Someone gave us tickets to one of the last Aces games.. A lady sitting next to me (yellow seats, a couple rows from the glass) told me she had been an Aces season-ticket holder for the past 8 years, but that now that they were changing out the seats, the ones she's always had will be changing over to "premium seating". She said she planned to select seats in another area of the arena because the Aces were more than doubling prices for premium seats.

                I'm assuming "premium" are the new dark green padded seats? She said they had samples of the them over by the Dog Pound entry so I went over and checked them out. I like the dark green color of the padded ones a lot. Good choice! I'm wondering though.. will the Seawolves try to pad the prices for padded seats too?

                BTW.. I hadn't been to an Aces game in a long time, but wow - their wet side is now massive! No clue when they expanded it?
                I hope prices don't go up for UAA games, they are out of most people's entertainment budget as it is. I looked for the sample seats at one of the last UAA games, I even asked Sully staff, but were told they were put back in storage, so I never did get to see them. I guess they only had them out for Aces fans?

                I wish UAA would expand on their wet side like the Aces do. This isn't unusual for college hockey, and that is the one section at the Sully that is usually the "most" full as it is.
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                From ADN:

                "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                Comment


                • Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

                  So Arizona State is coming to the Kendall......
                  Or so the TV news says.
                  Nothing from the University.
                  Will it be the first D1 teams AS will face?
                  Who else is coming?
                  Besides the dump bears I mean.
                  Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 04-15-2015, 12:05 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                    So Arizona State is coming to the Kendall......
                    Or so the TV news says.
                    Nothing from the University.
                    Will it be the first D1 teams AS will face?
                    Who else is coming?
                    Besides the dump bears I mean.
                    Yes they are as ASU has announced it already.
                    UAA will most likely be.
                    St. Cloud.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

                    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                    Comment


                    • Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

                      Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                      The Farg is supposed to get a makeover this summer.
                      The existing locker room is small but nice by 1990 standards.
                      Supposedly getting redone with the rest of the building.
                      The Northern Light wrote some info about that on their website this afternoon .. http://www.thenorthernlight.org/2015...go-renovation/

                      Comment


                      • Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

                        Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Lol, that's awesome. I'd bet UAA's on campus practice rink is better...
                        Having been to both - Fargo is much better
                        Last edited by bcmsu9196; 04-15-2015, 04:33 PM.
                        "No matter where you go, there you are"

                        Comment


                        • Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

                          Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                          The Northern Light wrote some info about that on their website this afternoon .. http://www.thenorthernlight.org/2015...go-renovation/
                          Thanks. The article states that "Posters displaying the blueprint of the upgraded Wells Fargo Sports Complex will go up soon in the Wells Fargo Sports Complex spine and the Alaska Airlines Center". I wish there were a way to see them online!
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                          From ADN:

                          "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                          UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                          Comment


                          • Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

                            I hope we get to see the water colors soon!!!!

                            Comment


                            • Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

                              Just saw news of some accusations about a Nanook hockey player. This cannot be good.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                                Just saw news of some accusations about a Nanook hockey player. This cannot be good.
                                Link?
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

                                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X