Onward to Boston! Friar Hockey 2014/15 Part Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Hokey

You are the Mass schoolboy expert......Mark Adams had his whole family there for senior night. Including his brother back, as a high schooler he is a big dude. Heard he has improved as a potential D1 player.....is he a Hockey East level guy?
    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
      Hey Hokey

You are the Mass schoolboy expert......Mark Adams had his whole family there for senior night. Including his brother back, as a high schooler he is a big dude. Heard he has improved as a potential D1 player.....is he a Hockey East level guy?
      Yes, has multiple schools currently talking with, including Hockey East and Ivy schools
      Loves PC.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Dear PC hockey team, thank you for sweeping Maine. UNH fans are grateful. Best wishes the rest of the way!
        Typical UHN fan, raining on our parade...

By the way, given how the year went, I'm not sure who if anyone we would want to play in a few weeks.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Re: Onward to Boston! Friar Hockey 2014/15 Part Two

holy hannah i just checked the price of tickets for NCAA regionals...I feel like it wasn't as expensive last year.
          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
            holy hannah i just checked the price of tickets for NCAA regionals...I feel like it wasn't as expensive last year.

Prices for the regionals are a tad absurd. Yet it looks like North Dakota and Notre Dame are sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
              Prices for the regionals are a tad absurd. Yet it looks like North Dakota and Notre Dame are sold out.
              They will be 75 bucks through PC if the Friars end up in Providence....No fees when you go through PC IIRC
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

PC is ninth in the Pairwise heading into the playoffs. I am happy with that spot at this time.

Comment

PC is ninth in the Pairwise heading into the playoffs. I am happy with that spot at this time.
                  Samezies.

Who'd have thought that just three years ago we barely squeaked into the *conference* tournament?
                  Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Considering how terrible certain parts of this year were? Hells to the yeah, I'm happy with 9th. I"m even happier at ending up in second in Hockey East.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      Considering how terrible certain parts of this year were? Hells to the yeah, I'm happy with 9th. I"m even happier at ending up in second in Hockey East.
                      I would be satisfied with the second place finish except for the new definition of goaltender interference....this is a rule that needs to be fixed, over half of the goals that were disallowed throughout HE should have been good, intent and actual contact should be part of it....the leagues have been too careful with the netminder

Comment

For me the interesting thing is that PC has given up the least amount of goals in HE with 37 BC was next with 50. Even more amazing was the fact that they scored 61, 10 of which came in one game. Yet they finished in 2nd. Gilles is 1st in GAA with 1.74 and Save % with 931. He is 5th in Win %. Of Course Gilles has no goals or assists, but he is a +21 on the season. Considering the sheer number of goals called back, with the mid season lack of goals, second place is pretty darn good.
                        Providence College
                        National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

I like pie.

And cake. Lots of cake!

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                            I like pie.

And cake. Lots of cake!
                            And if they win next weekend you get ice cream too!
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

i have trouble locating this new thread in the forums. why was the last one discontinued?

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                                i have trouble locating this new thread in the forums. why was the last one discontinued?
                                They get closed when they hit 1000 or so post. Or PC91 shows up and spoils it for everyone.
                                Providence College
                                National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Working...
                                X