Onward to Boston! Friar Hockey 2014/15 Part Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Onward to Boston! Friar Hockey 2014/15 Part Two

wait guys I thought the sky was falling?
    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
      wait guys I thought the sky was falling?
      Gillies still didn't score a goal
      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        4-2 to the goons after 2
        Jon the worm has turned....it is now Maine who can't beat PC. And with numerous penalties including a couple of majors looks like Maine are goons
        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Maine needs to be blown up. Little if any carachter. Quit on the coach, stupid penalties, on and on
          Brutal effort

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
            Jon the worm has turned....it is now Maine who can't beat PC. And with numerous penalties including a couple of majors looks like Maine are goons
            A number of things have changed. Rebuilding took time. Now ride the wave.

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
              Are we sure 2002 Pooley isn't coaching up in Orono?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Fun weekend for all who were at Schneider,unless you were wearing blue. Glad t have the bye into the quarterfinals. Home playoffs again this year, Four years ago we couldn't have imagined this.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  Maine needs to be blown up. Little if any carachter. Quit on the coach, stupid penalties, on and on
                  Brutal effort
                  Little doubt about this
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Anyone want to bring up how bad PC was this weekend on defense during power plays? I think Maine had two short handed goals and on top of that multiple odd man rushes...need to clean that up
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      Anyone want to bring up how bad PC was this weekend on defense during power plays? I think Maine had two short handed goals and on top of that multiple odd man rushes...need to clean that up
                      Hopefully getting Gilmour back will help there. I think Walman takes too many chances especially on the point on PP.

Comment

Quite inexcusable to to surrender shorties while nursing 2 and 3 goal leads.
                        Except for that problem, a wonderful performance by all the friars.
                        Kudos to the coaching staff in having the team prepared .

Comment

Dear PC hockey team, thank you for sweeping Maine. UNH fans are grateful. Best wishes the rest of the way!
                          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Nope, don't want to bring it up. They won 5-2 and finished #2 in the regular season. That is to be celebrated! You jumped ship in October and have been down on this team all year. Some of us understand that mistakes are made but good teams fight back. This is a good team. Every team has things to work on. Just ask Bill Belichick. But we can also have a day or to to enjoy the win, enjoy the bye and then focus on the next opponent. Congratulations to Nate Leaman and the 2014-2015 Friars. Good luck in the next round.

Maybe Jon Gillies will score in the playoffs.

Comment

I saw a stat before last weekend's series that PC was sixth in the nation in scoring in the second half of the season. Yea, the UConn blowout throws averages off but something is wrong with this team between the ears. The inconsistency against weak opponents is troubling to say the least.
                              I looked on the national stats...guess what over the whole year we are tied (BC being one) for 15th in scoring...it's just a bit inconsistent. Goes part and parcel when you don't have that one big gun and clearly other teams have the same issue as PC looking at those numbers.

Oh and by the way it's now 5th in the nation in the 2nd half in scoring
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post

Maybe Jon Gillies will score in the playoffs.
                                Yeah 32 games this year and no goals how does he get to stay in the lineup
                                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Working...
                                X