Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNO @ tUMD: Swoon Time!

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    I am worried about this series for tUMD but all this talk of Massa's bad play and missing your captain gives me some hope. UMD has been playing well...but they're barely above .500 at home. I wouldn't be surpised if they don't play well and split the series.

Can't believe they're a one seed in the NCAA tournament right now and are 5th in the conference. That's fine with me as long as we don't play WMU. I trust this team on the road more than at home (plus I can't make the playoff series so it doesn't matter if they're at home or not)
    And, even after getting swept at SCSU last weekend, UNO is still 7-5-2 on the road this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
      And, even after getting swept at SCSU last weekend, UNO is still 7-5-2 on the road this season.
      UMD has a so-so record at home. They're like 3 or 4 games above .500. Too busy this morning to look it up.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

UMD has a so-so record at home. They're like 3 or 4 games above .500. Too busy this morning to look it up.
        UMD has a 3rd-worst-in-the-conference home record of 8-5-1 this season.

In other news, Dean Blais makes a sort of odd public statement about his own team in the press and says "this isn’t probably a championship team":

http://www.omaha.com/uno/mavs-lookin....html?mode=jqm

Reverse psychology, perhaps?

Mav fans are having flashbacks to the ending of the past 3 seasons.

Comment

In other news, Dean Blais makes a sort of odd public statement about his own team in the press and says "this isn’t probably a championship team":
          Well, if he's talking about the NCHC, he's actually right. The only way we can win the league is to win out and Miami & UND lose tonight, and then have Miami tie and win the shootout both games next weekend. Don't see that happening.

Considering the back-to-back-to-back penalty kills that UNO needed to take care of last night, I'll take a tie and shootout victory in that game any day. Especially after the way we have been playing lately. Hoping tonight is a good game and Massa is "on" as much as he was last night. Love watching him in the shootouts too, though one of the saves last night was due to losing a skate.
          If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Nary a peep out of anyone about last night?

A UNO win tonight would be ginormous, particularly if DU and SCSU can find a way to both win.

Looking for home ice (a win tonight by UNO would make this a pretty good bet) and hoping to make an NCAA berth just plain academic, at this point.

Chorus of boos of Jake Randolph when he took to the ice as the 1st skater in the shootout last night was awesome, particularly since he skated right down the ice and promptly scored.

In 3 shootouts this season, Massa has yet to be scored upon.

Couple of important points we got last night and a lot better than one, or, none. And, jumped us 2 spots in Pairwise, too.

Comment

Nary a peep out of anyone about last night?

A UNO win tonight would be ginormous, particularly if DU and SCSU can find a way to both win.

Looking for home ice (a win tonight by UNO would make this a pretty good bet) and hoping to make an NCAA berth just plain academic, at this point.

Chorus of boos of Jake Randolph when he took to the ice as the 1st skater in the shootout last night was awesome, particularly since he skated right down the ice and promptly scored.

In 3 shootouts this season, Massa has yet to be scored upon.

Couple of important points we got last night and a lot better than one, or, none. And, jumped us 2 spots in Pairwise, too.
              Pfft. They booed every shooter nobody really cares that he went elsewhere.

Thought UMD played fairly well but could play better. I expect another low scoring afar tonight, win and the "loss" yesterday will feel better if they win tonight. Just gotta win tonight.

PS: I ****ing hate the shootout and 3 point games. Not because we lost but because I think it's a waste of time
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Thought UMD played fairly well but could play better. I expect another low scoring afar tonight, win and the "loss" yesterday will feel better if they win tonight. Just gotta win tonight.

PS: I ****ing hate the shootout and 3 point games. Not because we lost but because I think it's a waste of time
                I'm not a big fan of shootuts, either. I'd just as soon as play every game until somebody wins.

Every game (all two of them) that UNO has ever won in Duluth has come on a Saturday night. Was at one of them ('11).

Comment

Also not a shootout fan. Wish we could go back to 2 pts for win and 1 for tie. Does the WCHA not do them?

Comment

No complaints about this weekend.

4 league points, of 6, against the # 3 team in Pairwise, in their building?

We'll take it.

Again, my real hopes for UNO are for next season. This season is gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Bulldog View Post
                      Also not a shootout fan. Wish we could go back to 2 pts for win and 1 for tie. Does the WCHA not do them?
                      Amen. They do not (that's fantastic)
                      No complaints about this weekend.

4 league points, of 6, against the # 3 team in Pairwise, in their building?

We'll take it.

Again, my real hopes for UNO are for next season. This season is gravy.
                      I wish we could have won but I'm more comfortable with this team on the road. I want us to face Miami or DU but not you guys as we have had trouble scoring against Massa in 3/4 games.
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

The word for the weekend is:

ibid
                        Last edited by Red Cows; 03-01-2015, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Amen. They do not (that's fantastic)

I wish we could have won but I'm more comfortable with this team on the road. I want us to face Miami or DU but not you guys as we have had trouble scoring against Massa in 3/4 games.
                          Any thoughts on why you guys have "struggled" at home?
                          Last edited by Red Cows; 03-01-2015, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Any thoughts on what you guys have "struggled" at home?
                            We have struggled at home really since Amsoil opened. It's gotten (a little) better recently, but to me, it's definitely not like at the DECC?

Comment

Well, the WCHA men's side doesn't do shootouts. The women do.
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                Well, the WCHA men's side doesn't do shootouts. The women do.
                                That is a great point although I have no idea why the women's side uses them.
                                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X