Michigan St @ Minnesota Thursday 2/26 & Friday 2/27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan St @ Minnesota Thursday 2/26 & Friday 2/27

Great comeback win tonight for the Gophers! They fought hard after Lehr gave up some rather weak goals.

I do hope Wilcox isn't hurt too bad and can play tomorrow night.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

Lehr had the first game jitters. That's my thinking. Either way, gutty win. Keep it going, boys.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Missed the first period, but was getting updates on my phone. When we went up 3-0 I told the guy I was with, "watch, we'll probably give up like five unanswered goals now."

Should've just kept my mouth shut.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Missed the first period, but was getting updates on my phone. When we went up 3-0 I told the guy I was with, "watch, we'll probably give up like five unanswered goals now."

Should've just kept my mouth shut.
          Weird, because I was at the game with my daughter, and after the Spartans scored on 3 of their first 4 shots, I told her something on the order of, "It's early and there's plenty of time left and the Gophers can come back and still win, but they can't give up any more goals." Sure enough, that's what happened.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            Weird, because I was at the game with my daughter, and after the Spartans scored on 3 of their first 4 shots, I told her something on the order of, "It's early and there's plenty of time left and the Gophers can come back and still win, but they can't give up any more goals." Sure enough, that's what happened.
            I knew this Gopher team could do it if they shored up in front of Lehr, I knew they had the firepower to come back. No way I thought they were going to though LOL!
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Lehr had the first game jitters. That's my thinking. Either way, gutty win. Keep it going, boys.
              Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
              Great comeback win tonight for the Gophers! They fought hard after Lehr gave up some rather weak goals.

I do hope Wilcox isn't hurt too bad and can play tomorrow night.
              One the topic of Lehr and his struggles. Being at the game I saw something pretty cool. I think it was the first TV timeout and the Gophers were huddled by the bench, Lehr had skated over to the bench from his net. As the they were breaking up I saw Marshall skating side by side with Lehr back toward the net. Obviously I have no idea what was said, but after that Lehr didn't let another goal in. Now, he got A LOT of help and he was nowhere near rock solid, but whatever was said by Marshall seemed to calm him a bit.

"Ok, Nick. It would be hard for you to be any worse than you were on those first four shots so just calm down now. We'll go score a goal here and as long as you don't let another one in, we'll win this game for you." That's what I think Marshall said to him.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Watching the game I was thinking almost the same thing. But, it went more like "...just can't give up any more shots on goal."

Comment

Based on trends from previous years, I'm going to predict a 2-2 tie with MSU winning the shootout tonight.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    Based on trends from previous years, I'm going to predict a 2-2 tie with MSU winning the shootout tonight.
                    Probably a good call! Ha!

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

It's down to Knudsen tonight if MSU wants 6 d-men dressed. Now's your time to rise & shine, big fella. What a blow for State if Travis Walsh can't go. That was a scary looking triage before he headed to the locker room. Reading into what's been said it doesn't appear to be a broken jaw or cheek bone, but staff is more worried about the brain.

Minnesota may have one less experienced D-man to have to play against this evening.

Comment

Ugh, I'd rather we just never have a lead. How agitating.

I thought we played Ok at times. I honestly thought we would be better overall. I didn't think we'd win but we generated very little pressure in the third. Maybe we were tired.

Comment

My hunch is that we see Wilcox back in net tonight.

If so, hope our D plays just as strong as they did after it was 3-0.
                          Originally posted by CavalryNate
                          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                            My hunch is that we see Wilcox back in net tonight.

If so, hope our D plays just as strong as they did after it was 3-0.
                            Agreed, I think Adam should be ready to go tonight. What I like about come from behind wins is it's a definite sign of good team chemistry, which they didn't have much of from mid-November to mid-January. Career season for Boyd, notching his 16th last night. He's been outstanding with the puck and his play making on and off the PP is off the charts right now.

I thought the Gophers handled the trap well. I expect MSU to come back strong again tonight. Interesting stat - Blocked shots were even last night at 16 for both teams.
                            Last edited by HarleyMC; 02-27-2015, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                              What a blow for State if Travis Walsh can't go. That was a scary looking triage before he headed to the locker room. Reading into what's been said it doesn't appear to be a broken jaw or cheek bone, but staff is more worried about the brain.
                              You're right, that was very scary. Sure hope he's OK.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                                Ugh, I'd rather we just never have a lead. How agitating.

I thought we played Ok at times. I honestly thought we would be better overall. I didn't think we'd win but we generated very little pressure in the third. Maybe we were tired.
                                Both teams looked like they were gassed with about halfway thru the 3rd. But I will say your guys looked more tired than ours.

Comment

Working...
                                X