Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech at Minnesota State 2/27-2/28: Who wants the MacNaughton Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAVS21 View Post
    What about Teddy and Dylan? Should be a great weekend of hockey!!
    I'll know more after practice today.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech at Minnesota State 2/27-2/28: Who wants the MacNaughton Cup?

Game week - time to bring the smack talk.

This weekend, the Verizon Wireless Center becomes Mel's Maverick Char Palace.
      Bring your own beer and a fork to stick in the Mavs.

http://youtu.be/TjOaw0LugHU

Ryan J
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        I agree. I was just stating the simple fact that obviously if Tech's top guys play lights out, they get the same type of play (secondary scoring) from their role guys, their goaltender plays well, etc that it will be a good weekend for tech.
        On the Mel Pearson show this morning, someone asked him if these 2 teams are the deepest teams in the country. He didn't come straight out and answer it, which is expected from a head coach, but his answer leads me to believe that he wouldn't argue with that statement. I think that we can go further and say that these might be the 2 best teams in the country, not just the deepest. UND is probably only team that I may put in front of either Tech or Mankato.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          UND is probably only team that I may put in front of either Tech or Mankato.
          Saw NoDak in person on Friday night. First off, they're fast. But I didn't come away thinking they were overly skilled. Caggiula was impressive, scored a quality goal and was good on and off the puck. But McIntyre saved their bacon over and over again all weekend against WMU, who is a decent team but shouldn't be able to dominate long stretches against the S***x.

Granted I don't have a big sample size for them, but having now put my own eyes on all three I'd be more likely to put NoDak 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            On the Mel Pearson show this morning, someone asked him if these 2 teams are the deepest teams in the country. He didn't come straight out and answer it, which is expected from a head coach, but his answer leads me to believe that he wouldn't argue with that statement. I think that we can go further and say that these might be the 2 best teams in the country, not just the deepest. UND is probably only team that I may put in front of either Tech or Mankato.
            I haven't seen enough of BU, but clearly they can be a bit sporadic when it comes to finishing games. Those top 3 are fantastic in all three facets of the game, and I watch a fair share of UND hockey as well. It's probably too close to call who has the deeper team. All three get solid secondary scoring to compliment their top guys, and have great depth across the blue line, good goaltending, etc.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Haha to say the tech and Mankato are the two best is just beyond ridiculous!! UND, Duluth, Omaha, Miami, and The clouds are all better teams this year.. They are all just playing each other in a real conference and someone has to lose. Tech and Mankatos schedule is soft as could be, yes they are good but don't think for a second that if any of the NCHC teams where in the WHCA they wouldn't be running the train on every school in it. I would say that after all those teams it might be Mankato then bostonU then either Minnesota Michigan or tech.. But if it makes you guys feel better, keep dreaming!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
                Haha to say the tech and Mankato are the two best is just beyond ridiculous!! UND, Duluth, Omaha, Miami, and The clouds are all better teams this year.. They are all just playing each other in a real conference and someone has to lose. Tech and Mankatos schedule is soft as could be, yes they are good but don't think for a second that if any of the NCHC teams where in the WHCA they wouldn't be running the train on every school in it. I would say that after all those teams it might be Mankato then bostonU then either Minnesota Michigan or tech.. But if it makes you guys feel better, keep dreaming!!
                You're not very smart, are you?
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Clearly he's right. There's no way we could go to Duluth or Omaha and win a game.

Comment

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day." -Calvin

4:00 double minors for roughing, to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                      Clearly he's right. There's no way we could go to Duluth or Omaha and win a game.
                      And those 4-1 and 6-2 losses that Michigan had against Tech? That definitely makes me put them ahead of the Huskies.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        And those 4-1 and 6-2 losses that Michigan had against Tech? That definitely makes me put them ahead of the Huskies.
                        At least he put us ahead of the Gophers. Maybe he watched one non-NoDak hockey game this year.

Comment

So here are the non-conference wins for the Susies this season:

1 vs #12 Providence
                          1 vs #25 Bemidji State
                          1 vs #51 Air Force
                          2 vs #54 Lake Superior State
                          2 vs #55 Wisconsin
                          2 vs #59 Niagara

7 of the 9 against four of the worst teams in college hockey. I stand corrected, they're a juggernaut.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                            At least he put us ahead of the Gophers. Maybe he watched one non-NoDak hockey game this year.
                            I don't know how he would have found time in his busy schedule of denigrating other cultures and beating off to his game worn Drake Caggiula jersey.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              So here are the non-conference wins for the Susies this season:

1 vs #12 Providence
                              1 vs #25 Bemidji State
                              1 vs #51 Air Force
                              2 vs #54 Lake Superior State
                              2 vs #55 Wisconsin
                              2 vs #59 Niagara

7 of the 9 against four of the worst teams in college hockey. I stand corrected, they're a juggernaut.
                              They must have really been sweating those games against powerhouse Niagara.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yes the Sioux lost their 1st game of the year against bemidji state and their 4th game of the year to providence but they were just getting the cobwebs out.. But they are a juggernaut for who they have beat and for what conference they are leading. How about those mavs getting swept by Alaska?? Any team that gets swept by a team that ****ty isn't even in the conversation for the best team in the league. And I'll give you tech fans a little boost over Michigan considering their sweep but keep on drinking the kool-aid.. Should be funny to how fast it all comes crashing down in the end for the WCHA

Comment

Working...
                                X