X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I wouldn't look to PSU's results to suggest they're already a contender, but to state they're already much improved over last season and shouldn't be overlooked.
    No doubt about that.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
    True but in a conference such as this with mostly pathetic teams, it won't take much to establish that. If MI continues their swoon it could push it along and happen sooner than we think.
    If we're just talking about this season, you could be right. I don't think this conference will be down long though, and I think PSU has a ways to go to be considered a powerhouse in college hockey. Not that I would be opposed to seeing them become one.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Re: Minnesota @ Penn State: 2/20 & 2/21

I wouldn't look to PSU's results to suggest they're already a contender, but to state they're already much improved over last season and shouldn't be overlooked.

Leave a comment:

• Tiggsy
    replied

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Mostly below average, yes, but "mostly pathetic" is exaggerating just a bit, no? I will grant you one, however...
    Point taken. You are correct. It's just that when teams are down you continue to kick them as hard as you can. See the MI season thread for great examples of that.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
    True but in a conference such as this with mostly pathetic teams, it won't take much to establish that. If MI continues their swoon it could push it along and happen sooner than we think.
    Mostly below average, yes, but "mostly pathetic" is exaggerating just a bit, no? I will grant you one, however...

Leave a comment:

• Tiggsy
    replied

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    They have one of the older rosters in college hockey. I wouldn't quite go as far as to say they have established themselves as a conference powerhouse. They'll need to consistently win before I'll do that.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    That's why I said "possible." That's a pretty big key word in my post.
    Fair enough

Leave a comment:

• 5mn_Major
    replied

Given their recent play I say sweep. Given the full body of work, then D is my prediction. PSU has established themselves as a possible powerhouse in this conference. They might not be there yet, but they are making noise.
    I predict this is where PSU starts to slide (actually last weekend). Six of their last eight games are against Michigan and us...and six of their last eight games are on the road where they are below 500. Although one might say, yeah but look at their record. Well actually its inflated. They have the 47th SOS out of 59 teams. Couple that with a arguably challenging road schedule with a series at Michigan, Lowell and three other ranked games...and you get an extremely light 14 games at home. Crossing my fingers, but I'd bet on a Gopher sweep.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    They have one of the older rosters in college hockey. I wouldn't quite go as far as to say they have established themselves as a conference powerhouse. They'll need to consistently win before I'll do that.
    That's why I said "possible." That's a pretty big key word in my post.

Leave a comment:

• ex_goldy
    replied

With my glass half full, worm half turned perspective this team is still on the edge. I expect them to be coasting on Friday and lose, then come back Saturday and win. Michigan came back hard Saturday and they responded, I hope they can maintain the effort.

How is Lettieri? He took a slapper on the side of his head Saturday. I read he was walking around in the locker room after the game. Best I've seen him play as a gopher.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Given their recent play I say sweep. Given the full body of work, then D is my prediction. PSU has established themselves as a possible powerhouse in this conference. They might not be there yet, but they are making noise.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    So, in other words, the Gophers really have their work cut out for them. What would you say the odds are of:

A) Minnesota sweeps
    B) Penn State sweeps
    C) They split
    D) None of the above - a tie in one or both games, with shoot-out point(s) awarded that affect conference standings only

I'm going with D. Gophers win one, but tie and then lose the shootout, because they always do.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

They shoot a LOT, and just relentlessly attack, from the couple games I have seen. The last game I saw from them was against MSU a couple weeks ago, and it was embarrassing how PSU beat them. A couple of the goals....the goalie had NO chance at a save. No chance.
    So, in other words, the Gophers really have their work cut out for them. What would you say the odds are of:

A) Minnesota sweeps
    B) Penn State sweeps
    C) They split
    D) None of the above - a tie in one or both games, with shoot-out point(s) awarded that affect conference standings only

I'm going with D. Gophers win one, but tie and then lose the shootout, because they always do.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

They shoot a LOT, and just relentlessly attack, from the couple games I have seen. The last game I saw from them was against MSU a couple weeks ago, and it was embarrassing how PSU beat them. A couple of the goals....the goalie had NO chance at a save. No chance.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

I looked at Penn State's schedule and results: http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-...key-sched.html

Are they really 10-1-3 on their home ice? If so, wow, that's pretty good. In fact, that's better than pretty good, that's domination, that's best in the league.

What's the secret to their success at home?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X