Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Penn State: 2/20 & 2/21

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    They have one of the older rosters in college hockey. I wouldn't quite go as far as to say they have established themselves as a conference powerhouse. They'll need to consistently win before I'll do that.
    That's why I said "possible." That's a pretty big key word in my post.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Given their recent play I say sweep. Given the full body of work, then D is my prediction. PSU has established themselves as a possible powerhouse in this conference. They might not be there yet, but they are making noise.
      I predict this is where PSU starts to slide (actually last weekend). Six of their last eight games are against Michigan and us...and six of their last eight games are on the road where they are below 500. Although one might say, yeah but look at their record. Well actually its inflated. They have the 47th SOS out of 59 teams. Couple that with a arguably challenging road schedule with a series at Michigan, Lowell and three other ranked games...and you get an extremely light 14 games at home. Crossing my fingers, but I'd bet on a Gopher sweep.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        That's why I said "possible." That's a pretty big key word in my post.
        Fair enough
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

They have one of the older rosters in college hockey. I wouldn't quite go as far as to say they have established themselves as a conference powerhouse. They'll need to consistently win before I'll do that.
          True but in a conference such as this with mostly pathetic teams, it won't take much to establish that. If MI continues their swoon it could push it along and happen sooner than we think.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
            True but in a conference such as this with mostly pathetic teams, it won't take much to establish that. If MI continues their swoon it could push it along and happen sooner than we think.
            Mostly below average, yes, but "mostly pathetic" is exaggerating just a bit, no? I will grant you one, however...
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              Mostly below average, yes, but "mostly pathetic" is exaggerating just a bit, no? I will grant you one, however...
              Point taken. You are correct. It's just that when teams are down you continue to kick them as hard as you can. See the MI season thread for great examples of that.

Comment

I wouldn't look to PSU's results to suggest they're already a contender, but to state they're already much improved over last season and shouldn't be overlooked.

Comment

If we're just talking about this season, you could be right. I don't think this conference will be down long though, and I think PSU has a ways to go to be considered a powerhouse in college hockey. Not that I would be opposed to seeing them become one.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    I wouldn't look to PSU's results to suggest they're already a contender, but to state they're already much improved over last season and shouldn't be overlooked.
                    No doubt about that.

Comment

If we're just talking about this season, you could be right. I don't think this conference will be down long though, and I think PSU has a ways to go to be considered a powerhouse in college hockey. Not that I would be opposed to seeing them become one.
                      Agree. MSU is typically good for a run here and there, UMi isnt a typical bubble team, UW is an unkown but also a 50% tournament team and PSU could be a team to,watch going forward. It was only last year that the BIG was the butt of all jokes in football yet this year a star, the BB pool is full of national powers and i think it's illogical,to assume the hockey conference won't rebound.

Comment

Not sure that there's any team that the Gophers should overlook. My guess is our chances at PSU are in line with our chances at MSU.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Watching them play, they can look quite excellent. I do think their age is a factor in that aspect.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I think I might take issue with them becoming one since they are the team that completely upset college hockey. Got to do a little more to win me over after being the center of the B1G. I may have said this before, but maybe this will mirror the football season how everyone was saying the B1G was down this year and eventually producing the national champion. I see one team that may be starting to come on at the right time and make a title run. Don't want to get too far ahead of myself yet.

Comment

I think I might take issue with them becoming one since they are the team that completely upset college hockey.
                              We're stuck with this conference now, might as well have good competition within it....? Right?

Weren't there a couple PSU posters last year? I thought I remembered there being a couple...
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

This series had a much bigger luster to me before last weekend's huge letdown at MSU. Now we're likely out of contention in the Pairwise. But it's still Minnesota so I'm looking forward to it. Hoping we can get our first ever win against them out of the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X