Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weighing Realignment?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Weighing Realignment?

    Originally posted by #1collegehockeyfan View Post
    Either does ESPN, if you like poker and boxing.
    Has college hockey made it to ESPN 8 the Ocho yet?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by #1collegehockeyfan View Post
      Either does ESPN, if you like poker and boxing.
      This Friday ESPN has the NBA Cleveland Cavaliers & Washington Wizards game. Kentucky/Auburn on Saturday.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
        This Friday ESPN has the NBA Cleveland Cavaliers & Washington Wizards game. Kentucky/Auburn on Saturday.
        Not bad Lebron on Friday and undefeated UK on Saturday.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by #1collegehockeyfan View Post
          Not bad Lebron on Friday and undefeated UK on Saturday.
          It's obviously not poker & boxing as you claimed.

          Comment


          • Re: Weighing Realignment?

            If Notre Dame does leave Hockey East I'm calling a dark horse candidate to replace them as Rhode Island.

            Seriously, think about it. Talk about last chance for that school to join the other large New England state schools...

            ; )

            Comment


            • Re: Weighing Realignment?

              There's basically no chance of that. Even as a good ACHA team, it would likely take a couple of years to fully assimilate to D1 after the announcement. (See: ASU and PSU) Combine that with the facts that unless HEA has some pretty advanced warning and already has URI ready and waiting, the school is going to need time of their own to conduct an analysis of whether it's feasible, HEA needs to decide whether they want to take them in over the alternative schools, and it means HEA will be sitting around with an odd number of teams for 2-4 years while they wait. All that just to add an expansion school that doesn't have nearly the backing of a PSU or ASU to give them an instant road to success. When you compare that to picking up Quinnipiac/HC to fill the spot instantly, the choice is obvious. If we were talking about an established D1 program, even one like pre-2012 UConn, it could be a different story.
              Last edited by TheRevengeance; 03-12-2015, 12:55 AM.

              Comment


              • Re: Weighing Realignment?

                Originally posted by slowe View Post
                If Notre Dame does leave Hockey East I'm calling a dark horse candidate to replace them as Rhode Island.

                Seriously, think about it. Talk about last chance for that school to join the other large New England state schools... ; )
                URI would first need to serve an apprenticeship in the AHC of at least a decade unless it had a very deep pocketed benefactor.
                Last edited by RSTuthill; 03-13-2015, 07:25 PM.

                Comment

                Working...
                X