Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota hosts Michigan: 2/13 & 2/14

Gameday!

Looking forward to this series against Michigan. Should be some fun hockey to watch.

Hope the Gophers bring their A game this weekend, they'll need it.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      I think a split is a reasonable expectation for this weekend.
      Unfortunately I agree a split is likely. I'd like to jump on the bandwagon that the Gophers have righted everything and will cruise through this weekend, but I'm not quite there yet. I hope they prove me wrong because a sweep would probably do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
        Unfortunately I agree a split is likely. I'd like to jump on the bandwagon that the Gophers have righted everything and will cruise through this weekend, but I'm not quite there yet. I hope they prove me wrong because a sweep would probably do that.
        They swept Michigan a year ago on Valetine's weekend at home. Just sayin'.
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
          No, no one cares enough about minnesota to learn anything about it. You're entire university is insignificant.
          Our entire University is insignificant? Listen buddy there's a thing called www.google.com, AWESOME website, its got some pretty cool stuff. How about you go on there, do some research on college hockey history, type in "Herb Brooks" and read some stuff on him and Minnesota, do some research on the University's hockey alumni, maybe buy a book or read a article about Minnesota hockey, and then how about you come back onto this site and run your big uneducated mouth about how insignificant Minnesota hockey is. I think what the guy said that you replied to was stupid too, but don't try to tell actual educated college hockey fans that the University of Minnesota is insignificant. Good day to you sir

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
            I'd like to jump on the bandwagon...
            It'll be more like a firewagon, as in 'firewagon hockey'! Buckle your seatbelts, boys, it should be fun to watch.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
              They swept Michigan a year ago on Valetine's weekend at home. Just sayin'.
              Good enough for me. Sweep!

Comment

Puffy chest U going down.

Comment

I have always wondered what horrible thing Michigan did that the Hockey Gods would make them wear those ugly helmets for eternity. It just seems so wrong.
                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                  Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    Here's hoping the gophs allow another 11 (or more) goal weekend for the Wolverines.
                    Umm...was I not specific enough? I wanted Michigan to score the ridiculous amount of goals.

This is unacceptable
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

Hi.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Well, that was weird.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Everything seemed to be firing on all cylinders for the Gophers tonight as they showed up B1G time with their BEST performance of season for the 6-2 win over the Wolverines. Literally, hats off to a strong senior class performance again tonight. Kyle Rau with a severe case of a will to win, recorded a HATTY in his best performance of the season. With Boyd’s hat trick last week against OSU, they recorded their first back to back hat tricks in a season since 1999.

The Gophers exploded with energy from the gate tonight, scoring 3 goals in the first period, and continued to storm Nagelvoort all night until Red pulled him after Kyle Rau scored a shortie on a beautiful textbook 1 hole shot to put the Gophers up 5-0. Gopher PP looked hot, but they didn’t need to rely on it as much, as the shot accuracy and scoring clicked tonight for four 5x5 goals.

The Gopher D led by Mike Reilly and company were physical and tenacious flooding the transition zone, stopping odd man rushes, blocking shots, protecting Wilcox in the paint, and keeping Corn and Blue shots down and on the perimeter. Adding to Michigan’s evening nightmare, the Gopher forecheck was off the charts and Wilcox was back in true form with his quick glove hand stopping some point blank shots.

Overall, one of the best all around efforts I’ve seen from the Gophers all season. With the Quinnipiac win and BC loss, the Gophers remain at 14th in what has become an extreme PWR log jam that looks to be a battle to the finish for a slot in the 16 team NCAA tournament field. Now we have to come back tomorrow night with the same explosiveness. Go Gophers!

Comment

Well now!

Comment

Great summary, HarleyMC. I was in attendance, and it was one of the best, if not THE best, game atmospheres at Mariucci of the entire season. So much fun to see the Gophers FINALLY living up to all the pre-season hype, and expectations, in a big game.

They're playing great, and we can only hope they can keep it going to close out the season.
                              Last edited by D2D; 02-14-2015, 12:29 AM.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

If they could keep track of that Nieves guy they'd really be on to something.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X