Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Michigan: 2/13 & 2/14

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    No, no one cares enough about minnesota to learn anything about it. You're entire university is insignificant.
    Well, how significant can a school be when the grads don't know the difference between your and you're?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      It is almost Thu, when real hockey talk starts, per the old WCHA rules.

As for the art of war comment, alfa claims they don't know as much about MN as we do about MI. They now have lost. To win the war, you must know thy enemy. Basic rule, really. Obviously, MN fans have got alfa all riled up, and away from alfa's style. MN is now in control, and halfway to winning the fan battle on that alone, which also ties into a common mantra: get in your opponent's head.
      And yet, these posts below demonstrate that MN has lost.

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
      The only thing I've taken away from this thread is that there are some Michigan fans who are desperate to get on the Gopher rivalry radar.
      This is laughable. I care about Michigan winning as many games as possible. Other than that I don't care much about Gophers, only that I wish they had won more out of conference games to help our PWR.

Originally posted by Koho View Post
      Arrow!!! Playing in an out of town tourney this weekend (driving back and forth) so hoping I can avoid hearing results before watching replay. Poor choice of weekend for tourney as this is biggest weekend remaining in regular season. Of course taking a brake in my 8 hour drive today, I did a little run to stretch and I acquired a lower body injury so am day-to-day for the tourney. I am sure you are all on the edge of your seats waiting to see how it turns out for me....But at least I have an arrow for this engrossing thread.
      Oh, look at that bolded part. Funny, the biggest weekend remaining for Michigan in the regular season will be our trip to Penn State next month.

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
      Says the fan of the team that has won 2 NC's since 1970, congrats on that great accomplishment.
      Says the fan of the team that's won..........I don't even know or care how many NC's your team's won. It's less than Michigan.
      Also, please note, I'm not the one that went down this road so don't start lecturing me about how long ago most of our 9 titles are.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G
      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
      2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
        The only thing I've taken away from this thread is that there are some Michigan fans who are desperate to get on the Gopher rivalry radar.
        Probably the truest post in this thread.
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Pretty much. I only care about MI when it directly affects the Gophers. Like this week. Other than that, I ask: who? Oh those fellers who wear ugly helmets? Who coaches them, the really old guy that has lived way past the average age expectation or the guy who's a loudmouth dooshnozzle? The old guy? Ok, thanks.
          Probably the second truest post in this thread and the only one that had made me chuckle.

Though alfa's posts are laughable for other reasons.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Well this is it. My guess is since it is it they'll be split. Which sucks for Minnesota and is fine for Michigan. So, that's probably what it'll be.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
              Probably the second truest post in this thread and the only one that had made me chuckle.

Though alfa's posts are laughable for other reasons.
              I thought most of them were sad. I mean how can that happen to someone to have that outlook?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                I thought most of them were sad. I mean how can that happen to someone to have that outlook?

I guess I should say that they started out laughable and made me SMH the more I read.

Better?

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  Says the fan of the team that's won..........I don't even know or care how many NC's your team's won. It's less than Michigan.
                  Also, please note, I'm not the one that went down this road so don't start lecturing me about how long ago most of our 9 titles are.

Well 7 of them were before 1965, and that's not a lecture just fact.

Easy to look up too, at least it is for someone who went to the real U of M.

Comment

Series news and notes from Gophersports

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...021115aaa.html

Gopher Hockey preps for a Big Ten Conference showdown this weekend as No. 12 Michigan visits Mariucci Arena for a two-game series. The two league rivals open up on Friday, Feb. 13 at 8:12 p.m. CT (BTN, BTN2Go, 1500 ESPN, Gopher Radio Network) with the series finale set for Saturday, Feb. 14 at 7:05 p.m. CT (FOX Sports North PLUS, BTN2Go, 1500 ESPN, Gopher Radio Network).

Minnesota/Michigan Series Preview

Two of the top scoring teams in the nation will faceoff at Mariucci Arena this weekend as Michigan’s top-ranked offense (4.21 goals per game) takes on Minnesota’s sixth-ranked offense (3.54 goals per game). Meanwhile, the Gophers boast the nation’s top power play (.291) while Michigan comes in at No. 4 in the nation (.241).

The Gophers are 131-120-14 all-time against the Wolverines including an 80-47-10 mark on home ice but have lost three-straight to this weekend’s opponent including a pair of games in Ann Arbor in January.
                    Originally posted by CavalryNate
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Re: Minnesota hosts Michigan: 2/13 & 2/14

And I thought UND fans lacked a sense of humor. Puffy chest fans rule that world. Later

Comment

Is alfa still posting all day about how s/he doesn't care about the Gophers? No? Finally gave up? Good.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

IT'S GAME DAY!!

Well hobos and clowns, we're five weeks out and the Gophers have reached another defining weekend of college hockey in their 2014-15 roller coaster season. In fact, all around college hockey this weekend's games have sizable PWR implications for various teams. With wins and a little help, Penn State, Vermont and St. Lawrence could jump into the 16 team tournament field, while teams like Harvard, Mass-Lowell, the Gophers and Michigan are desperately fighting week to week to stay in the pack. Even the DU/UND matchup could complicate the PWR spread for the bottom six.

This weekend is as critical for Michigan as it is for the Gophers. For example, a loss and tie for Michigan could send them tumbling to the bubble, while a win and a tie could elevate the Gophers to #12 depending on how other teams perform (i.e. Q-pac/St. Lawrence...SL win).

Michigan currently leads the NCAA with 4.21 goals/game vs the Gophers/3.54. The Wolverines also lead the NCAA in even strength goals at 3.25/game, while the Gophers are #15 at 2.27 ES goals/game. But both teams find themselves in the bottom half of the nation in goals against at 2.65 GA/Gophers and 2.88 GA/Michigan. Overall, that translates into a high flying transition game with lots of offensive action and scoring.

Wilcox was solid against OSU last weekend and will need to be in top form to backstop a barrage of shots from the corn and blue. Although the Gophers currently lead the nation in PP% at 29%, they've relied on it too much this season and have been weak 5x5. That must change if the Gophers expect to move up in the B1G standings and also increase their PWR chances for an at-large bid. Go Gophers!

Comment

I think a split is a reasonable expectation for this weekend.

Has Michigan finally found defense, allowing just 3 goals in the last 3 games, or is that more a reflection of the caliber opponent (Wisconsin and Sparty)? Maybe it's that Nagelvort is playing better, going back 4 games where Michigan allowed 4 goals, only 1 was given up by Nagelvoort who came in for the last 2 periods of that game.

Hopefully we don't give the Gopher power play too many opportunities, especially not a 5 minute like they had at Yost. Here's hoping the gophs allow another 11 (or more) goal weekend for the Wolverines.
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

Comment

I think the Gophers finally have found religion.

That, and they seem to play better against better competition.

Add some home ice and I see a Gopher sweep.

Of course, that's my opinion. I could be wrong.

Comment

Seems I'll be making an appearance at Mariucci on Saturday evening. It would be nice to see a win.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X