Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Michigan: 2/13 & 2/14

Originally posted by wasmania View Post
    One thing that doesn't ever seem to change. A lone opposing fanbase member with the guts to show up.
    I can see that.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
      Hmm... can't understand what I'm saying and you think you're better than us? Again, I'll spell it out. You are the one replying to me. I don't really care who it was, I would have written the same original posts to whoever wanted to engage. That was you. If no one replies, it's not exactly much of a thread.

Oddly enough in this case, there are many replies and it is quickly turning into not much of a thread.

Yup. What you said, says it all.
      Riight. when you reply, that's actually me replying to you multiple times.

If that makes you sleep better at night, you are welcome to that odd delusion.

Comment

One thing that doesn't ever seem to change. Gopher fans getting their arse's handed to them by a lone opposing fanbase member.
        Sadly, or good for me, because it's colder than a witches .... this weekend, I'm gone after tonight. Could not wait until we actually start talking hockey.

but it was not hard to fend off the gophers. who have a very interesting fascination with Michigan. And have a lot to do before I can consider them arrogant. Just can't see it- to little confidence in themselves.

Anyway, don't hurt yourselves. It's only a game.

Comment

The only thing I've taken away from this thread is that there are some Michigan fans who are desperate to get on the Gopher rivalry radar.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
            The only thing I've taken away from this thread is that there are some Michigan fans who are desperate to get on the Gopher rivalry radar.
            Pretty much. I only care about MI when it directly affects the Gophers. Like this week. Other than that, I ask: who? Oh those fellers who wear ugly helmets? Who coaches them, the really old guy that has lived way past the average age expectation or the guy who's a loudmouth dooshnozzle? The old guy? Ok, thanks.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Arrow!!! Playing in an out of town tourney this weekend (driving back and forth) so hoping I can avoid hearing results before watching replay. Poor choice of weekend for tourney as this is biggest weekend remaining in regular season. Of course taking a brake in my 8 hour drive today, I did a little run to stretch and I acquired a lower body injury so am day-to-day for the tourney. I am sure you are all on the edge of your seats waiting to see how it turns out for me....But at least I have an arrow for this engrossing thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                At least becky, jan brady and even whioux fans knew how to get a thread going... I miss the old WCHA.
                Personally, I miss the old CCHA.

But even though I'm on the other side of the divide, your comment is perceptive. There was a real difference between WCHA & CCHA threads, and it lives on. At the moment we're largely talking past one each other. In other words, the threads are as mediocre as the on-ice product. And naturally we each miss what we were used to.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Quite simple, really. "Know thy enemy."
                Clearly true, but that needs to be practiced as well as preached.

Someone isn't educated in the art of war, I see.
                If by "war" you mean "snarky tweets," you are correct. But of course there's more than way to post. Actual hockey conversations are an option.

Not telling anyone to stop having fun, however they define it. Plenty of bandwidth for all. Just saying that finding suitable dance partners is proving to be a challenge.

But hey, look on the bright side. Maybe this week's bracketology is correct and you guys will wind up facing UND in the West Regional. If that occurs, you'll enjoy a season's worth of snark in a single week.

Comment

It is almost Thu, when real hockey talk starts, per the old WCHA rules.

As for the art of war comment, alfa claims they don't know as much about MN as we do about MI. They now have lost. To win the war, you must know thy enemy. Basic rule, really. Obviously, MN fans have got alfa all riled up, and away from alfa's style. MN is now in control, and halfway to winning the fan battle on that alone, which also ties into a common mantra: get in your opponent's head.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

As for the art of war comment, alfa claims they don't know as much about MN as we do about MI. They now have lost. To win the war, you must know thy enemy. Basic rule, really. Obviously, MN fans have got alfa all riled up, and away from alfa's style. MN is now in control, and halfway to winning the fan battle on that alone, which also ties into a common mantra: get in your opponent's head.
                    No just stop please It feels yucky getting embarrassed for a gopher fan. The entire ***** world knows and agrees that University of Minnesota< University of Michigan. Period. Across the board.

Comment

No just stop please It feels yucky getting embarrassed for a gopher fan. The entire ***** world knows and agrees that University of Minnesota< University of Michigan. Period. Across the board.
                      There is a large contingent that is centered around a great area of lakes that disagrees with you, Flatlander.

Comment

Money Line has Gophers as the slight favorite on Friday night.

College Hockey ..........................Spread .......Money Line .......Total Points

Michigan at Minnesota - Big10 Network

Fri 2/13 161 Michigan ...............+1½ -260 .........+105 ..............o7½ -105
                        9:00PM 162 Minnesota ..............-1½ +200 .........-135 ..............u7½ -125

Comment

Says a fan of North Dakota State
                          -Red Baron spokesperson

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            So puffy chest also lives in an ivory tower - I suppose they go hand in hand.

If I called him Francis would he understand the reference?
                            Lighten up Francis...
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

No, no one cares enough about minnesota to learn anything about it. You're entire university is insignificant.
                              Originally posted by alfablue
                              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Says the fan of the team that has won 2 NC's since 1970, congrats on that great accomplishment.

Comment

Working...
                                X