• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gopher wes
    replied
    Re: Minnesota hosts Michigan: 2/13 & 2/14

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    The only thing I've taken away from this thread is that there are some Michigan fans who are desperate to get on the Gopher rivalry radar.
    Probably the truest post in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    It is almost Thu, when real hockey talk starts, per the old WCHA rules.

As for the art of war comment, alfa claims they don't know as much about MN as we do about MI. They now have lost. To win the war, you must know thy enemy. Basic rule, really. Obviously, MN fans have got alfa all riled up, and away from alfa's style. MN is now in control, and halfway to winning the fan battle on that alone, which also ties into a common mantra: get in your opponent's head.
    And yet, these posts below demonstrate that MN has lost.

The only thing I've taken away from this thread is that there are some Michigan fans who are desperate to get on the Gopher rivalry radar.
    This is laughable. I care about Michigan winning as many games as possible. Other than that I don't care much about Gophers, only that I wish they had won more out of conference games to help our PWR.

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    Arrow!!! Playing in an out of town tourney this weekend (driving back and forth) so hoping I can avoid hearing results before watching replay. Poor choice of weekend for tourney as this is biggest weekend remaining in regular season. Of course taking a brake in my 8 hour drive today, I did a little run to stretch and I acquired a lower body injury so am day-to-day for the tourney. I am sure you are all on the edge of your seats waiting to see how it turns out for me....But at least I have an arrow for this engrossing thread.
    Oh, look at that bolded part. Funny, the biggest weekend remaining for Michigan in the regular season will be our trip to Penn State next month.

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    Says the fan of the team that has won 2 NC's since 1970, congrats on that great accomplishment.
    Says the fan of the team that's won..........I don't even know or care how many NC's your team's won. It's less than Michigan.
    Also, please note, I'm not the one that went down this road so don't start lecturing me about how long ago most of our 9 titles are.

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    No, no one cares enough about minnesota to learn anything about it. You're entire university is insignificant.
    Well, how significant can a school be when the grads don't know the difference between your and you're?

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

Says the fan of the team that has won 2 NC's since 1970, congrats on that great accomplishment.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

As for the art of war comment, alfa claims they don't know as much about MN as we do about MI. They now have lost. To win the war, you must know thy enemy. Basic rule, really. Obviously, MN fans have got alfa all riled up, and away from alfa's style. MN is now in control, and halfway to winning the fan battle on that alone, which also ties into a common mantra: get in your opponent's head.
    No, no one cares enough about minnesota to learn anything about it. You're entire university is insignificant.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    So puffy chest also lives in an ivory tower - I suppose they go hand in hand.

If I called him Francis would he understand the reference?
    Lighten up Francis...

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by wasmania View Post
    No just stop please It feels yucky getting embarrassed for a gopher fan. The entire ***** world knows and agrees that University of Minnesota< University of Michigan. Period. Across the board.
    Says a fan of North Dakota State
    -Red Baron spokesperson

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

Money Line has Gophers as the slight favorite on Friday night.

College Hockey ..........................Spread .......Money Line .......Total Points

Michigan at Minnesota - Big10 Network

Fri 2/13 161 Michigan ...............+1½ -260 .........+105 ..............o7½ -105
    9:00PM 162 Minnesota ..............-1½ +200 .........-135 ..............u7½ -125

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by wasmania View Post
    No just stop please It feels yucky getting embarrassed for a gopher fan. The entire ***** world knows and agrees that University of Minnesota< University of Michigan. Period. Across the board.
    There is a large contingent that is centered around a great area of lakes that disagrees with you, Flatlander.

Leave a comment:

• wasmania
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pgb-ohio
    replied

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    At least becky, jan brady and even whioux fans knew how to get a thread going... I miss the old WCHA.
    Personally, I miss the old CCHA.

But even though I'm on the other side of the divide, your comment is perceptive. There was a real difference between WCHA & CCHA threads, and it lives on. At the moment we're largely talking past one each other. In other words, the threads are as mediocre as the on-ice product. And naturally we each miss what we were used to.

Quite simple, really. "Know thy enemy."
    Clearly true, but that needs to be practiced as well as preached.

Someone isn't educated in the art of war, I see.
    If by "war" you mean "snarky tweets," you are correct. But of course there's more than way to post. Actual hockey conversations are an option.

Not telling anyone to stop having fun, however they define it. Plenty of bandwidth for all. Just saying that finding suitable dance partners is proving to be a challenge.

But hey, look on the bright side. Maybe this week's bracketology is correct and you guys will wind up facing UND in the West Regional. If that occurs, you'll enjoy a season's worth of snark in a single week.

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

Arrow!!! Playing in an out of town tourney this weekend (driving back and forth) so hoping I can avoid hearing results before watching replay. Poor choice of weekend for tourney as this is biggest weekend remaining in regular season. Of course taking a brake in my 8 hour drive today, I did a little run to stretch and I acquired a lower body injury so am day-to-day for the tourney. I am sure you are all on the edge of your seats waiting to see how it turns out for me....But at least I have an arrow for this engrossing thread.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Pretty much. I only care about MI when it directly affects the Gophers. Like this week. Other than that, I ask: who? Oh those fellers who wear ugly helmets? Who coaches them, the really old guy that has lived way past the average age expectation or the guy who's a loudmouth dooshnozzle? The old guy? Ok, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X