Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota hosts Michigan: 2/13 & 2/14

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Great write-up as usual, Harley. But I have to ask, weren't you really pessimistic about the Gophers' chances of making the NCAA's just two weekends ago? Like, practically no chance based on the PWR? I know it's still far from a done deal, but wouldn't you say that the odds now are at least pointed in the Gophers' favor?
    When the Gophers were sitting at PWR #20 with a huge RPI gap between the top 16, I said they needed to win nearly every game AND absolutely needed help from other teams to climb into the 16 team field or they wouldn't make it. A team can't just win games and expect to climb if they're sitting at 20+ in the PWR surrounded by lost comparisons and huge RPI gaps unless they receive help from other teams. The Gophers could have never climbed back in with just a sweep over lowly OSU last weekend. They needed the massive upsets last week in college hockey to help lift them from 20th to 14th. Fortunately for the Gophers they got it and the result was quite a PWR jump in one week!

Notice even though they swept a higher PWR ranking team they only jumped last night from 14th to 13th because they didn't get the extra help from other teams. If Penn St. would have swept Sparty as expected, we may have had another good chance for PWR traction next week. As it turns out the sweep this weekend was huge and in retrospect could very well have been the turning point that will allow them into the tourney at a low seed if they keep winning.

Circumstances can change drastically in the PWR system primarily because of the RPI weighting on the opp win% and opp-opp win%. So at this point, the Gophers are still vulnerable because of the volatility in the PWR at this point in the season, but they're in a much better position for an at-large bid than two weekends ago. But there are still multiple PWR permutations that could either hurt or help them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
      Looks like this UMICH has tried to pick up where alfa left off. Can't really tell the difference between them at all but I can see that big zero for MI on the scoreboard tonight.

I wonder if any of them will be seen in this thread again...
      Why should we come back? It's not like there was any actual discussion here. Just a bunch of gopher-propaganda...
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Is it Gopher propaganda that caused your own season thread to also go silent, Puffy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Is it Gopher propaganda that caused your own season thread to also go silent, Puffy?
          "Rats. A team that has had more success than us over the last 20 years* calling us on our garbage. I know! Let's just ramble about flyover country and other such nonsense."

*Not an impressive feat.
          Last edited by state of hockey; 02-15-2015, 03:51 AM.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

So Michigan fans are now resigned to just talking about how they are good at other stuff because they cant beat us in hockey. Congrats you are now Wisconsin BADger fans.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              So Michigan fans are now resigned to just talking about how they are good at other stuff because they cant beat us in hockey. Congrats you are now Wisconsin BADger fans.
              Things are strangely quiet in their season thread.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                Why should we come back? It's not like there was any actual discussion here. Just a bunch of gopher-propaganda...
                It would have helped the discussion if your team had showed up...they must have thought it was the NCAAs already cause they bent over and gave it up like a drunk sorority chick in Ann Arbor.

Oh and tell your other 2 Michigan fans (there is only like 7 of you right?) that the reason everyone knows so much about Michigan is because the puffy chesters cant stop talking about themselves and their school. How do you know someone went to Michigan? The arrogant ***** tells you before you can ask

Jut keep swooning...
                Last edited by Handyman; 02-15-2015, 10:28 AM.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It would have helped the discussion if your team had showed up...they must have thought it was the NCAAs already cause they bent over and gave it up like a drunk sorority chick in Ann Arbor.
                  You mean Marquette.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                    Go ahead take your puck and run, typical of fans from teams who aren't relevant any more.

Comment

Sweep it away yet it comes back.
                      That's a shame.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                        Sorry about your loss maybe if you were not such a dink we would be nicer to you.
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          You mean Marquette.
                          I didnt say she had VD
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I didnt say she had VD
                            Touche.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                              Go ahead take your puck and run, typical of fans from teams who aren't relevant any more.
                              Funny, you didn't say that after Michigan swept your goopher buts out of Yost....
                              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Wow, I didn't realize that Jan. 9/10th was so long ago and not hockey? Well, in your defense minny wasn't playing hockey then so...

Comment

Working...
                                X