• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gopher wes
    replied
    Re: Minnesota hosts Michigan: 2/13 & 2/14

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    I apologize that we don't have a come back for that. Mostly because we have no idea what your fight song is.

For a school that hates us so much- it's fascinating that so many of you know history of our helmets more than we do, that you take our fight song and alter the words for fun.

I can't think of a single thing that is equivallent the other way. Not one.

Isn't that interesting?
    I find that hard to believe. Even if you weren't in the building for games like, say, this one: http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey...-vs-minnesota/ , I'm willing to bet that you know at least one thing about the University of Minnesota's fight song whether you like to admit it or not. When you hear it that many times, I imagine it starts to stick after awhile.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    You Michigan fans are no fun, lighten up.

At least becky, jan brady and even whioux fans knew how to get a thread going... I miss the old WCHA.
    Somebody is being heavy?

Or do you consider the time when we start throwing insults your way lighter.

Which, it seems, you missed for a LONG time now.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
    Not when you stop to consider that your average U of Mich hockey fan isn't as well versed in college hockey as a U of MN fan.

(Was that an arrogant statement?)
    Is there a quiz to get into the game? I think it's really nice that you care so much to know about us, but forgive me for not giving a crap about your school.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Quite simple, really. "Know thy enemy." Someone isn't educated in the art of war, I see.
    I'm sure that our hockey team is very familar with yous. But I'm not fighting, nor playing. And I don't see the point in learning your fight song or traditions to make my entertianment more enjoyable.

It's a game that I watch, that's it.

It would probaly make it more interesting to know the players of your team, sure. I know the style you like to play, as it's very very fun to watch- especially when my team is playing yours.

But beyond that, what's that point?

As I said in our thread- you remind me of the 10 year old boy who insults the little girl he has a crush on.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Since you don't have a quote- which poster do you mean has a puffy chest?

We are not the ones trying to throw insults to you....
    Quite simple, really. "Know thy enemy." Someone isn't educated in the art of war, I see.

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

You Michigan fans are no fun, lighten up.

At least becky, jan brady and even whioux fans knew how to get a thread going... I miss the old WCHA.

Leave a comment:

• Go4PuckFan2.0
    replied
    I apologize that we don't have a come back for that. Mostly because we have no idea what your fight song is.

For a school that hates us so much- it's fascinating that so many of you know history of our helmets more than we do, that you take our fight song and alter the words for fun.

Isn't that interesting?
    Not when you stop to consider that your average U of Mich hockey fan isn't as well versed in college hockey as a U of MN fan.

(Was that an arrogant statement?)

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    i so love puffy-chest U fans. Is it the concept of irony or hypocrisy that you lack more?

Gophers sweep.
    Since you don't have a quote- which poster do you mean has a puffy chest?

We are not the ones trying to throw insults to you....

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Heil heil to those mother...

Isn't that interesting?

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    They're all Prince fans, logic is foreign to them. Now you know why Wisconsin is full of drunks. They live in the next state, they have to be bombed to be able to put up with them.
    Those drunks leave their own state for here in droves and Prince > Nugent. Put the puffy away you're not worthy.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

Interesting history in the UGLY helmet saga:

But the most dramatic change in headgear occurred on an otherwise uneventful day in late February 1989. Former captain Alex Roberts remembers it like it was yesterday. "Right before the league playoffs, we're coming up the stairs to the locker room" he recounts, "and we start smelling fresh paint. The smell's everywhere. "We get up to the top of the stairs and see the training room tables in the hallway with a bunch of helmets on 'em painted dark blue with the yellow wings, just like the football team's—and we literally thought it was a joke. The helmets were to out of the normal protocol. We're like, 'Where are our real helmets, the white ones? What the hell are these? We were laughing our asses off. Then Red (Berenson) comes in and says, 'You guys are wearing these.'

"That night we bought Red one of those baseball caps with the football helmet design on it and gave it to him the next day. 'If we're gonna wear these things on our heads, you are too.' He did."

"Funny thing was," Roberts adds, "we had all gotten buzz cuts that week for team unity before the playoffs. And now we all had to readjust our helmets to fit our smaller heads, which meant the yellow stripes were all out of whack." But the design got the attention it was supposed to get. When the Wolverines came out for warm ups against Bowling Green to open their best of three playoff series, the Falcons actually stopped what they were doing to gawk at the Michigan team's new look. "We just said, 'Hey man, this is us,"' Roberts recalls, chuckling. "We've gotta do what we're told. 'All I can say is, we felt pretty corny."

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Does it make you feel better to belittle other teams fans and their uniforms? You feel superior because you call other people clueless?

That's interesting. Maybe we should look into that more. Seems like you have some issues with your personal outlook. You need some more self esteem.
    They're all Prince fans, logic is foreign to them. Now you know why Wisconsin is full of drunks. They live in the next state, they have to be bombed to be able to put up with them.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    i so love puffy-chest U fans. Is it the concept of irony or hypocrisy that you lack more?

Gophers sweep.
    I think that you meant "Gophers get swept."

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Heil heil to those mother...

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Your what hurts?

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Minnesota has played for decades in a conference against schools that are normally well in its shadow. We haven't had OSU, MSU, Notre Dame in our conference. We were an even bigger dog in the old WCHA than Michigan was in the CCHA...and as the only D1 program in the state, still are in Minnesota. So every old WCHA and current MN team circles the dates against us. The few games we have against schools with our stature...the Gophers get up for those schools. Prior to this year's sweep, the Gophers record was 12-6 against Michigan since 2000, 6-2 against Notre Dame since 2000, and our record in our most recent series against BC is 3-0-1...with a 23 to 7 goal differential. So I probably misspoke before...but I mean the Gophers often play at their best against large, overall equally prestigious programs.
    So since this is THIS season, what happened in January? The first game was close, but the second one wasn't.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X