Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turk181
    replied
    Re: Brown & Yale @ RPI & Union (2/13, 2/14)

RPI GameNotes, including Brown & Yale.... http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...px?path=hockey

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Lyon (no "s")
    Whoops . I guess I haven't gone to enough of my new school's games this season.

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    With our luck, the one where Lyons is a god in net and despite controlling play, RPI can't light the lamp.
    Sorry, Lyon (no "s") had his one bad game against Dartmouth ( the D did too), but, he did set the career record for shutouts for a goalie at Yale the night before vs. HVD in just 1 1/2 seasons.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    I have nothing to add to the discussion because i have no idea which Yale team will show up in Troy.
    With our luck, the one where Lyons is a god in net and despite controlling play, RPI can't light the lamp.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
    Granted bailey was the QB and focus of the offense that season, but he and Laliberte both had 7 PPG, haggerty had 4 and Neal and Lee 3 each. That as a pretty good spread.
    And how many of those 14, would you say, were tip-ins or rebounds? All of Lee's, no doubt, as he played up front as I recall he did his impersonation of Brett Hull several times. The others?

Leave a comment:

• Jasma
    replied
    Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Granted, this one isn't from this year, but in 12-13 on the first PP unit, the only player who would ever shoot was Nick Bailen. That led to several forward blocks and SHGs.
    Granted bailey was the QB and focus of the offense that season, but he and Laliberte both had 7 PPG, haggerty had 4 and Neal and Lee 3 each. That as a pretty good spread.

Leave a comment:

• LTsatch
    replied

I have nothing to add to the discussion because i have no idea which Yale team will show up in Troy.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
    If seth had chosen better captains he wouldn`t have the situation where you have to bench all of them I was at a function saturday night and didn`t see or hear the situation you are describing with praps.
    What happened was, at the side of the net, he had a VERY good look at the goal, and instead of taking the shot, he made a bunch of moves trying to get the goalie to commit, and ended up with nothing.

Leave a comment:

• jstadts
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It's tough to throw the favorites card on the table when Appert not only benched all four captains, but restricted them from any and all team events during the Miami weekend. I agree that it may be too little too late (I remember Lee's doghouse on one weekend being modified).

As for the pass/shoot remark, I think Bourbonnais' first goal in the Halloween Union game was the first time in a long time that I have seen RPI shoot first on the two-on-one, and when I saw the video, it was like the defender was anticipating the pass, rather than cutting off the angles like you'd normally see a defender do.

As for Prapp's miscue when he was open during the CCT game, it seemed the case where he was just trying to make too many moves, looking for the perfect opening, ended up wasting a lot of energy for pretty much no gain. There's nothing wrong with one deke to get the goalie guessing, but once you get up to three or four, you're just giving the goalie more time to set up for the save.
    If seth had chosen better captains he wouldn`t have the situation where you have to bench all of them I was at a function saturday night and didn`t see or hear the situation you are describing with praps.
    Last edited by jstadts; 02-08-2015, 05:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

I see guys passing when they should shoot every single game. Is luke curadi not out on the ice in for the final shift of every lopsided loss to union trying to stir crap up? Does seth not decide who is on the ice for the last shift of those games? Does seth ever bench luke for this bush league play? Did seth ever apologize to anyone for the cheap shots his players deliver in decided games. Did seth ever bench haggerty or pirri for completely dogging it on the back check? When a coach has different expectations for different players in areas like discipline and hustle you are screwed as a team. Miller has one of the best shots on the team and works his butt off..is he on the powerplay with any regularity? I really feel RPI is a team divided and for this I blame Seth.
    It's tough to throw the favorites card on the table when Appert not only benched all four captains, but restricted them from any and all team events during the Miami weekend. I agree that it may be too little too late (I remember Lee's doghouse on one weekend being modified).

As for the pass/shoot remark, I think Bourbonnais' first goal in the Halloween Union game was the first time in a long time that I have seen RPI shoot first on the two-on-one, and when I saw the video, it was like the defender was anticipating the pass, rather than cutting off the angles like you'd normally see a defender do.

As for Prapp's miscue when he was open during the CCT game, it seemed the case where he was just trying to make too many moves, looking for the perfect opening, ended up wasting a lot of energy for pretty much no gain. There's nothing wrong with one deke to get the goalie guessing, but once you get up to three or four, you're just giving the goalie more time to set up for the save.

Leave a comment:

• jstadts
    replied

I see guys passing when they should shoot every single game. Is luke curadi not out on the ice in for the final shift of every lopsided loss to union trying to stir crap up? Does seth not decide who is on the ice for the last shift of those games? Does seth ever bench luke for this bush league play? Did seth ever apologize to anyone for the cheap shots his players deliver in decided games. Did seth ever bench haggerty or pirri for completely dogging it on the back check? When a coach has different expectations for different players in areas like discipline and hustle you are screwed as a team. Miller has one of the best shots on the team and works his butt off..is he on the powerplay with any regularity? I really feel RPI is a team divided and for this I blame Seth.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
    I'm sorry, but that makes little sense to me if true. Can you site specifics players and instances? I agree that sometimes upperclassmen may gave a longer leash, but I can't imagine a coach telling a player wide open in the slot to pass the puck to someone else who nay be closely marked, especially this team. While their are certainly major issues with the program and this year' steam in particular, I think some people here are going off at the mouth out of frustration, with little to back it up
    Granted, this one isn't from this year, but in 12-13 on the first PP unit, the only player who would ever shoot was Nick Bailen. That led to several forward blocks and SHGs.

Leave a comment:

• Jasma
    replied
    It seems like RPI has been a team divided for many years. I really think year after year some guys have green lights to do certain things{eg shoot} and other guys will catch hell if they shoot so instead they pass up shots and look for the gunner. Some guys can take dumb penalties most every game with no apparent consequences and other guys get benched if they take a penalty. If I am right this has to cause all types of "team" issues. A team divided is no team at all.It feels like this team has quit .
    I'm sorry, but that makes little sense to me if true. Can you site specifics players and instances? I agree that sometimes upperclassmen may gave a longer leash, but I can't imagine a coach telling a player wide open in the slot to pass the puck to someone else who nay be closely marked, especially this team. While their are certainly major issues with the program and this year' steam in particular, I think some people here are going off at the mouth out of frustration, with little to back it up

Leave a comment:

• jstadts
    replied

It seems like RPI has been a team divided for many years. I really think year after year some guys have green lights to do certain things{eg shoot} and other guys will catch hell if they shoot so instead they pass up shots and look for the gunner. Some guys can take dumb penalties most every game with no apparent consequences and other guys get benched if they take a penalty. If I am right this has to cause all types of "team" issues. A team divided is no team at all.It feels like this team has quit .

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

First game we should win. Second game we could win. But I have said that about lots of weekend over the past years. Both of these teams coming in have one big advantage-they know exactly what they will be getting against them. They know that we will play the game a certain way. They will know how we bring the puck up the ice, how we attempt to carry it in or dump in and chase. They probably know from tapes(or playing us the past 8 years) where each guy is supposed to be on the ice. Brown has not shown they are a very potent team(except for beating Harvard yesterday). Yale is not the team they were a couple of years ago. But we have to take advantage of home ice as it is now or never for this year. We have to match up our lines to take advantage of any weaknesses we can discern. Most of all, we have to find a way to control face offs. Somewhere in this locker room there has to be 2 or 3 guys who can win those important face offs deep in the zones especially on special teams. Even the law of averages indicates that we cannot lose most face offs to every team we play. And lastly, perhaps, for this weekend we can induce the opponents to take more penalties than we get called for. I know i am asking a lot-but with 6 games left in the season before playoffs, it would be nice to see.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X