X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    Was worried about UMass--5 OTer effect--fortunate they have HEA autobid

Too bad B1G can't get 2 reresentatives
    If RPI plays their way out, still very improbable that bubble team Ohio State can move up, as they would need to leapfrog over UConn and Maine.

Comment

Re: Official 2015 BottomFeeder Bracketology and Site Selection Thread

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      Clarkson is playing their way in, and RPI is hanging on. Wonder if we could see an RPI vs. Clarkson tilt in the BFB?
      If your aren't gonna play well at the end of the year and make the "other" tourney, you may just as well collapse and end up here! Don't want to play RPI again though, already seen enough of them.
      Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
      Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
        If your aren't gonna play well at the end of the year and make the "other" tourney, you may just as well collapse and end up here! Don't want to play RPI again though, already seen enough of them.
        We've seen enough of you guys too. Besides, we will probably both end up being #4 seeds for this tournament so it's unlikely that we'll play each other.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          We've seen enough of you guys too. Besides, we will probably both end up being #4 seeds for this tournament so it's unlikely that we'll play each other.
          1 more good weekend, and you guys are eliminated, I think; my recollection is that the rule bans any team making their league final weekend. Maybe I'm wrong about that, and maybe it was changed - the rules for this tournament aren't as "finite" as the rules for the other one
          Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
          Clarkson 1990

Comment

If the brackets stay the same, I would think we'd "advance" vs. Army.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              If the brackets stay the same, I would think we'd "advance" vs. Army.
              Ever the optimist

Comment

Ever the optimist
                The last time we beat our former travel partners, I was at the 'tute.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  The last time we beat our former travel partners, I was at the 'tute.
                  I don't think that Army ever was RPI's travel partner. As I recall after the HEA broke off, RPI was UVM's travel partner and Army was Princeton's. When Union replaced Army, Union became out travel partner.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Eager to see FARTS after this weekend. Any moves in the rankings, or is the field all but confirmed?
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

FARTS following March 15 games:

1. AIC
                      2. Niagara
                      3. Army
                      4. Princeton
                      5. Wisconsin
                      6. Holy Cross
                      7. Air Force
                      8. Sacred Heart
                      9. Lake Superior
                      10. Alabama-Huntsville
                      11. Alaska-Anchorage
                      12. Colorado College
                      13. Bentley
                      14. Brown
                      15. Mercyhurst
                      16. RIT
                      17. Rensselaer
                      18. Clarkson
                      19. Massachusetts
                      20. Canisius
                      21. Connecticut
                      22. Maine

BFB grants auto-bids to the last place teams in each conference: Anchorage, Colorado College, U Mass, Princeton, Wisconsin and Niagara.

Abiding to the long accepted "Atlantic Hockey Rule", teams with a losing percentage below .500 are eliminated from tournament consideration. RIT, Canisius, Bentley and Mercyhurst are, hereby ineligible.

Here are your BFB participants...assuming the season ended today (and for most of these teams, it HAS ended)

1. AIC (1)
                      2. Niagara (2)
                      3. Army (3)
                      4. Princeton (4)
                      5. Wisconsin (6)
                      6. Holy Cross (5)
                      7. Air Force (9)
                      8. Sacred Heart (7)
                      9. Lake Superior (8)
                      10. Alabama-Huntsville (10)
                      11. Alaska-Anchorage (11)
                      12. Colorado College (13)
                      13. Brown (12)
                      14. Rensselaer (14)
                      15. Clarkson (15)
                      16. Massachusetts (16)
                      Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

The BFB Bracketology Wiz-Kids, Bryce Master and Simon Bates, have been running multiple scenarios through their Commodore64 for the past sixteen hours in attempts to bring the BFB bracket more clearly into focus.

The Master-Bates team has come to the following conclusions:

1. Wisconsin could miss the BFB if the Badgers win the B1G tournament and the resulting auto-bid to that other tournament.
                        2. Due to an inferior WOS, Rensselaer could fall out with the right combination of wins from their NC opponents (Minnesota, Michigan, Miami and Denver).
                        3. None of the 3 BFB contenders still alive in the Atlantic tourney (Canisius, RIT and Mercyhurst) can possibly lose their way back in to BFB eligibility.
                        4. If Wisconsin should drop out, the B1G auto-bid would be awarded to Ohio State.
                        5. If Rensselaer should drop out, the numbers seem to favor Connecticut over Maine by a VERY slight margin.

Comment

I'll cheer on Air Force. IF the location are ever announced. is that part of the tournament this year - to keep attendance down - locations won't be announced until after the games are played?
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

The site selection committee has been out on inspection tour for nearly a month, and we have had no contact from them for nearly three weeks. Last we heard they were in Scranton PA boarding a Greyhound bus for bound for Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                              The site selection committee has been out on inspection tour for nearly a month, and we have had no contact from them for nearly three weeks. Last we heard they were in Scranton PA boarding a Greyhound bus for bound for Boston.
                              I still like the idea of a game in Copper Harbor. If it's unreachable and no one will attend, it's perfect for the BFB.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                                I still like the idea of a game in Copper Harbor. If it's unreachable and no one will attend, it's perfect for the BFB.
                                Plus as it warms up, the ice will be awful. Ideal, however, for this event.

Comment

Working...
                                X