Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California - The State of (Pro) Hockey - does that impact College hockey out west?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: California - The State of (Pro) Hockey - does that impact College hockey out west

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    whole state has like 40 odd ice sheets.. that is another issue.. accessability to facilities. these teams moving out west will def help with the increase in facilities, fan base, interest as a whole.. which in term will tie into.. if you build it.. they will (might?) come. My personal opinion is California & hockey have a great future ahead.
    Have they even seen ice on the ground out there?

Comment

Re: California - The State of (Pro) Hockey - does that impact College hockey out west

U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
        Of course its a ridiculous premise. It was intended to be. That's why I said all the Minnesotans' heads would pop off. Which yours apparently has. Which shows how bent you got, which is funny. You got so upset you missed the entire point of the thread, which was about college hockey out west, which reinforces your bent-ed-ness, which is also funny. Relax, just poking a little fun. San Tropez was so right on his post!
        The rest of your post was just as stupid. Hmm... let's see. The Kings have been around for almost 50 years. The Sharks have been around for 25 and the Ducks for 20. How many college teams you have now? Zero. A couple of AHL teams is gonna change that? Really?
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
          I am a native Californian who was introduced to hockey 3 years when I started attending Quinnipiac. While it is great news that these teams are heading west we must remember there have been teams in Bakersfield and Stockton for some time now and it hasnt moved the needle much. Growing up in California I never once watched an NHL game on TV. The problem is there are almost no kids playing ice hockey. For the game to grow significantly in the state, I believe it will have to come from the bottom up. The Kings can win the Cup every two years but until there are a good amount of kids playing the sport the needle wont move much IMO

6th highest USA Hockey registration in US. More than 30,000 players and that's just kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            The rest of your post was just as stupid. Hmm... let's see. The Kings have been around for almost 50 years. The Sharks have been around for 25 and the Ducks for 20. How many college teams you have now? Zero. A couple of AHL teams is gonna change that? Really?
            Exactly. That was the question. Will they have any impact? Apparently you say no although I shouldn't have to impute your answer from your rant.

Comment

Its less we're here to debate Cali's status and more we like to discuss Minnesota hockey.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                Its less we're here to debate Cali's status and more we like to discuss Minnesota hockey.
                tArrogance at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  Who's in jail this week in minnesota?
                  Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                    6th highest USA Hockey registration in US. More than 30,000 players and that's just kids.
                    I understand that it might be 6th highest but thats out of around 7 million kids that could play. Thats nothing
                    Quinnipiac University '15
                    ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                    ECAC Championship: 2016
                    NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                    NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                    Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

The nearest year round rink from my house is over 3 hours away. That is the problem which northeastern was getting at. You have to have more year round hockey or you will lose kids out to basketball, baseball, football, soccer, and even lacrosse. I think there is so much potential but it will be a steep slope for the near future
                      Quinnipiac University '15
                      ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                      ECAC Championship: 2016
                      NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                      NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                      Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Working...
                      X