Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin: 1/30 & 1/31

When is Lucia getting fired?!

Although I doubt there is a better option available to replace him.

Nevermind.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Although I doubt there is a better option available to replace him.
      Dr. Phil?
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        Isn't it always worthwhile to get the better of a rival? That feeling is a very different one than thinking that the entire season is a success, but it's at least a bright spot regardless of records.

I mean, I don't want to put words in Tim's mouth but I'm pretty sure that no one is ever going to consider our season anything but a complete disaster regardless of how the rest of the season plays out. But at the same time, anyone who says that they won't be at least a little pleased to see Minny's Schadenfreude On Ice is just fooling themselves.
        For the record, if UW wins the B6 tourney and wins the ncaa title, the season would only be a mild disaster from an on ice standpoint, but it would still be a complete disaster from the coaching standpoint because Eaves would have saved his job.

What I was getting at, and apparently used the poorest choice of words, is that it I personally would get a lot of smiles on my face if UW gets some points this weekend and a few more rodent fans jump off the ledge. Let's try that.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          For the record, if UW wins the B6 tourney and wins the ncaa title, the season would only be a mild disaster from an on ice standpoint, but it would still be a complete disaster from the coaching standpoint because Eaves would have saved his job.

What I was getting at, and apparently used the poorest choice of words, is that it I personally would get a lot of smiles on my face if UW gets some points this weekend and a few more rodent fans jump off the ledge. Let's try that.

Obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Tried to jump of the ledge last week.

It's still jammed with Packer fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              By any way you want to measure it, as long as the bus doesn't break down on the way, the gofers should murder Bucky this weekend.
              Don't worry. If the bus breaks down, I'll personally drive the team to Madison. I have a 3rd row seat!
              I HATE RED!

I always seem to choose my hand over extremely hot women.
              -BuckyforPrez (2/28/2005)

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                Tried to jump of the ledge last week.

It's still jammed with Packer fans.

Nah... we're good.

Having a recent title (along with multiple titles historically) allows one to roll with the punches.

In addition, unlike other teams' fans who are stepping out there, we'll be right back in the middle of the hunt next season and the season after that and the season after that and the...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Nah... we're good.

Having a recent title (along with multiple titles historically) allows one to roll with the punches.

In addition, unlike other teams' fans who are stepping out there, we'll be right back in the middle of the hunt next season and the season after that and the season after that and the...
                  Keep telling yourself that. But IMHO the bigger concern would be Barry folding the team since he doesn't seem to care anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                    Keep telling yourself that. But IMHO the bigger concern would be Barry folding the team since he doesn't seem to care anyways.

In terms of next year (actually, that whole post), I meant the Packers.

I have no idea if the Badgers will ever win another game, let alone contend for a title.
                    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 01-28-2015, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      In terms of next year (actually, that whole post), I meant the Packers.

I have no idea if the Badgers will ever win another game, let alone contend for a title.
                      My comment stands

Comment

When you consider the time and money it takes to keep ice and change the floor of the KC back and forth, this seems like the best idea all around.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

My comment stands
                          The comment...

I know you guys think that Barry has unlimited power over here, but I'm pretty sure that he can't "fold" the Packers.

Comment

The Gophers can get busy living or dying this weekend.

Comment

Weekend notes from Gophersports

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...012815aaa.html

The Gopher Hockey program returns to Big Ten Conference action this weekend in Madison for the third and fourth games of this year’s Border Battle with Wisconsin. Minnesota (11-9-2 overall, 2-2-2-0 Big Ten) and Wisconsin (2-15-3, 0-5-1-1) open up the series at 8:10 p.m. CT on Friday, Jan. 30 (BTN, BTN2Go, 1500 ESPN, Gopher Radio Network) with the series finale set for 7:10 p.m. CT on Saturday, Jan. 31 (BTN, BTN2Go, My Talk 107.1, Gopher Radio Network). Both games in the Border Battle series will be played at the Kohl Center in Madison.
                              Originally posted by CavalryNate
                              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                              sigpic

Comment

How does it feel playing a rivalry series so close to the last one? Oddity in Bi6 scheduling
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X