No announcement yet.

North Dakota at UNO - 1-30/1-31 - The biggest series in UNO program history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota at UNO - 1-30/1-31 - The biggest series in UNO program history

It really is a treat to have this series on the schedule and to have the UNO fans so jacked up. College hockey at its best.

Comment

• Re: North Dakota at UNO - 1-30/1-31 - The biggest series in UNO program history

Originally posted by burd View Post
      It really is a treat to have this series on the schedule and to have the UNO fans so jacked up. College hockey at its best.
      Not sure if that was sarcastic or not...but the Century Link Center is going to be rocking tonight. Can't wait!
      If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

• Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
        Not sure if that was sarcastic or not...but the Century Link Center is going to be rocking tonight. Can't wait!
        God I hope Peterson's dad had his rig pulled over and was watching when his boy scored.
        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

• The refs gift wrapped that victory to the Mavs in OT. Ortega over embellished that cross check. Should've been sent to the box along with MacMillan. 5x3 in OT...ha

Other than that crap, very entertaining game.

Comment

Sounds to me like someone is whining. Dude got tanked from behind. Give me a break. And North Dakota did not benefit from a crap call that gave them their second goal? Whatever.

It was a very entertaining game for sure.

Comment

Sounds to me like someone is whining. Dude got tanked from behind. Give me a break. And North Dakota did not benefit from a crap call that gave them their second goal? Whatever.

It was a very entertaining game for sure.
              Who said he didn't get cross checked? Ortega oversold it to make sure the call would be made. That's textbook embellishment. There is no doubt MacMillan deserved to go to the box.

Either way, MacMillan made a bone headed move. The game tomorrow is going to be pretty electric.

Comment

I'm not sure if he had a choice at that point, Ortega was setting up shop upfront. But you are right, not a smart penalty to take at that point being down a man. I agree. I imagine there will be at least 12,000 tomorrow maybe 13,000.

Comment

And you could tell there were a lot of casual hockey fans there. The place only got rocking when prompted by the scoreboard. You would think with three minutes left in the game being up one it would have been louder.

Comment

And you could tell there were a lot of casual hockey fans there. The place only got rocking when prompted by the scoreboard. You would think with three minutes left in the game being up one it would have been louder.
                    I look forward to going to a series in Omaha when the new rink is opened. Looked like a pretty good turnout on TV. Very noticeable when they'd do the UNO chant.

Looks like it'd be a very fun atmosphere.

Comment

Very entertaining game. Too bad a great comeback by UND went for nought due to a couple of untimely penalties. Wow, is it going to be great to have Stecher back once he's back to full speed. Just a different element back there for us.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Very entertaining game. Too bad a great comeback by UND went for nought due to a couple of untimely penalties. Wow, is it going to be great to have Stecher back once he's back to full speed. Just a different element back there for us.
                        What was the injury? Don't follow UND so am unaware.
                        Last edited by gomavs#1; 01-31-2015, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Out 8 weeks with severely injured ankle.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            Out 8 weeks with severely injured ankle.
                            Glad he's back...hopefully he gets to full speed quickly. Tonight's game will be a battle - one of our top defensemen (and captain), Brian O'Rourke returns after his suspension. Hoping the refs swallow their whistles a little more tonight. I don't think there was but maybe six minutes of 5 on 5 in the third period last night. And the linesmen were brutal as well.

Comment

And of course, in the only fashion that this series can end, there is projected blizzard conditions Sunday morning for those Sioux fans going back home. Be safe UND folks - maybe chartering that flight wasn't such a bad idea after all.

I figured with a Saturday game that there would be an increase in UND attendance for tonight's game. Wondering with the projected weather issues if that will leave some UND fans in Grand Forks?

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
                                Glad he's back...hopefully he gets to full speed quickly. Tonight's game will be a battle - one of our top defensemen (and captain), Brian O'Rourke returns after his suspension. Hoping the refs swallow their whistles a little more tonight. I don't think there was but maybe six minutes of 5 on 5 in the third period last night. And the linesmen were brutal as well.
                                Hopefully it is another good game. Last night's game had a tournament feel to it, and that is always a good thing for both squads. As for the officiating...I didn't see anything that was grossly unfair to either side. Certainly some calls could have been made that weren't, and the refs could have let some other stuff go. IMO, probably a wash, and the result was probably correct. I thought North Dakota outplayed Omaha for significant chunks of the game, but I thought Massa outplayed McIntyre. When that happens, and as often happens in the NCAA Tournament, the team with the better goalie wins.

North Dakota will come out strong tonight, and the Mavericks will likely have to play significantly better to get the W. Of course, if Omaha wins tonight, they will essentially clinch the Penrose...barring an epic meltdown in the final 8 games. Even if the Sioux win, UNO will still have the edge from a schedule standpoint (playing the bottom 4 teams, including series against Western and CC at home), to go along with what would be a 1 point edge. Either way, both of these teams have the ability to do some damage in the NCAA Tournament, and it will be fun watching how the next couple months unfold.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X