This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
    UNH doesn't exactly have the best post season track record and their coach is still Dick Umile last time I checked.

Also, given how quickly Quinn has turned the program around, can we now all admit that a coaching change was long, long overdue? 'scuse me while I pat myself on the back now.
    Let's see how Quinn coaches next year likely without number 9. I was ready for a coaching change too, but when you have the best player in the country your team is bound to be good. The team is losing 7 and 17, and could easily lose 9, 2, 10, 5, 29, and heck even 19. If all that happens and they still have 20 wins next year then we know we have a heckuva coach.

Comment

• Re: BU Season Thread II: The Resurgence

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      UNH doesn't exactly have the best post season track record and their coach is still Dick Umile last time I checked.

Also, given how quickly Quinn has turned the program around, can we now all admit that a coaching change was long, long overdue? 'scuse me while I pat myself on the back now.
      Originally posted by kbz View Post
      Let's see how Quinn coaches next year likely without number 9. I was ready for a coaching change too, but when you have the best player in the country your team is bound to be good. The team is losing 7 and 17, and could easily lose 9, 2, 10, 5, 29, and heck even 19. If all that happens and they still have 20 wins next year then we know we have a heckuva coach.
      kbz is absolutely right... it shouldn't be hard to have a good season when you have by far the best player in the league on your team. Without #9 we are likely on the bubble, but on the outside looking in at the NCAA cutoff. Quinn gets an piece of the credit for this years success (just as he gets a slice of the blame for last years debacle).

I like Quinny, I think he will be great, but the jury is still out.

It sure seems like we lose 2 and 29 next season. 2, 10, 5 and 19? I'm not so sure about that... certainly hope not.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
        Not to be an alarmist (and I know it's only Sunday), but now they're saying "wintry mix" Friday night with temps around 20. Not fun for those of us who have to drive in (and then back to the "Worcester hills")
        OMG - I watched the news tonight and saw this. Crap on toast. Another reason why playing late sucks.

ETA - and wait....Ahti might leave? I've heard mention of all the others but never him.

Comment

Watching Caps/Sabres (not sure why) on NBCSN, McDavid/Eichzilla graphic pops up because Buffalo, Eichzilla plays for BC Terriers. ****ers.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            kbz is absolutely right... it shouldn't be hard to have a good season when you have by far the best player in the league on your team. Without #9 we are likely on the bubble, but on the outside looking in at the NCAA cutoff. Quinn gets an piece of the credit for this years success (just as he gets a slice of the blame for last years debacle).

Don't agree. Last year's team was the worst in decades. Which is a hang over from last 3-4 years of bad Parker. Quinn gets a total pass for last year. This team is more than Eichel. Look at the recruiting to see how good Quinn really is. This team is loaded and is the youngest team in country. Even if they lose Eichel (and it is rumored he WONT go), this team is set for the next few years. Look at the D this year - how many freshman back there and look how they are playing now? How many all american d-men when he was here under Parker?

Quinn should have been the coach after 2009.

Comment

Thought much more was expected from your other freshmen forwards, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                ETA - and wait....Ahti might leave? I've heard mention of all the others but never him.
                Dear, did you not listen to Mookie's conversation Friday night
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Rumored eichel won't go, eh? Who started that one, agganis?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Thought much more was expected from your other freshmen forwards, no?
                    They'll be fine

Comment

Well that settles that!

Comment

Chances of leaving-

Jrs
                        5 - 60%
                        10 - 15%
                        29 - 100%
                        2 - 65%
                        Frs
                        4 - 50%
                        9 - 99% (so mookie's sayin' we got a chance)

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

I'm sorry but I totally disagree. Yes, they wouldn't be flirting with a #1 ranking without Eichel. But O'Regan, Rodrigues, Oksansen, Baillergeon, Gretzky, O'Connor is not a bubble team. Furthermore the freshman D have come along a lot faster than we expected and Eichel doesn't have much to do with that.

Quinn's implementation of a much more aggressive offensive style is paying huge dividends, and moving Oksanen to forward of course.

Next year, I'm hoping if we do suffer more non-Eichel departures (O'Regan, etc) that Quinn has the flexibility that Jerry York has always shown at BC. If he's got top level offensive talent, crash the net. If his better players are on D and in goal, lock it down. BU has plenty of talent and Quinn has shown to be a good recruiter over a sustained period of time.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Eichel
                            grizzlick
                            o'regan
                            o'connor
                            oksanen

Not saying all will leave but wouldn't be surprised by any. We're talking guys having played 3 years and one phenom.

Comment

Had to look up who #4 was. I would say there is a 1% chance he leaves unless mookie knows he doesn't like being a student or something

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                I'm sorry but I totally disagree. Yes, they wouldn't be flirting with a #1 ranking without Eichel. But O'Regan, Rodrigues, Oksansen, Baillergeon, Gretzky, O'Connor is not a bubble team. Furthermore the freshman D have come along a lot faster than we expected and Eichel doesn't have much to do with that.

Quinn's implementation of a much more aggressive offensive style is paying huge dividends, and moving Oksanen to forward of course.

Next year, I'm hoping if we do suffer more non-Eichel departures (O'Regan, etc) that Quinn has the flexibility that Jerry York has always shown at BC. If he's got top level offensive talent, crash the net. If his better players are on D and in goal, lock it down. BU has plenty of talent and Quinn has shown to be a good recruiter over a sustained period of time.
                                Hmm... last year O'Regan, Rodrigues, Oksansen, Baillergeon, Gretzky, O'Connor was a 10 win team. Admittedly we upgraded elsewhere as well in addition to Eichel.

Is it fair to say without Eichel we have maybe 4 more losses? If so, where does that put us? 19-11-5. Right about where UMass Lowell is, or about like BU 2012/2013... a bubble team who is on the outside looking in.

I think Quinn has done a nice job. I think he will be great in the long run, but I agree more with KMZ on this one.
                                Last edited by ericredaxe; 03-16-2015, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X