This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Season Thread II: The Resurgence

Quite possible only BU and BC get into the NCAAs from Hockey East.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
      This is not that round, but speaking of ECAC, the most exciting night I've ever seen was the 1977 ECAC semi-finals at the old garden. UNH beat Cornell in 2OT, 10-9. Then, in the second game, we were trailing Clarkson (and Dave Taylor) by two and scored three in the last five minutes to win, 7-6. The place was nuts, and for those of you who never had the experience of the old Garden, three times as loud as TD has ever been...
      Agreed that' weekend was wild with BU putting up 15 goals . Silkys slapper from blue line beat Clatkson and 4th liner Johnnie Melanson scoring a big goal in the 8-6 final. Some legit offensive talent on the ice that weekend. Dave Taylor Bill Blackwood Lance Nethery Ralph Cox Dave Lumley Rod Langway Rick Meagher Eurizione Dick Lamby and Silk

Comment

Cats, Cats, Hawks, and Dogs. **** NESN, I want the 5pm game.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
          Quite possible only BU and BC get into the NCAAs from Hockey East.
          The Igles need to root for BU to win HE, to solidify their bid. I think their in and expect a run to the FF. It's all part of the plan.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
            Agreed that' weekend was wild with BU putting up 15 goals . Silkys slapper from blue line beat Clatkson and 4th liner Johnnie Melanson scoring a big goal in the 8-6 final. Some legit offensive talent on the ice that weekend. Dave Taylor Bill Blackwood Lance Nethery Ralph Cox Dave Lumley Rod Langway Rick Meagher Eurizione Dick Lamby and Silk
            when mookie was a young'un growing up and the old norris division had wide geographic reaches, mookie loved when the kings came to town in those great yellow & blue unis and taylor skated with marcel dionne & charlie simmer. man what good hockey that was (though the pens always got smoked).
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              Cats, Cats, Hawks, and Dogs. **** NESN, I want the 5pm game.
              sorry, but no way in hell nesn puts uvm-umlolol on prime time 8p

Comment

ScottK on the Lowell thread says we have the late game. NOT FAIR!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  sorry, but no way in hell nesn puts uvm-umlolol on prime time 8p
                  But you'll get to see Jasmine x 2 Friday night, plus she's doing the Frozen Four too.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                    But you'll get to see Jasmine x 2 Friday night, plus she's doing the Frozen Four too.
                    oh i'm not sad at that

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Yeah, but I can enjoy the first game this way. I hate it when we lose the first game and then I have to stay for the next one (not that we will lose...just saying it's more fun if we play second). Plus, I won't have to leave work as early.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        you can't expect nesn to sport a woody over uvm-umlolol having the 8p'er

Comment

Selfishly I want BU to have the late game. I have a work function I have to go to Friday night and I will try to make the game afterwards. The first game going at least 1 OT wouldn't hurt either!

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            Yeah, but I can enjoy the first game this way. I hate it when we lose the first game and then I have to stay for the next one (not that we will lose...just saying it's more fun if we play second). Plus, I won't have to leave work as early.
                            Why would you have to stay for the second game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                              Selfishly I want BU to have the late game. I have a work function I have to go to Friday night and I will try to make the game afterwards. The first game going at least 1 OT wouldn't hurt either!
                              So you don't remember the UNH/UMass game going to 3 OTs and BU's game not starting till after 10pm one year? I do. It sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                                Selfishly I want Lowell to have the late game as I have something Friday afternoon into early evening that will prevent me from getting to the 5:00 game. Oh well, hopefully BU will be knocked off their routine and be slightly less rested if they get to Saturday night and Lowell does too!
                                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Working...
                                X