THE 2015 BEANPOT.. ain't no deflate-gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THE 2015 BEANPOT.. ain't no deflate-gate

[QUOTE=brassbonanza;6107891]I don't remember much of the play where the call occurred, only that the BU forward had gotten a step around the NU defender and it looked like there was some kind of stick contact. Whether it's a penalty, I don't know, I haven't seen a replay. I don't really buy the it's a call in OT but not regulation stuff, but you're 100% right that this type of play (from what I remember of it) was NOT established through the game as a call. Cameron Voss is a disgrace to officiating, he's absolutely terrible. Up there with Conrad Hache for the worst officials I've ever seen. Voss should've been nowhere near this game.
    QUOTE]

There is a story making the rounds that bu is considering awarding Cameron Voss an honorary B.S. degree from Metropolitan College. Who would believe such a vicious rumor - no matter how well deserved?

Comment

We all have our 'favorites'. The overall point being made is the quality of the officiating is just plain bad. Some nights I laugh more than I get angry as a call or two may go my team's way. Doesn't change the fact that these guys seem to intentionally or not be THE story far too often.
      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Voss is just objectively terrible. Even the statistics agree. http://baystateroadsports.blogspot.c...-east-ref.html

Comment

I would love to see the post-Beanpot update to that blog post when/if it comes out.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
            I would love to see the post-Beanpot update to that blog post when/if it comes out.
            He updates it rather frequently. Those statistics are game changing.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
              Voss is just objectively terrible. Even the statistics agree. http://baystateroadsports.blogspot.c...-east-ref.html
              I saw a statement from the Hockey East ref supervisor that he believes that Voss will be an NHL ref in the near future. The PC-Colgate game that he officiated this year had to have ten penalties in the second period alone. It was tough to watch.
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                We all have our 'favorites'. The overall point being made is the quality of the officiating is just plain bad. Some nights I laugh more than I get angry as a call or two may go my team's way. Doesn't change the fact that these guys seem to intentionally or not be THE story far too often.
                I'm feeling a reality show coming on. Officiating Idol? Reffing with the Stars? Wait I've got it...Road Rules.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                  Annnndd now...

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new..._suspended.php
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Big deal! That will sure teach him to be meek.

Apparently, the refs can do no wrong. Voss should be suspended (without pay) for "incitement" until 2018 and certainly should not ref any playoff games.. Assessing the penalties on Madigan after the game was an example of a ref exercising his "power" to rub salt in a coach's wounds.

What are the odds of Voss being assigned to one of our games this weekend? Wouldn't that add another level to the situation!

Comment

#FreeMadigan

#TossVoss
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                      X