Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THE 2015 BEANPOT.. ain't no deflate-gate

Why is there still a crease?
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      How bout the fact there was interference and a cross check (and half of Huntington Ave) in the crease on NU's 3rd goal. Just sayin'

Great hockey game. 2009 was a long time ago, glad to have the Pot back.
      well.. they didn't see need to call that.. so don't call the (weak) other.. let 'em play!
      ..and 1988 was a long time ago..
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

mookie was sitting in bc's section so didn't get a good look at the penalty call...... and he'll leave it at that

also worth noting....... again....... since the beanpot era began, no participating school has won a national championship without first capturing the beanpot
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Agree with that. When i first saw it i thought ok i can understand that. But on replay? Bad call
          Totally spot-on!

Yes, it was a hook. But calling it for something that was not called on earlier similar plays, and on a play that occurred away from the puck and had no bearing on the flow of play, was absolutely and totally inconsistent with the penalty standard that had been established to that point. A complete, total, and embarrassing black eye for the HEA officiating program, and on the big stage in front of a national TV audience at that. Both teams deserve better!
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Anybody criticizing the OT penalty which I admit may be up for some criticism has to possibly question the validity of NU's 3rd goal when NU #47 checked a Terrier into O'Connor. We see goal reviews all the time when we can't figure out why they are reviewing it, but a scrum in front of the goalie doesn't even get a look?

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
              Totally spot-on!

Yes, it was a hook. But calling it for something that was not called on earlier similar plays, and on a play that occurred away from the puck and had no bearing on the flow of play, was absolutely and totally inconsistent with the penalty standard that had been established to that point. A complete, total, and embarrassing black eye for the HEA officiating program, and on the big stage in front of a national TV audience at that. Both teams deserve better!
              Was it away from the puck? Thought it was on the guy who was trying to catch a pass in front of the net?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                How bout the fact there was interference and a cross check (and half of Huntington Ave) in the crease on NU's 3rd goal. Just sayin'

Great hockey game. 2009 was a long time ago, glad to have the Pot back.
                Yeah - just got home and watched the goals. Somerby got cross-checked into the goalie by the goal scorer on that 3rd NU goal. But that goal was after three, count them three consecutive missed opportunities to clear the puck.

I think the play in OT was a penalty, but I was definitely surprised that it was called. Frankly, it took away from my celebration, because I knew many would say it was a BS call that led to it (not unlike 1998, when Harvard didn't like the penalty call before Nick Gillis tipped Tom Poti's shot in OT - but that one was a clearer penalty with some guy draped all over Chris Drury). Although there is the fact that even BU only scores on 25% of their Power Plays, so NU needs to step up and kill the darn thing.

I love those throwbacks. Don't want to see them regularly, but I thought it was awesome that they wore them tonight.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Was it away from the puck?
                  Nope. Stick foul right in front of the net on a scoring chance. Should be called in regulation 100% of the time. Differing views on whether that should be called in OT.

Comment

I don't agree with calling things differently in OT just because a team doesn't want to win/lose on special teams, but if you're going to call something, it absolutely has to be something that you would call based on the game you established for the first three periods. And that's the part that I don't think happened on an iffy call in a game where a lot of potential whistles were kept in their pockets. Especially on the very first play of the period.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                      I don't agree with calling things differently in OT just because a team doesn't want to win/lose on special teams, but if you're going to call something, it absolutely has to be something that you would call based on the game you established for the first three periods. And that's the part that I don't think happened on an iffy call in a game where a lot of potential whistles were kept in their pockets. Especially on the very first play of the period.
                      +1,000
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

The call in overtime was weak, especially when they let a lot of things go in regulation. That said, Clay should have had a wrist shot from the point with no bu traffic in front.

Why was Cameron Voss involved in any way with this game?
                        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                          The call in overtime was weak, especially when they let a lot of things go in regulation. That said, Clay should have had a wrist shot from the point with no bu traffic in front.

Why was Cameron Voss involved in any way with this game?
                          I don't remember much of the play where the call occurred, only that the BU forward had gotten a step around the NU defender and it looked like there was some kind of stick contact. Whether it's a penalty, I don't know, I haven't seen a replay. I don't really buy the it's a call in OT but not regulation stuff, but you're 100% right that this type of play (from what I remember of it) was NOT established through the game as a call. Cameron Voss is a disgrace to officiating, he's absolutely terrible. Up there with Conrad Hache for the worst officials I've ever seen. Voss should've been nowhere near this game.

That said, how in the world is that not a crease violation on NU's third goal?
                          Last edited by brassbonanza; 02-24-2015, 01:40 AM.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            Looks like someone will have to go out on a stretcher to get a call in this one.
                            Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                            Well this post sure is amusing in hindsight.
                            I made that post after the Smatzula breakaway attempt in the first period. He was hooked (slightly) and then cross checked from behind which sent him down. He went head first into the boards hard. The ref never even flinched. I was shocked there was no call, especially it being a scoring chance.

Then again, I follow BC, so I'm a bit cynical... refs would have found a way to send three Eagles to the box on that play.

I have no opinion on the rest of the game... I fell asleep.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post

me too, woke up for the start of OT, wish the melatonin had worked a little better

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post

Old people....

Comment

Working...
                                X