X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ibanezist00
    replied
    Re: RPI vs. Union (Mayor's Cup) Saturday, 1/24/2015

Well, that just happened. Moving onwards in our ECAC schedule...

Leave a comment:

• ADK11
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Seriously. I would love to watch RPI-TV film RPI skating Herbies after giving up that eight-spot tonight.
    Fixed your post

Leave a comment:

• Rainman
    replied

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    I don't know about Union's academic calendar
    Union is on a trimester system, and their first trimester ends right before Thanksgiving. Their students have final exams the weekend before Thanksgiving, which is why Union and RPI never play any league games that weekend. They also get the entire month of December off, so I'd assume their classes started back on January 5. I was at the Colgate/Union game last Saturday, and I saw what looked like a student section (oddly, in the end where Union defends twice).

Leave a comment:

• Waite21
    replied

I don't know about Union's academic calendar, but I know RPI's students don't resume classes until next Monday. If the home-and-home series were held this weekend, most of the students would not yet have returned to campus.

A home-and-home series against a big rival loses something if only a limited number of students are around to attend the games.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
    Never liked the home & home weekend. But it makes more sense to have it this weekend instead at the start of the league season.
    But RPI swept Union, so it can't all be bad.

Leave a comment:

• RPI fan 4 life
    replied
    Originally posted by aweise View Post
    I'd have to agree. I'm not sure why they put this game in late January (perhaps to draw more attention to it?), but it would seem to be a better idea to have the league home & home weekend now - makes things more intense as the stretch run begins.
    Never liked the home & home weekend. But it makes more sense to have it this weekend instead at the start of the league season.

Leave a comment:

• aweise
    replied

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    I don't like playing this game at this time of year, as it means nothing, but the teams are not going to play it that way.
    That means that they will go all out and put themselves in a position to get hurt just because they don't like each other.
    That is not to say that they shouldn't play hard, but it is an exhibition game and means nothing. And it comes at a time when we would really like to be playing league games.
    The only way this becomes a good situation is if we win and come out of the game healthy.
    I would love to see Diebold start this game, and save Kasdorf for games that count. JMO
    I'd have to agree. I'm not sure why they put this game in late January (perhaps to draw more attention to it?), but it would seem to be a better idea to have the league home & home weekend now - makes things more intense as the stretch run begins.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    Bennett wasn't a dick for once
    Seriously. I would have loved to watch RPI-TV film the Union team skating Herbies after giving up that six-spot earlier in the season.

Leave a comment:

• AspyDad
    replied

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    +1 Favorite comment of all time.

Leave a comment:

• rvd5star69
    replied
    Roger Wyland and Ken Schott blabbing about this one with Mongo. RPI was practicing during the show, so Haskell wasn't on. http://www.foxsports980.com/onair/ro...aily-13176895/

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Roger Wyland and Ken Schott blabbing about this one with Mongo. RPI was practicing during the show, so Haskell wasn't on. http://www.foxsports980.com/onair/ro...aily-13176895/
    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-22-2015, 11:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Press conference was today. Here's RPI's take: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InmD0_JQjTs

Leave a comment:

• Rainman
    replied

We haven't re-scheduled that many times. Last year's reschedule for the Mayor's Cup was not Beanpot related, as even a Dartmouth game was moved, which is never done for the Beanpot weekend. The last time I recall it happening was 2008-09 (although Union rescheduled in 12-13, as well as 11-12).
    Last year was odd in the fact that both RPI AND Union rescheduled their home games with Harvard and Dartmouth (respectively) in order to play this OOC game against each other, which ended with that infamous brawl. So Harvard had two of their league games rescheduled - their road game at RPI and their home game vs. Quinnipiac, with the latter game being the only Beanpot-related move. The second Beanpot weekend, the league gave them an open weekend, and they played a single game against Dartmouth, their travel partner.

First off, the reschedule happens in two weekends (first AND second Monday in February), not just one. Secondly, it's not just ten schools, as they could have that particular weekend as a potential home/home.
    This year, the league did NOT give Harvard an open weekend in February, and surprisingly, they did NOT reschedule their road game at Brown, so the Crimson will play 3 games in 4 days. Next year, the affected games for the Crimson are their home game vs. Quinnipiac and their road game at Yale. Time will tell if one or both games get rescheduled.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Dartmouth is Harvard's travel partner, so they can't be the one who has to reschedule. That leaves ten schools, i.e., it should average once every ten years. last in 2008-09 is more often than that.
    First off, the reschedule happens in two weekends (first AND second Monday in February), not just one. Secondly, it's not just ten schools, as they could have that particular weekend as a potential home/home.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

We haven't re-scheduled that many times. Last year's reschedule for the Mayor's Cup was not Beanpot related, as even a Dartmouth game was moved, which is never done for the Beanpot weekend. The last time I recall it happening was 2008-09 (although Union rescheduled in 12-13, as well as 11-12).
    Dartmouth is Harvard's travel partner, so they can't be the one who has to reschedule. That leaves ten schools, i.e., it should average once every ten years. last in 2008-09 is more often than that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X