• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI vs. Union (Mayor's Cup) Saturday, 1/24/2015

Discuss.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI vs. Union (Mayor's Cup) Saturday, 1/24/2015

Much as i hate to say it-could care less. Just get it over with and get out without losing anyone to an injury. i see the weekend as a possible momentum breaker for us.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Much as i hate to say it-could care less. Just get it over with and get out without losing anyone to an injury. i see the weekend as a possible momentum breaker for us.
      Good point. Just keep everyone away from the fists of death.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This is why I hate this game. Possible momentum killer for sure.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          True, but it didn't kill #26's momentum last year.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            Hockey is an odd sport. So different from the other major sports.(well a tad in common with football) Truly a team sport with everyone having to contribute since no one other than the goalies stays on the ice all game. Every line and every pairing on defense has to do their job for an intense 40 seconds or a minute. Sometimes you can get into a rhythm and everything is just smooth as silk. Other times it is an up and down herky jerky effort where every bounce goes wrong and every call goes against you. We are just starting to get on a roll, the fans feel it, and i am pretty sure the team feels it. To have this idiotic break coming up-well, I just am hoping it gets snowed out and does not get rescheduled.

Comment

I don't like playing this game at this time of year, as it means nothing, but the teams are not going to play it that way.
              That means that they will go all out and put themselves in a position to get hurt just because they don't like each other.
              That is not to say that they shouldn't play hard, but it is an exhibition game and means nothing. And it comes at a time when we would really like to be playing league games.
              The only way this becomes a good situation is if we win and come out of the game healthy.
              I would love to see Diebold start this game, and save Kasdorf for games that count. JMO
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

I hear Coach Appert has named "Iron" Mike Tyson as a volunteer coach for this game.
                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  I don't like playing this game at this time of year, as it means nothing, but the teams are not going to play it that way.
                  That means that they will go all out and put themselves in a position to get hurt just because they don't like each other.
                  That is not to say that they shouldn't play hard, but it is an exhibition game and means nothing. And it comes at a time when we would really like to be playing league games.
                  The only way this becomes a good situation is if we win and come out of the game healthy.
                  I would love to see Diebold start this game, and save Kasdorf for games that count. JMO
                  The problem with playing Diebold is it would mean Kasdorf would not play for two weeks and could lose his rhythm.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I imagine whichever refs work this game will be instructed to call the game very tightly. The ECAC will no doubt want to prevent a recurrence of last year's festivities.
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      The problem with playing Diebold is it would mean Kasdorf would not play for two weeks and could lose his rhythm.
                      Agreed, and then the following weekend I believe we have only one game because of the stupid Harvard scheduling for the BeanPot. This past weekend we were playing like one of the best teams in the league-exactly what our coach asked for. Now, one league game before February 6(a 20 day stretch) and that weekend in early February it is the always tough North Country trip. The only possible good side of that scenario is that at least we should be somewhat rested and perhaps have time to get Miller and Fulton back. But for me, everything else about this just does not fell good.

Comment

Agreed, and then the following weekend I believe we have only one game because of the stupid Harvard scheduling for the BeanPot. This past weekend we were playing like one of the best teams in the league-exactly what our coach asked for. Now, one league game before February 6(a 20 day stretch) and that weekend in early February it is the always tough North Country trip. The only possible good side of that scenario is that at least we should be somewhat rested and perhaps have time to get Miller and Fulton back. But for me, everything else about this just does not fell good.
                        I haven't kept track over the years, but it certainly seems that we have to reschedule more than our fair share of years for the Beanpot.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I haven't kept track over the years, but it certainly seems that we have to reschedule more than our fair share of years for the Beanpot.
                          We haven't re-scheduled that many times. Last year's reschedule for the Mayor's Cup was not Beanpot related, as even a Dartmouth game was moved, which is never done for the Beanpot weekend. The last time I recall it happening was 2008-09 (although Union rescheduled in 12-13, as well as 11-12).

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            We haven't re-scheduled that many times. Last year's reschedule for the Mayor's Cup was not Beanpot related, as even a Dartmouth game was moved, which is never done for the Beanpot weekend. The last time I recall it happening was 2008-09 (although Union rescheduled in 12-13, as well as 11-12).
                            Dartmouth is Harvard's travel partner, so they can't be the one who has to reschedule. That leaves ten schools, i.e., it should average once every ten years. last in 2008-09 is more often than that.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Dartmouth is Harvard's travel partner, so they can't be the one who has to reschedule. That leaves ten schools, i.e., it should average once every ten years. last in 2008-09 is more often than that.
                              First off, the reschedule happens in two weekends (first AND second Monday in February), not just one. Secondly, it's not just ten schools, as they could have that particular weekend as a potential home/home.

Comment

Working...
                              X