Minnesota hosts Wisconsin: 1/16 & 1/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rabid Gopher View Post
    You giving up on the Wild too? Come on man! They just destroyed Buffalo last night.....I don't see them losing again for at least another 12 hours.
    That's the spirit!
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Minnesota hosts Wisconsin: 1/16 & 1/17

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      No, your team still played collegiate-level hockey and displayed a competence at moving the puck around that players beyond bantams are capable of (which is more than I could say about the Badgers for almost all of those first 50 minutes). If it weren't for Rumpel standing on his head, you win that game by a landslide.

I mean for the love of God, I'm fairly certain that our basketball team couldn't concede as many unguarded shots that close to the net as our hockey team did in the first period. That Warning goal should never be allowed to happen.

Minnesota outclassed and outplayed us in every way for 50 minutes, and it's only by the skin of our teeth (and two absolutely lovely goals that completely belie the quality of the team that played the rest of the game) that we eked out a tie (or fake win, or whatever you call this).
      Oh, please. It's irrelevant if you don't win. You know that.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Oh, please. It's irrelevant if you don't win. You know that.
        Then you'll be happy to know that nothing anyone did was relevant, as nobody won this game.

But seriously: the rodents can play like that all year and still have a chance at the NCAAs. More than I can say about the Badgers (unless we can bottle what happened at the end of the game...).
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Then you'll be happy to know that nothing anyone did was relevant, as nobody won this game.

But seriously: the rodents can play like that all year and still have a chance at the NCAAs. More than I can say about the Badgers (unless we can bottle what happened at the end of the game...).
          20th in the PWR now. After they get destroyed next weekend by Mankato and UMD they will be so far out Math wise that they'll have to win the Big 10 tourney just to get in. Given what Michigan did to them they've got about a .5% shot at doing it.

But, we were sandbagging, remember?
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Oh yeah, my alma mater (current #1) is there! I have a reason to watch!
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

All I can say is here we go again...another frustrating effort by the Gophers tonight. Lucia rightly summed up the Gopher's exercise in futility, "This team for some reason cannot close out games. Rumpel was phenomenal for the BADgers in net, but we put a lot of shots into the goalies stomach and we are not hitting the corners". The Gophers fired 91 shots in the general direction of the net and the result was only 2 goals, but needed a puck luck double deflection on the 2nd. IMO this Gopher team is one of the worst shooting teams in recent memory with shades of the dark days of 2009 looming large overhead.

Grant Besse dominated the BADgers offensive play tonight with 6 impressive cannonading shots on Wilcox. The BADgers got on the scoreboard when the Gophers screwed up and got burned short on a line change that left Rockwood and Besse streaking down between the dots with Besse blasting a shot past Wilcox.

I have give credit to Coach Mike Eaves tonight who had his team prepared and ready for battle with a strategic game plan; and the BADgers were tenacious and executed it well from start to finish. Wisconsin players protected Rumpel and showed a lot guts laying out in front of some painfully wicked blasts from the point to block a ton of shots.

For the Gophers, their lack of shooting accuracy killed them again despite outshooting the BADgers, 49-20. With this futile performance and wins by BC, Denver and Michigan, the Gophers have now fallen from #1 three months ago to being cast out of contention for the NCAAs at 20th the PWR. Wheeee...it's 2009 all over again. Where's that Fire Lucia thread?
              Last edited by HarleyMC; 01-17-2015, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                Where's that Fire Lucia thread?
                The Gophers came out of the gate firing on all cylinders, but once again were shooting blanks. Complete domination in the first half of the game when they should have put it away, but just couldn't. When shot after shot after shot didn't go in, that feeling of "deja vu all over again" began to take hold and doubts, learned from past painful experience, slowly crept in...you just knew after all those failed attempts the tide would turn, and sure enough that's exactly what began to happen. While I put most of the blame for tonight's "loss" on the failure of the offense to score more than two goals, once again it was their penchant for committing self-inflicted wounds (i.e. total defensive breakdowns) that sealed their fate. This team simply does not know how to close out a low scoring contest. I hope tomorrow will be different, but my optimism is fading right along with this team's season.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Yeah, we were sandbagging. Just goes to show that Sconnie fans know a lot less about hockey than Minnesota fans. We don't sandbag.
                  You being pessimistic about the Gophers is hardly indicative of any hockey knowledge. It's just you being you.

Stop being such a *****.

You guys dominated that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    You being pessimistic about the Gophers is hardly indicative of any hockey knowledge. It's just you being you.

Stop being such a *****.

And we lost. "Dominate game, still lose" is a recurring story. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of the "hot goalie" or "bad puck luck." Me......a leader of tArrogance, is now cracking. That says something.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

[sigh]

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Yeah, we were sandbagging. Just goes to show that Sconnie fans know a lot less about hockey than Minnesota fans. We don't sandbag.
                        I think what happened was you put wet sand in the bags, then left them laying around and they froze, then when you went to stack them, well, you get all sorts of holes in your wall. I'd try and thaw the bags then re-stack.

It's pretty pathetic when UM and UW fans are arguing for the right to be worse than the other. I think both teams have staled up on their coaches, I propose and even swap of the entire staffs, Eaves' crew for tDon's. UM needs a guy to drill responsiblity into their heads and UW needs a guy to say F defense, go out and skate like the wind.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          Well naturally. They're trying to plug some holes.

I thought this deserved a bump in light of the shootout outcome.

I have no doubts as to what the results will be of the game tonight. NO doubt.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I have no doubts as to what the results will be of the game tonight. NO doubt.
                            Sadly, I have only a little doubt.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Stop being such a *****.

We lost. We dominated nothing.

We don't sandbag.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                We lost. We dominated nothing.

We don't sandbag.
                                *yawn*
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X