Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota hosts Wisconsin: 1/16 & 1/17

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Surprisingly, since after the Badgers title in '06, the Bucky v. Goldy series record for Wisconsin is: 5-6-3 in Minneapolis; 5-5-3 in Madison; 1-0 in Chicago. Overall it's 11-11-6.

Sort of close.
    Doesn't surprise me, the games and series always do seem to be pretty close to even.

Gophers better be ready.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Point?

In years where we enter the series 2-12-2, we are 0-0-0 at all locales.

Well that's a perfect record!

Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 01-13-2015, 11:53 AM.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I hope there aren't any impending floods anywhere in North America because every sandbag in North America is located in Rodentsota right now.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          I hope there aren't any impending floods anywhere in North America because every sandbag in North America is located in Rodentsota right now.
          Well naturally. They're trying to plug some holes.

Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            Well naturally. They're trying to plug some holes.

If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Gopher Bucky preview from Gophersports

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...011415aaa.html

The No. 13/16 Gopher Hockey program continues the 2014-15 campaign this weekend with the Border Battle as Big Ten rival Wisconsin visits Mariucci Arena for a pair of league games. Minnesota (10-7-1 overall, 1-2-1-0 Big Ten) and Wisconsin (2-12-2, 0-2-0-0) open the series at 8:10 p.m. CT on Friday, Jan. 16 (TV: BTN; Stream: BTN2Go; Radio: 1500 ESPN/Gopher Radio Network) before meeting again on Saturday, Jan. 17 at 5:05 p.m. CT (TV: FOX Sports North; Stream: BTN2Go; Radio: 1500 ESPN/Gopher Radio Network).

Hockey Day Minnesota 2015

Saturday’s series finale falls on Hockey Day Minnesota -- an annual event that showcases hockey on the high school, college and professional levels throughout the state of Minnesota. The Gophers, who have been part of all eight Hockey Day Minnesota events prior to this year, are 5-2-1 all-time on Hockey Day Minnesota and are unbeaten in their last four appearances (3-0-1). Saturday’s game against the Badgers marks the first time the two border rivals have played as part of the event.

Video with coach Don Lucia and a few players previewing the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcZs6KgQhys
                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                  Gophers better be ready.
                  they won't be.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    they won't be.
                    They might be ready to score the first goal of the game and then crap the bed from there...?
                    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      They might be ready to score the first goal of the game and then crap the bed from there...?
                      I'd have to check with Gurt. But I don't think Minnesota has ever scored first when facing a 2-12-2 Wisconsin team.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Get ready for the 0-0-5 forecheck from becky, bring on the boring hockey.

Will they even cross the offensive blueline?

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post

Only in the second period to make a line change.

Comment

Do we keep putting them on their 10% PP to try to open it up a little bit?

Comment

It seems like the typical Wisconsin-Minnesota series at Mariucci will see Rumpel playing out of his mind for one game yet having to settle for a tie and then the Badgers getting significantly outplayed in the other game and losing by 3-4 goals.

In the last couple of weeks, Wisconsin has played some of their best and worst hockey of the year. The Friday game against Tech was a complete disaster, but played a lot better the next two games (especially the first 57 minutes of the Friday BU game). Then they just get worked last Saturday after a respectable first period. So who knows what they'll roll out there this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post

I'd rest your sieves all weekend and just go without. Your first D back will be enough in front of the net. Oh.....wait......the rodent D don't actually play D too often, that may not work.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X