Minnesota hosts Wisconsin: 1/16 & 1/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota hosts Wisconsin: 1/16 & 1/17

How much do the UM payer hate Donny? I mean some of these guys (4 or 5 if the stories are true) gave up promising AHL careers to return to the Gophers this year. But I can't see any reason for their return except to get their coach fired. Having been a fan and watched games from the time Glen Sonmor was the coach I can clearly remember the Woog days as a time when MN would put in a solid 60 minutes of play every weekend or so. Those half-***ed efforts seemed to disappear when Lucia arrived but started seeping back a few years ago. This years team is something special and the only explanation I can come up for their play so far is they desperately want to see their coach collecting unemployment.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
      How much do the UM payer hate Donny? I mean some of these guys (4 or 5 if the stories are true) gave up promising AHL careers to return to the Gophers this year. But I can't see any reason for their return except to get their coach fired. Having been a fan and watched games from the time Glen Sonmor was the coach I can clearly remember the Woog days as a time when MN would put in a solid 60 minutes of play every weekend or so. Those half-***ed efforts seemed to disappear when Lucia arrived but started seeping back a few years ago. This years team is something special and the only explanation I can come up for their play so far is they desperately want to see their coach collecting unemployment.
      See response to exact same post in MN season thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I think both teams have staled up on their coaches, I propose and even swap of the entire staffs, Eaves' crew for tDon's. UM needs a guy to drill responsiblity into their heads and UW needs a guy to say F defense, go out and skate like the wind.
        Nice try. Not in a million years. I don't really have a list of names I would rather have than Lucia that would ever leave their current spot. And No one, I mean NO ONE, want Eaves or his brand of so-called hockey in MN.

Comment

We tied, but whatever.

I know the sky is falling and all but they did dominate for 50 minutes tonight, wasn't like we didn't play hard, yeah I know big deal. I still hold out hope.
          Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

First part of my series prediction came through. Rumpel kept them in the game and Badgers had a nice last 10 minutes of the game to get the tie. Historically, it just feels like tonight the Gophers will cash in on many more of those opportunities they had last night. Predict 4-1 win for Minnesota.

Outside of Rumpel, Besse was easily the next best Badger on the ice. His non-goal off the pipe/crossbar was one of the sweeter moves I've seen from a Badger player in some time.

Fortunately, I stuck with the game. Almost turned the game off on multiple occasions. Figured once down 2-0 and having to kill almost 2 minutes of 5-on-3, it was going to get really ugly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
              We tied, but whatever.

I know the sky is falling and all but they did dominate for 50 minutes tonight, wasn't like we didn't play hard, yeah I know big deal. I still hold out hope.
              I had the unfortunate luck of getting the result spoiled for me after only watching the first. I sucked it up and watched the rest anyway eventually, and I am pleased that the domination continued. I am amending my comments from last night and still have hope they make the tournament as a low seed.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                I am amending my comments from last night and still have hope they make the tournament as a low seed.
                I'm with you on this.....unless they fail to win today, in which case making the tournament becomes very very difficult.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  I'm with you on this.....unless they fail to win today, in which case making the tournament becomes very very difficult.
                  Even if they win today, as it stands now in the PWR we're going to need some help to hit the field of 16 again. A win against the #1 Purple Cows in the NSCC next weekend could help us climb back in, but that is looking more ominous than ever now.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                    We tied, but whatever.

Dominated what? Eaves was giddy on the bench last night cause his team did exactly what they needed to do to win. Lucia was exasperated because his team did exactly what they needed to do to lose. Shots are meaningless. Possession is meaningless (as the Wild have figured out this year). You have to score and you have to defend. They did neither at the most important times of the game last night.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Are there unimportant times in games where you don't have to defend or score?
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        Are there unimportant times in games where you don't have to defend or score?
                        Apparently the Gophers thought so as soon as the 5 on 3 started last night.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

This thread is pure comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Dominated what? Eaves was giddy on the bench last night cause his team did exactly what they needed to do to win. Lucia was exasperated because his team did exactly what they needed to do to lose. Shots are meaningless. Possession is meaningless (as the Wild have figured out this year). You have to score and you have to defend. They did neither at the most important times of the game last night.
                            Agreed, puck possession time + SOG does not equal domination. Gopher hockey is puck possession on the perimeter and we normally see a lot of that. But if they can't bury the puck more than twice they're not going to dominate the game.

Comment

• I'm not here to talk anyone of the ledge. In fact, I'd love nothing more than to give you all a firm shove.

That said, check out these results from mid January to mid February of a Badger season not so long ago.

Denver 0-1 loss
                              Denver 2-4 loss
                              Minnesota 4-5 loss
                              Minnesota 1-3 loss
                              @ UMD 7-2 win
                              @ UMD 1-4 loss
                              tOSU 4-2 win
                              @ Tech 5-0 win
                              @ Tech 4-4 tie
                              @ Mankato 4-6 loss
                              @ Mankato 3-7 loss

3-7-1

Guess how that team finished...

Point is, teams go through ups and downs. Even championship teams will usually have lulls at some point in their season.

Maybe you win a title this year, maybe (hopefully) you don't. But none of you - even the Minnesota hockey experts who know hockey better than the rest of us - can look at your team right now and be sure that they won't.

R-E-L-A-X

You *******.

Comment

No part of Wisconsin's pathetic season is more embarrassing than what Wittchow did. What an idiot.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X