• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Michigan: 1/9 & 1/10

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    Ever heard of a DVR?

What is this witchcraft you speak of?

It is difficult to go to the bar after the game with my friends where I will get to see the last quarter of the football game and then go home to watch the beginning. /first world problems
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G
    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
    2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      What is this witchcraft you speak of?

It is difficult to go to the bar after the game with my friends where I will get to see the last quarter of the football game and then go home to watch the beginning. /first world problems
      If you sweet talk Koho you might be able to get him to copy his VHS recording and mail it to you.

Comment

Okay, here goes. I love it when we play Michigan. The Legg goal was both awe-inspiring and maddening. My mother HATED Michigan, and so must I , although I think that was based on football from the forties, fifties and sixties ( she died last year, so someone in the family needs to carry on the tradition ). I am not amazed that one would call themselves a fan of becky, I am just glad it's not I. The Gophers are not kickin'arse & taking names in as formidable way as I expected this year. Yost looks cold, and fun. I don't really hate Michigan, but I really love beating them. Red looks old. So do I, to teenagers. Outside of a point or anything interesting, did I miss anything?
        You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
          did I miss anything?
          Yeah. How about adding a John and Yoko quote to this giant hugfest.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            A thread dominated by a UMi and UW fan? How gouache.
            This thread is the only thing Michigan and Wisconsin have dominated this season.
            BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
              If you sweet talk Koho you might be able to get him to copy his VHS recording and mail it to you.
              I would need 2 working vhs machines to accomplish this though.

Comment

Whether because of injuries, illness or the WJC, Lucia and staff have been forced to shuffle players around for better part of this season thus far. Has this been the reason why the Gophers are not playing up to their talent level? Arguably a main factor has been the sub-par scoring performances by several key players (Ambroz, Boyd, Fasching, Cammarata). But generally speaking, an "attrition factor" involving key players can disrupt a team and confound their collective team chemistry and momentum.

With defenseman Brady Skjei now healthy and cleared for the Michigan series, this marks only the sixth time this season the Gophers will have all their main starters back in the lineup. Having the Gophers at full strength couldn't come at a more opportune time, as they prepare for a B1G second half facing 18 B1G games out of the remaining 20 in the regular season.

The Gophers invade Yost arena this weekend having totaled a 3-3-1 record (exc. U18) over the last 7 games with a goal differential of only +7 (22 GF, 15 GA). Meanwhile, the Ugly Helmets have been much more prolific, downing 6 of their last 7 opponents with an obscene goal differential of +17 (30 GF, 13 GA) and they currently lead the B1G with 3.65 G/game.

Offensively, this series will showcase some interesting individual matchups with the two top points leaders in the B1G, Kyle Rau and Zach Hyman going head to head, along with B1G PP points leader M. Reilly (11) and B1G PP goals leader Alex Kile (6). Defensively I expect Michigan, averaging 15 BLK/G, to block a busload of Gopher blasts from the point, so storming the net with improved shot selection and accuracy this weekend will be especially critical for the Gophers.

The Gophers scoring has been far too dependent on their PP success lately. Now with a full squad, they desperately need to bury plenty of 5 x 5 Gs with only 32 even strength goals this season vs. Michigan's Big Ten leading 48. I anticipate a physical, close checking series with both teams pumping a lot of shots on net. FACT: The Gophers haven't swept a series since Notre Dame in early Nov. Can they pull off a sweep at the Yost...please? Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                  Whether because of injuries, illness or the WJC, Lucia and staff have been forced to shuffle players around for better part of this season thus far. Has this been the reason why the Gophers are not playing up to their talent level? Arguably a main factor has been the sub-par scoring performances by several key players (Ambroz, Boyd, Fasching, Cammarata). But generally speaking, an "attrition factor" involving key players can disrupt a team and confound their collective team chemistry and momentum.

With defenseman Brady Skjei now healthy and cleared for the Michigan series, this marks only the sixth time this season the Gophers will have all their main starters back in the lineup. Having the Gophers at full strength couldn't come at a more opportune time, as they prepare for a B1G second half facing 18 B1G games out of the remaining 20 in the regular season.

The Gophers invade Yost arena this weekend having totaled a 3-3-1 record (exc. U18) over the last 7 games with a goal differential of only +7 (22 GF, 15 GA). Meanwhile, the Ugly Helmets have been much more prolific, downing 6 of their last 7 opponents with an obscene goal differential of +17 (30 GF, 13 GA) and they currently lead the B1G with 3.65 G/game.

Offensively, this series will showcase some interesting individual matchups with the two top points leaders in the B1G, Kyle Rau and Zach Hyman going head to head, along with B1G PP points leader M. Reilly (11) and B1G PP goals leader Alex Kile (6). Defensively I expect Michigan, averaging 15 BLK/G, to block a busload of Gopher blasts from the point, so storming the net with improved shot selection and accuracy this weekend will be especially critical for the Gophers.

The Gophers scoring has been far too dependent on their PP success lately. Now with a full squad, they desperately need to bury plenty of 5 x 5 Gs with only 32 even strength goals this season vs. Michigan's Big Ten leading 48. I anticipate a physical, close checking series with both teams pumping a lot of shots on net. FACT: The Gophers haven't swept a series since Notre Dame in early Nov. Can they pull off a sweep at the Yost...please? Go Gophers!
                  Yeah, you and your fancy facts. Where's the hatred in this thread?
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

I hate all of you if that helps.

Comment

Sometimes in life we need a balance. I for one appreciate some fancy facts, and nobody presents them better than HarleyMC! The hatred may now resume...
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Sometimes in life we need a balance. I for one appreciate some fancy facts, and nobody presents them better than HarleyMC! The hatred may now resume...
                        Love the fancy stats too. Thanks Harley!
                        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Sorry. Umm...I hate gophers. With their mascot's spinning head and their knowledge of hockey. Also, why do Minnesotans call casseroles "hot dish"? Weirdos.

Oh and all the gopher fans I've met are complete jerks!
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G
                          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                          2 Alaskan

Comment

Sorry. Umm...I hate gophers. With their mascot's spinning head and their knowledge of hockey. Also, why do Minnesotans call casseroles "hot dish"? Weirdos.

the ones you haven't met are even worse!
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

it's "Jerks", when talking about Gopher fans the J be must be capitalized.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Hey...notice I did throw in an Ugly Helmets in BOLD, but that's all I got. I suspect I'm probably like many Gopher fans, the rivalry with Michigan isn't anywhere near as intense as with the Whioux and their unique brand of goonery. I guess I've always had a subtle respect for the Michigan hockey program and Red...well, the man is 75 years old, in his 30th year at Mich., 4th in all time wins and will hit another milestone of 800 Ws this season. Gotta respect that, an amazingly resilient coach in anyone's book.

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                Hey thanks for that D2D. The check is in the mail.

Comment

Working...
                                X