Minnesota @ Michigan: 1/9 & 1/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Michigan: 1/9 & 1/10

I can understand though how little schools would see you as "rivals" when what you really are to them is a marquee game and to you guys, it's simply Friday night.
    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 01-06-2015, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      So there won't be a rivalry in hockey for awhile since the only one competing for B1G titles is Minnesota.

Just saying that any rivalry with Michigan will take time and incidents along the way to fuel it.

Gotta develop that history.

But yes. In the meantime - we all need to get our **** together.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        It was a logical extrapolation. My team sucks right now, so I must suck right now, so my team may or may not continue to suck this weekend. Not only is it a logical extrapolation but it also appears to be a paradox.

Well, it begs the question then.

How sucky will you be this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          It's hard to be that mean to someone who is as hated as we are- especially when that hate has no real basis for it. Seems like most teams hate us because we don't think they are rivals of ours, and that idea somehow makes us arrogant. That's why I think fans like UNO's hate us so much. We could care less about them.

We can't have a rivalry weekend every weekend, for crying out loud.
          This is how it was in the WCHA with us, minus playing becky and the whioux. So who was your jan brady (st. clouud) of the CCHA?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            It was a logical extrapolation. My team sucks right now, so I must suck right now, so my team may or may not continue to suck this weekend. Not only is it a logical extrapolation but it also appears to be a paradox.
            Yea, I wonder too, how bad you feel right now.

If by logical extention, you feel as the team does, then if you feel like crap, then so will the team.

Ergo, they will suck this weekend, and we will win.

So, then, Scooby- have a bad week.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
              This is how it was in the WCHA with us, minus playing becky and the whioux. So who was your jan brady (st. clouud) of the CCHA?
              Short term, UNO. But Western seem to have more fans who took it more personally than the other schools.

Lake State was really good at one point- so it was actually scary to play them. Ferris's fans are more generally cool, BG had some great seasons (and a Hobey winner since I've moved to Michigan), Miami got good (even if they are tools), and if I'm missing anyone, it meant less to both of us. (not counting MSU or OSU)

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                So there won't be a rivalry in hockey for awhile since the only one competing for B1G titles is Minnesota.
                We'll just have to deal with some good hard hockey and full stadiums, then. I can deal with that.

But IIRC, you don't actually have a B1G title, yet. That would be Wisconsin. How ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  My hatred of all things maize carries over from the football team and their dominance of so many years. That has faded recently, but as I've stated in the D-1 Football thread, I hope Michigan returns to it's place in football so that there's energy and juice again when we play them.
                  Here's what is interesting- the feelings toward OSU don't carry over to the ice rink nearly that much. Yes, we very much want to win, but I don't really know anyone who would consider the hockey thing that much of a rivalry.

The only school that carries every sport is MSU. At least as I see it, and as I see many UM fans at hockey games.

Comment

Well, it begs the question then.

How sucky will you be this weekend?
                    Not sure. I'd really like it if the college team can get things going the right way. The professional team is in free fall right now and I don't see them coming out of it.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                      I always thought of NMU as the jan brady of the CCHA. Something about their fans/posters complaining the CCHA only cares about Michigan and Michigan State. No tv coverage, no officiating calls, clearly everything was being catered to the Marsha Brady and poor Jan got nothing.

Here's what is interesting- the feelings toward OSU don't carry over to the ice rink nearly that much. Yes, we very much want to win, but I don't really know anyone who would consider the hockey thing that much of a rivalry.

The only school that carries every sport is MSU. At least as I see it, and as I see many UM fans at hockey games.
                      Agreed. I think much of that has to do with aOSU not having consistently good hockey teams.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

We'll just have to deal with some good hard hockey and full stadiums, then. I can deal with that.

But IIRC, you don't actually have a B1G title, yet. That would be Wisconsin. How ironic.
                        Regular season (the harder of the two to win) we do.
                        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                          Regular season (the harder of the two to win) we do.
                          Ok, Wisconsin was B1G Champs, Minny B1G Regular season champs.

Doesn't ring the same, does it.... And based on the problem that you didn't win the B1G Championship- I would not say that the one you didn't win was the easier to win. If it was easy, you would have won.

But if you need a banner for a regular season title, it's just a matter of some fabric.

Comment

Now we're gettin' somewhere...

Comment

Now we're gettin' somewhere...

*sigh*
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

But how many homegrown Wisconsin players played for Wisconsin?

Their B1G tourney title is tainted.

Comment

Working...
                                X