Minnesota @ Michigan: 1/9 & 1/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I didn't experience the Goal That Never Happened, for example. Something like that...that would push MI up into hatred category.
    I did. It sucked. So deflating
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Re: Minnesota @ Michigan: 1/9 & 1/10

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
      Alfa, I think he is talking about THIS...

http://youtu.be/HWBYcugv11s

Just HAVE to pretend that the bee hive is a pinata, didn't you....

Still, not sure why that would make me hate fans from the other school any more had the play been reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Yea, you can think that, but since we are all in the B1G, I think it's safe to say that the same feeling is in Happy Valley, East Lansing, and Columbus as well as Ann Arbor and St. Paul. You are the best underachiver in the B1G by quite a margin.

My dad was crushed that you managed to beat Tech this past weekend. In spite of getting out shot 3-1.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Just HAVE to pretend that the bee hive is a pinata, didn't you....

Still, not sure why that would make me hate fans from the other school any more had the play been reversed.
          Give it time. You'll hate us soon

Minnesota vs Michigan has always been one of my favorite rivalries. Looking forward to that building in intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
            Give it time. You'll hate us soon

Minnesota vs Michigan has always been one of my favorite rivalries. Looking forward to that building in intensity.
            There's a problem with that- it's hard to hate one of the fellow Evil Empire teams. BC does a great job of trying, but being 1/3 part of the most hated teams... well, you know how that is.

Comment

There's a problem with that- it's hard to hate one of the fellow Evil Empire teams. BC does a great job of trying, but being 1/3 part of the most hated teams... well, you know how that is.
              Very true, very true. We're all so used to being hated that we're pretty accustomed to it

Comment

Yea, you can think that, but since we are all in the B1G, I think it's safe to say that the same feeling is in Happy Valley, East Lansing, and Columbus as well as Ann Arbor and St. Paul. You are the best underachiver in the B1G by quite a margin.

I am? I could troll more if you think it would help. Just trying to not be so involved in that way on the D-1 side anymore. I had my time - someone else needs to step up.

As far as the sweet graphic, was just turning the trope on the ones who use it most. A Gopher fan brought us into this thread.

No doubt though, we are underachieving - or maybe we just suck.

Either way - an abomination of a season.

We'll weather it and be back at some point.

Comment

I am? I could troll more if you think it would help. Just trying to not be so involved in that way on the D-1 side anymore. I had my time - someone else needs to step up.

As far as the sweet graphic, was just turning the trope on the ones who use it most. A Gopher fan brought us into this thread.

No doubt though, we are underachieving - or maybe we just suck.

Either way - an abomination of a season.

We'll weather it and be back at some point.
                  YOU are one of the rare fans that is a virtual representation of you team.

So when the team sucks on the ice, you do as well- so since you are currently underachiving, well, it shows on the ice.

Comment

So when the team sucks on the ice, you do as well- so since you are currently underachiving, well, it shows on the ice.

There you go!

Now take that and direct it at this week's opponent.

Comment

So, you're saying I suck. Meh, I've heard worse.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

There you go!

Now take that and direct it at this week's opponent.

It's hard to be that mean to someone who is as hated as we are- especially when that hate has no real basis for it. Seems like most teams hate us because we don't think they are rivals of ours, and that idea somehow makes us arrogant. That's why I think fans like UNO's hate us so much. We could care less about them.

We can't have a rivalry weekend every weekend, for crying out loud.

I bet Holy Cross fans think Minnesota is a rival thanks to that goal in the NCAA's 8 years ago. Or at least think that the fans still take it personally.

I'm sure that would have been a harder loss to swallow had it been North Dakota or Wisconsin. But being Holy Cross- just another small school. They know how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          So, you're saying I suck. Meh, I've heard worse.
                          Sorry- that was clearly at a Wisconsin fan.

But if you want to take it, that's fine too.

(man, maybe I live to close to Canada... just too nice today)

Comment

Sorry- that was clearly at a Wisconsin fan.

But if you want to take it, that's fine too.

(man, maybe I live to close to Canada... just too nice today)
                            It was a logical extrapolation. My team sucks right now, so I must suck right now, so my team may or may not continue to suck this weekend. Not only is it a logical extrapolation but it also appears to be a paradox.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I don't think that Michigan is seen as part of any evil empire in hockey. At least outside of the old CCHA.

I certainly never saw them that way. They have a program with a lot of success, but much of that in terms of NCAA titles was a long, LONG time ago. Worthy of a lot of respect, but never awe - at least not from a Badger fan's perspective. Always looked forward to playing them coz it would be a tough matchup.

My hatred of all things maize carries over from the football team and their dominance of so many years. That has faded recently, but as I've stated in the D-1 Football thread, I hope Michigan returns to it's place in football so that there's energy and juice again when we play them.

It's easy for me to dislike the hockey team, but it has very little to do with the hockey team itself or it's achievements. I simply dislike Michigan in all sports - carried over from the football team of yesteryear.

A hockey rivalry between Michigan and Minnesota or between Michigan and Wisconsin will only develop once we are battling for the same title for a number of years. I hope it does as you need to be our Sioux in the future.

Comment

So there won't be a rivalry in hockey for awhile since the only one competing for B1G titles is Minnesota.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X