Minnesota @ Michigan: 1/9 & 1/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota @ Michigan: 1/9 & 1/10

Minnesota doesn't seem to want to play up to their talent level this season. So I wouldn't be surprised with any set of results.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I didn't experience the Goal That Never Happened, for example. Something like that...that would push MI up into hatred category.
      That kind of thing I don't get.

We've been on both sides of that call- winning the game against UNO, and not winning a game against Miami- both in the tournament. But the call was by the refs, not the other team or the other fan base.

Seen my share of hack plays with MSU, too- but that was a player on the ice, not the guy 5 rows up from me. The father of the player wrongly went and confronted the other player- but that was it.

Now if our fans taunted you based on the above- especially physically- I can see the hate.

But other than that....

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        Minnesota doesn't seem to want to play up to their talent level this season. So I wouldn't be surprised with any set of results.
        If I'm not mistaken, Michigan sent more players to the WJC than Minnesota did, yes?

Which is an illustration of talent, is it not?

Yet our overall record is worse than yours. Not sure why, but I think we are a little worse place than you guys are.

Comment

I love playing Michigan, the games are usually fast paced up and down the rink with plenty of high end talent on both teams most years.

Makes for a fun series.
          Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            If I'm not mistaken, Michigan sent more players to the WJC than Minnesota did, yes?

Yet our overall record is worse than yours. Not sure why, but I think we are a little worse place than you guys are.
            I wasn't really trying to compare talent. Only saying that MN has been up and down with their performances this season.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              I wasn't really trying to compare talent. Only saying that MN has been up and down with their performances this season.
              So am I. For all the talent we are supposed to have, it's only translated to the ice a handful of times. And it seems to have gone the other way more often than not- the start to our season was tough- and even though we thought we turned a corner in November, BC reminded us that we have not.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

It means you (from one perspective) have more talent under 20.

Rau, Skjei, and Reilly all went to the World Juniors in the past.

We've been just as big of underachievers
                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

But I think we can all agree that the biggest underachiever is becky, she really sucks arse.

I mean 2 wins come on, even American International has more than 2 wins.

Comment

I didn't experience the Goal That Never Happened, for example. Something like that...that would push MI up into hatred category.
                    Alfa, I think he is talking about THIS...

http://youtu.be/HWBYcugv11s

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post

Look at #14 for the Gophers just standing there watching him behind the net. Drives me crazy still.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Hilarious. When or if I have brought this up, since, I'm "a whiner that won't let it go" That said, UNO fan, in general, already had ample hatred for Michigan. I think it has something to do with their 27-8-3 record, all time, against us. Getting jobbed by the refs (because they are Michigan, after all) just amped that up a notch or two more.

If we'd been playing the AHA conference winner in that NCAA tourney instead, for example, the no goal call on the ice by the refs is upheld. Every UNO fan I have ever spoken to about this firmly believes they got that call because they were Michigan. Dean Blais as much as said so, publicly, after the game. Worse, this cost us the chance at our first ever tourney win. Yup, we're bitter. Guilty as charged.

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post

This is what I thought of right away, I don't care about some other goal or non goal from another team.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Look at #14 for the Gophers just standing there watching him behind the net. Drives me crazy still.
                            It was on the PK. Stay in the box!

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              It was on the PK. Stay in the box!
                              Since the puck was down low he should have been covering that side of the net. I'm not saying he should go down and push the guy into the boards but he's got to help his goalie out and put some pressure on the puck.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                                But I think we can all agree that the biggest underachiever is becky, she really sucks arse.

I mean 2 wins come on, even American International has more than 2 wins.

Last edited by Gurtholfin; 01-06-2015, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X