• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMICH
    replied
    Re: Minnesota @ Michigan: 1/9 & 1/10

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    if any of you i spoke with at intermission are looking for other places for good beer (other than jolly pumpkin, arbor brewing and grizzly peak) wolverine brewing on stadium has great brews. A good lunch with good beer can be found in Ypsilanti at either the Wurst Bar or Red Rock.
    To piggy-back on that, Sidetrack in Ypsilanti has terrific burgers. I highly reccommend it. The Wurst is ok, I can't stand Red Rock though.

Great game tonight, I'm looking forward to tomorrow (even if we have a lame starting time).

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied

if any of you i spoke with at intermission are looking for other places for good beer (other than jolly pumpkin, arbor brewing and grizzly peak) wolverine brewing on stadium has great brews. A good lunch with good beer can be found in Ypsilanti at either the Wurst Bar or Red Rock.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

The Gophers clearly had the edge in the first; could have easily had a couple more. Nice to have our entire D-Corps back!

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    How's this...satisfied??

University of Michigan

A respectable institution located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The school mascot is a large variety of weasel known as the wolverine, and the school colors are corn and blue. This institution is characterized by students that truly believe that everyone hates them because they're jealous of their extreme intellectual superiority and athletic talent.

However outside of their "lovely" city/campus/slum, these elitist d0uche bags don't realize that everyone really hates them because (drumroll please)... they are elitist d0uche bags. These students are also characterized by their unfriendly attitude towards outsiders that will ultimately condemn them to a horrible fate of only befriending other fellow U of Mich. cohorts.

Throughout the rest of the state of Michigan, and for that matter the rest of the United States, those who affiliate themselves with U of Mich. are generally looked upon with disdain, pity, or outright disgust because of these unfounded self-righteous attitudes. Their non-student fan base is notorious for having a large amount of red-neck hicks too stupid to get into ANY institution of higher learning, and a student fan base famous for booing their own teams in times of trouble. At times, supporters and students of U of Mich. can become so delusional as to believe that their institution is an Ivy League school, thus inspiring chuckles of patronizing pity from everyone who knows better.

If one has the unfortunate luck of having to meet with a Wolverine supporter or student, one should disregard their truly pointless and pompous speeches about the superiority of this institution, and instead hand them a flashlight in order to help them in their quest of removing their big heads from their rectum.
    If all of that makes you feel better, and helps your self esteem level, I guess that's what you need to do.

I'm sorry that you all feel so badly about yourselves, though. Sad.

Chin up, lad, you are not are not that bad of a person.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
    My mother would be proud of you, Harley.
    Ski - U - MA!

Leave a comment:

• captain beefheart
    replied

How's this...satisfied??

University of Michigan

A respectable institution located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The school mascot is a large variety of weasel known as the wolverine, and the school colors are corn and blue. This institution is characterized by students that truly believe that everyone hates them because they're jealous of their extreme intellectual superiority and athletic talent.

However outside of their "lovely" city/campus/slum, these elitist d0uche bags don't realize that everyone really hates them because (drumroll please)... they are elitist d0uche bags. These students are also characterized by their unfriendly attitude towards outsiders that will ultimately condemn them to a horrible fate of only befriending other fellow U of Mich. cohorts.

Throughout the rest of the state of Michigan, and for that matter the rest of the United States, those who affiliate themselves with U of Mich. are generally looked upon with disdain, pity, or outright disgust because of these unfounded self-righteous attitudes. Their non-student fan base is notorious for having a large amount of red-neck hicks too stupid to get into ANY institution of higher learning, and a student fan base famous for booing their own teams in times of trouble. At times, supporters and students of U of Mich. can become so delusional as to believe that their institution is an Ivy League school, thus inspiring chuckles of patronizing pity from everyone who knows better.

If one has the unfortunate luck of having to meet with a Wolverine supporter or student, one should disregard their truly pointless and pompous speeches about the superiority of this institution, and instead hand them a flashlight in order to help them in their quest of removing their big heads from their rectum.
    Now THERE is a thread winner if I've ever seen one. My mother would be proud of you, Harley.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Yeah, you and your fancy facts. Where's the hatred in this thread?
    How's this...satisfied??

University of Michigan

Leave a comment:

• gopher wes
    replied

I C-A-N S-P-E-L-L
    I can spell, I can spell. Yeah grade school!

Now if only you could take that grade school education and make an M that looks like an M, not an upside down W.
    You look like an upside down W....

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Heil to those Mother.....

I'll let you finish it.
    I C-A-N S-P-E-L-L
    I can spell, I can spell. Yeah grade school!

Now if only you could take that grade school education and make an M that looks like an M, not an upside down W.

Leave a comment:

• captain beefheart
    replied

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Yeah. How about adding a John and Yoko quote to this giant hugfest.
    Hey, I resemble that comment. But really, don't you have a coach to impeach or an "atmosphere " to create in your squeak-ball cavern?

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    Hey. It is pretty amazing anyone would call themselves a UW fan, especially this year.
    It just reinforces the stereotype that they are not too bright...

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Heil to those Mother.....

I'll let you finish it.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Hey...notice I did throw in an Ugly Helmets in BOLD, but that's all I got.
    If Ugly Helmets alone were all that mattered, Notre Dame would be our No. 1 rival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rorneEGPso
    Last edited by D2D; 01-08-2015, 11:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Yeah, you and your fancy facts. Where's the hatred in this thread?
    Hey...notice I did throw in an Ugly Helmets in BOLD, but that's all I got. I suspect I'm probably like many Gopher fans, the rivalry with Michigan isn't anywhere near as intense as with the Whioux and their unique brand of goonery. I guess I've always had a subtle respect for the Michigan hockey program and Red...well, the man is 75 years old, in his 30th year at Mich., 4th in all time wins and will hit another milestone of 800 Ws this season. Gotta respect that, an amazingly resilient coach in anyone's book.

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Sometimes in life we need a balance. I for one appreciate some fancy facts, and nobody presents them better than HarleyMC! The hatred may now resume...
    Hey thanks for that D2D. The check is in the mail.

Leave a comment:

• Greyeagle
    replied

Sorry. Umm...I hate gophers. With their mascot's spinning head and their knowledge of hockey. Also, why do Minnesotans call casseroles "hot dish"? Weirdos.

Oh and all the gopher fans I've met are complete jerks!
    it's "Jerks", when talking about Gopher fans the J be must be capitalized.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X