X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go-UML
    replied
    Re: 2015 Mariucci Classic: Minnesota Merrimack Lowell RIT

So just how cold is the building? Trying to figure out what I'm going to wear inside. Most D1 venues, you can just wear your team jersey with a shirt or two beneath. Then there's the other 15% of the buildings.

I'm very much looking forward to visiting MN for the first time, although a flight out on Jan 1 may not be pretty...

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    Only slightly?
    I'm sure Monty was trying to be polite; don't get used to it.

Leave a comment:

• Tiggsy
    replied

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    Page 2??? C'mon!
    Maybe it's because we've been off so long that it hasn't hit us all that there actually are games coming up soon.

Leave a comment:

• ritBLKnORGsuit
    replied
    Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    Page 2??? C'mon!
    Yell at Merrimack the rest of the teams contributed.

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied

Page 2??? C'mon!

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied

It'll be fun to see some teams we don't normally get to see out West. My son is helping coach a squirt team who are in a tourney Friday night so I'll have to find a sub for my second seat for the first session.

Leave a comment:

• ritBLKnORGsuit
    replied

You shall all witness the greatness of RIT's MGM line! Joking a little bit here cause we are just happy to be invited and get to play some good teams. But still our first line is a good line I would say you guys should watch out for.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Just to clarify, UMass hockey sucks. Lowell will be a slightly better test for Minnesota (if the two play).
    Only slightly?

Leave a comment:

• gopher wes
    replied

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    I just hope Lowell gets a chance to play the Gophers.
    I do too....hopefully for the championship.

Leave a comment:

• UMLFan
    replied

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    Yeah, with UMass carrying a boatload of freshman this season (11), this will be a huge test for them against a more veteran and skilled team on their home ice.
    Just to clarify, UMass hockey sucks. Lowell will be a slightly better test for Minnesota (if the two play).

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    Fair enough
    Things didn't work out as expected this past weekend. I was hoping/expecting a match up with Union.
    Last edited by boblav1; 12-29-2014, 11:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Fair enough

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

I am worried about Minnesota and how our defense will respond to more skilled players. I know some of your guys are off at the WJC but the point remains the same.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

I am worried about Minnesota and how our defense will respond to more skilled players. I know some of your guys are off at the WJC but the point remains the same.
    Yeah, with UMass carrying a boatload of freshman this season (11), this will be a huge test for them against a more veteran and skilled team on their home ice.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I have a feeling we won't see a letdown when it comes to effort and desire. Results may differ, but if they play with some grit and fire (which is something that's been only had in spurts so far) I will be happy even though this weekend could play large with respect to PWR. I want to see them start to use their legs more, create space by players without the puck hustling and start a trend of effort that will carry the team through the next several weeks. While the record wasn't what a lot of fans expected they still have a chance to great things.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I have a feeling we won't see a letdown when it comes to effort and desire. Results may differ, but if they play with some grit and fire (which is something that's been only had in spurts so far) I will be happy even though this weekend could play large with respect to PWR. I want to see them start to use their legs more, create space by players without the puck hustling and start a trend of effort that will carry the team through the next several weeks. While the record wasn't what a lot of fans expected they still have a chance to great things.
    Boom! I concur Skipper. No letdown in the cards.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X