X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go-UML
    replied
    Re: 2015 Mariucci Classic: Minnesota Merrimack Lowell RIT

The D and goaltending was pretty impressive. Lowell has found scoring from many places this year (7 different ones last night) so I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll find a way to get at least two in but it could be a pretty tight game. I think penalties will be more of a deciding factor than usual but can't really say why.

I just want good hockey to watch with nobody getting hurt.i

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

No doubt the Gophers will remember this game as the one where they threw everything including the kitchen sink at the goaltender and still came up short. Congrats to the Merrimack Warriors who between Rasmus Tirronen's eagle eyes in net and some excellent shutdown D in front of him, stonewalled the Golden Gophers tonight in a nail biter for the 3-2 victory. Another key was shutting down every PP effort launched by Gophers, who went 0/4 tonight. Freshman Brett Seney's deke around the Gopher D to stuff Wilcox was an awesome highlight reel speed move to bag the GWG.

The Gophers controlled play for most of the game with fast breaks, tape to tape passing, brilliant offensive zone setups, and shelled Tirronen by outshooting Merrimack 42-17. C. Reilly buried his team leading 8th G with tons of time left in the 3rd, and the Gophers had their best opportunity to tie the game. But the Merrimack D and a hot goalie staved off a swarming 3rd period offensive effort by the Gophers to ice the W.

I can't say I'm entirely disappointed in the Gophers game tonight, they skated hard, executed well and put a ton of pucks on net. But unfortunately losses like this will hurt them in the PWR going forward.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
    Still worried about the Gophers? or do you have some "manual plumbing" to do?
    I tried... my arms are too weak

Bring it... I don't like the idea of having to play league opponents in these things. If we lose tomorrow that gets brought home for the next time.

Leave a comment:

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied

Watch this incredible save by Rasmus Tirronen to rob Justin Kloos

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/vide...s-justin-kloos

Leave a comment:

• RENCEB
    replied

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    I am worried about Minnesota and how our defense will respond to more skilled players. I know some of your guys are off at the WJC but the point remains the same.
    Still worried about the Gophers? or do you have some "manual plumbing" to do?

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    If you get the BTN in your television package you can also watch the game on BTN2Go.com for free.
    Actually, that is not always true. It is possible for the programmer to get BTN without BTN2Go. That is my situation.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

Looks like the stream for the game is here:

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...mariucci2.html

Hopefully since its a championship game it will be up and running before the game is half over tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Go-UML
    replied

For the second weekend in a row, UML is playing another HEA team for the championship in a mid-season tournament.

UML v MC @ 4pm CT tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Can any Gopher fans confirm if this stream for the first game is actually going to stream the game?

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...mariucci1.html

I know (nearly?) all your games are televised, so you probably do not usually see an online stream on your site... thoughts?

edit: just found in your game notes the non-televised games for the tournament will be streamed!
    If you get the BTN in your television package you can also watch the game on BTN2Go.com for free.

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

Let's go Gophers!

Leave a comment:

• captain beefheart
    replied

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
    I have an extra ticket for the game (Minnesota/Merrimack) tonight. I don't want any money for it, however I will be late (7:15) , so if you want to be on time, you have to come get it from my work ( North Mpls. ) You don't have to sit with me, but if you see me in the arena, you have to give me the nod as if you approve of me. P.S. Yes it is okay if you are not a Gopher fan.
    Fine, I'll put one butt cheek in each seat. Beware of the armrests of section 16.

Leave a comment:

• Patronick
    replied

The video feed doesn't seem to be working. Bummer.

Leave a comment:

• blazer777
    replied

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
    Speaking of size and skill watch out for Hampus Gustafson. 6'4", 205lbs soph forward. Leads HEA in PP points and is 2cnd in faceoff %. He's won a ridiculous 183 faceoffs in 17 games, 56 more than the next best guy in HEA.

No offense to RIT but game 1 tonight could get ugly. I think Lowell went to MN hungry to make a statement.
    Depends on which RIT team shows up this afternoon but the current OOC record for them is let's say, dismal!

Leave a comment:

• captain beefheart
    replied

I have an extra ticket for the game (Minnesota/Merrimack) tonight. I don't want any money for it, however I will be late (7:15) , so if you want to be on time, you have to come get it from my work ( North Mpls. ) You don't have to sit with me, but if you see me in the arena, you have to give me the nod as if you approve of me. P.S. Yes it is okay if you are not a Gopher fan.
    Last edited by captain beefheart; 01-02-2015, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fishhawk
    replied

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
    Good luck to the Warriors this weekend!

Very good defensive team; goalie Ras Tirronen has been excellent this year (was out late in the 1st half with an injury, but should be fully recovered). Team has good mix of size and skill. One of the "oldest" teams in the country. Up front, watch for freshman Brett Seney (their youngest player). Very quick.

Speaking of size and skill watch out for Hampus Gustafson. 6'4", 205lbs soph forward. Leads HEA in PP points and is 2cnd in faceoff %. He's won a ridiculous 183 faceoffs in 17 games, 56 more than the next best guy in HEA.

No offense to RIT but game 1 tonight could get ugly. I think Lowell went to MN hungry to make a statement.
    Last edited by Fishhawk; 01-02-2015, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X