2015 World Junior Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gurtholfin View Post
    now where have i heard a similar sentiment...?

:d
    Hmmmmm
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: 2015 World Junior Championships

Good post-mortem by Chris Dilks today: http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2015...-a-post-mortem

Going all crystal ball, here is how I envision next year's roster:

FORWARDS
      Brock Boeser
      Jeremy Bracco
      Kyle Connor
      Ryan Donato
      Christian Dvorak
      Jordan Greenway
      Dylan Larkin
      Ryan MacInnis
      Auston Matthews
      Sonny Milano
      Nick Schmaltz
      Alex Tuch
      Colin White

DEFENSEMEN
      Louie Belpedio
      Brandon Carlo
      Ryan Collins
      Jack Dougherty
      Noah Hanafin
      Johnathan MacLeod
      Zach Werenski

GOALTENDERS
      Brandon Halverson
      Alex Nedeljkovic
      Luke Opilka

1996s
      Belpedio
      Carlo
      Collins
      Connor
      Donato
      Dougherty
      Dvorak
      Halverson
      Larkin
      MacInnis
      MacLeod
      Milano
      Nedeljkovic
      Schmaltz
      Tuch

1997s
      Boeser
      Bracco
      Greenway
      Hanafin
      Matthews
      Opilka
      Werenski
      White

NCAA (projected)
      Belpedio
      Boeser
      Bracco
      Collins
      Connor
      Donato
      Dougherty
      Greenway
      Hanafin
      Larkin
      MacLeod
      Opilka
      Schmaltz
      Tuch
      Werenski
      White

Major Junior (Projected)
      Carlo
      Dvorak
      Halverson
      MacInnis
      Matthews
      Milano
      Nedeljkovic

Older team with many returning players and more size up front (Greenway, Boeser, MacInnis) as well as replenished skill (Bracco, Connor, Dvorak) to complement the returning forwards. 4 returning defensemen, anchored by Hanafin and Werenski. Halverson should emerge as the #1 goalie.
      Last edited by Friend_of_BU_Hockey; 01-06-2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
        Good post-mortem by Chris Dilks today: http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2015...-a-post-mortem

Going all crystal ball, here is how I envision next year's roster:

FORWARDS
        Brock Boeser
        Jeremy Bracco
        Kyle Connor
        Ryan Donato
        Christian Dvorak
        Jordan Greenway
        Dylan Larkin
        Ryan MacInnis
        Auston Matthews
        Sonny Milano
        Nick Schmaltz
        Alex Tuch
        Colin White

DEFENSEMEN
        Louie Belpedio
        Brandon Carlo
        Ryan Collins
        Jack Dougherty
        Noah Hanafin
        Johnathan MacLeod
        Zach Werenski

GOALTENDERS
        Brandon Halverson
        Alex Nedeljkovic
        Luke Opilka

1996s
        Belpedio
        Carlo
        Collins
        Connor
        Donato
        Dougherty
        Dvorak
        Halverson
        Larkin
        MacInnis
        MacLeod
        Milano
        Nedeljkovic
        Schmaltz
        Tuch

1997s
        Boeser
        Bracco
        Greenway
        Hanafin
        Matthews
        Opilka
        Werenski
        White

NCAA (projected)
        Belpedio
        Boeser
        Bracco
        Collins
        Connor
        Donato
        Dougherty
        Greenway
        Hanafin
        Larkin
        MacLeod
        Opilka
        Schmaltz
        Tuch
        Werenski
        White

Major Junior (Projected)
        Carlo
        Dvorak
        Halverson
        MacInnis
        Matthews
        Milano
        Nedeljkovic

Older team with many returning players and more size up front (Greenway, Boeser, MacInnis) as well as replenished skill (Bracco, Connor, Dvorak) to complement the returning forwards. 4 returning defensemen, anchored by Hanafin and Werenski. Halverson should emerge as the #1 goalie.
        Not a fan of Donato's game at all...Was unimpressive when I saw him with the U-18 squad and with the South Shore Kings this year. Doesn't stand out for a second round pick at all.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Chad Krys probably has a good chance to make it since the 96 defense is not good.

Comment

Chris Dilks' take:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2015...-a-post-mortem
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              Chad Krys probably has a good chance to make it since the 96 defense is not good.
              The '96 D has similar-type players - Collins, Glover, Dougherty, MacLeod. Besides for Hanafin and Werenski, the '97 D also includes a late-97er Charlie McAvoy (BU bound and '16 draft eligible) who has very good puck-moving abilities. Krys' still set is definitely above the '96 crop, so depending upon the direction the brass and coaching staff go in, he could get a look this Summer at the tryout camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                No - USA finished 5th.
                You're LG4?

Comment

Does anyone know for sure whether the rinks at the U20 World's were Olympic width? The IIHF rulebook says for all World Championships they should be 30 meters wide as opposed to the NHL width of about 26 meters. The reason I am asking is that there is a huge blow-up over here in the Czech Republic where the head coach did everything he could to cut every overseas Czech player (several in the Q and OHL). The fight is about the Czech development model which seeks to limit the number of players leaving the Czech Republic to play in Sweden, Finland or Canada. It has proved to be a huge failure (as opposed to the Slovak model). Vaclav Karabaček (drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the second round/49th overall) was kicked off the team for oversleeping a video session (the 'official' reason). The ironic thing is that Pavel Zacha (projected to be a 2015 early 1st round NHL pick) was Karabaček's best friend and roommate and also slept through the video session (but at that point the head coach only had room to kick off one more player) so he was 'allowed' to stay.

After the tournament the head coach quit and then collapsed and had to be taken to the hospital. The reason I am asking about the rink size is that if the rink size was NHL size, then it would be one more reason to take as many high-quality Czech players playing in Canada.

Comment

• Originally posted by kool99 View Post
                    Does anyone know for sure whether the rinks at the U20 World's were Olympic width? The IIHF rulebook says for all World Championships they should be 30 meters wide as opposed to the NHL width of about 26 meters. The reason I am asking is that there is a huge blow-up over here in the Czech Republic where the head coach did everything he could to cut every overseas Czech player (several in the Q and OHL). The fight is about the Czech development model which seeks to limit the number of players leaving the Czech Republic to play in Sweden, Finland or Canada. It has proved to be a huge failure (as opposed to the Slovak model). Vaclav Karabaček (drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the second round/49th overall) was kicked off the team for oversleeping a video session (the 'official' reason). The ironic thing is that Pavel Zacha (projected to be a 2015 early 1st round NHL pick) was Karabaček's best friend and roommate and also slept through the video session (but at that point the head coach only had room to kick off one more player) so he was 'allowed' to stay.

After the tournament the head coach quit and then collapsed and had to be taken to the hospital. The reason I am asking about the rink size is that if the rink size was NHL size, then it would be one more reason to take as many high-quality Czech players playing in Canada.
                    The rinks were NHL size, not Olympic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                      The rinks were NHL size, not Olympic.
                      And next year I believe they're hybrid (~90 feet) wide.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        And next year I believe they're hybrid (~90 feet) wide.
                        Next year in Helsinki they'll use two arenas. Hartwall is the primary, it's 30mX60m (98'-5" x 196'-10"). I cannot find info on the Helsinki Ice Hall, but it's likely that or close. 'Merica rounds to 100'x200', but true international is 30x61m.

r

Comment

http://www.iihf.com/fileadmin/user_u...-18_Web_V4.pdf

RULE 12 – STANDARD DIMENSIONS OF RINK
                          i. For top-level IIHF competitions, the recommended dimensions of the
                          rink are 60 metres (197') long and 25– 30 metres wide (82'– 98'5").

ii. The corners of the rink must be rounded in the arc of a circle with a
                          radius of 7.0 to 8.5 metres (23'– 28').

iii. In countries where the standards set out in Rules 12-i and 12-ii are
                          not possible, other dimensions are allowed so long as they are
                          approved by the IIHF before the competition or game is played.

iv. For IIHF World Championship tournaments, the official dimensions
                          must be 60 metres (197') long and 30 metres (98'5") wide.

"IIHF World Championship tournaments" may mean just the Senior tournaments and not the Junior tournaments.
                          "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
                          -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                          X