Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 World Junior Championships

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    then had to be told to do so, cause that is not what happens at bu
    Last I checked he wasn't playing with BU at the World Juniors.

    Who knows why he felt he had to do too much. And the fact he felt he had to or decided he wanted to wasn't the team's only problem. It was a big reason why his performance was rather underwhelming though. He's young, and clearly talented. Hopefully he (and others) learn from this.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

    Comment


    • Re: 2015 World Junior Championships

      Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      That's exactly what he does at BU
      BU is an 8-10 Hockey East team without him
      Agreed. I've seen BU play a few times and much like the WJ team, lots of standing around and watching Eichel.

      BU does not make the NCAAs without Eichel this year.

      Comment


      • Re: 2015 World Junior Championships

        Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
        No, he was trying to do too much on his own.
        noticed this as well. probably had to adjust to the situation at hand.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bothman View Post
          Agreed. I've seen BU play a few times and much like the WJ team, lots of standing around and watching Eichel.

          BU does not make the NCAAs without Eichel this year.
          We'll never know the answer to that question. Where would BC have been w/o Gaudreau? Lowell w/o a goalie last year?the list goes on and the task of getting the next great prospect never ends
          Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

          Comment


          • Re: 2015 World Junior Championships

            Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
            We'll never know the answer to that question. Where would BC have been w/o Gaudreau? Lowell w/o a goalie last year?the list goes on and the task of getting the next great prospect never ends
            Lowell without a goalie would probably give up at least 20 goals a game. That would be hard to win with I agree. Alas Conner was 19 when he started at Lowell and didn't catch his stride till after world juniors (not that he deserved an invite based on his first three NCAA performances that year). But I think the interesting point earlier was that we are a bit reliant on the NTDP players when there are plenty of good players coming out of the USHL and otherwise. The team this year seemed very 18yo heavy, which is nice for next year, but not great for winning this year.
            BS UMass Lowell 2015
            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

            Comment


            • Re: 2015 World Junior Championships

              Love college hockey, but Eichel needs to leave immediately for the Q.

              Comment


              • Re: 2015 World Junior Championships

                Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                We'll never know the answer to that question.
                well, let's just see what BU looks like next year without him!

                not gonna pretend to know what forwards left off the team could have made a difference, but am curious to see if people on here have some names. and, how much did Eichel, Tuch and Milano play together? I didn't see as much of the games as I had hoped. But, when I did, just didn't see the scoring chances. Think playing those three together more may have been a good move based on their chemistry playing together last year.

                Comment


                • Re: 2015 World Junior Championships

                  Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                  Love college hockey, but Eichel needs to leave immediately for the Q.
                  I agree. USA Hockey is coddling him way to much. He needs to get a lot tougher for the NHL. I'm sick of his mom on TV saying she doesn't care if he goes 1 or 2. AYFKM?! His stock just went down, he'll be lucky to go 2.

                  Comment


                  • Re: 2015 World Junior Championships

                    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    well, let's just see what BU looks like next year without him!

                    not gonna pretend to know what forwards left off the team could have made a difference, but am curious to see if people on here have some names. and, how much did Eichel, Tuch and Milano play together? I didn't see as much of the games as I had hoped. But, when I did, just didn't see the scoring chances. Think playing those three together more may have been a good move based on their chemistry playing together last year.
                    Chris Dilks was warning of scoring issues since the time initial roster invites were made. Names I think he mentioned up front that maybe could have provided some skill included Kyle Connor, Justin Bailey and Jeremy Bracco.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

                    Comment


                    • Re: 2015 World Junior Championships

                      Originally posted by Call It View Post
                      I agree. USA Hockey is coddling him way to much. He needs to get a lot tougher for the NHL. I'm sick of his mom on TV saying she doesn't care if he goes 1 or 2. AYFKM?! His stock just went down, he'll be lucky to go 2.
                      If an NHL scout drops Jack Eichel from his list based one sub-par game and a "My God, he wasn't other worldly!" tournament, then that stupid-*** team deserves what they get.

                      He's a playmaker, who can skate and launch a wicked wrister. He needs to develop a little more grit and corner muscle. One tournament does not define a player.
                      It Happened!!!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        If an NHL scout drops Jack Eichel from his list based one sub-par game and a "My God, he wasn't other worldly!" tournament, then that stupid-*** team deserves what they get.

                        He's a playmaker, who can skate and launch a wicked wrister. He needs to develop a little more grit and corner muscle. One tournament does not define a player.
                        And leadership.....

                        Comment


                        • Re: 2015 World Junior Championships

                          Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          If an NHL scout drops Jack Eichel from his list based one sub-par game and a "My God, he wasn't other worldly!" tournament, then that stupid-*** team deserves what they get.

                          He's a playmaker, who can skate and launch a wicked wrister. He needs to develop a little more grit and corner muscle. One tournament does not define a player.
                          A tournament might not define a player, but it can certainly expose one. What I saw was a guy that wasn't much of a team player, and trying to win on talent alone.

                          Comment


                          • Re: 2015 World Junior Championships

                            Re: Eichel (and McDavid thus far) what I did not see was a player that can come into the NHL next year and turn a losing team into a middling or good one. Not to say they won't be productive players, even soon, but if you're a fan of the Oilers or Hurricanes or any of the other bottom feeders (like my Devils) I don't think they make that big of a change in the fortunes of those teams for next season.
                            Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                            Go Crimson!

                            Comment


                            • Re: 2015 World Junior Championships

                              Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              A tournament might not define a player, but it can certainly expose one. What I saw was a guy that wasn't much of a team player, and trying to win on talent alone.
                              That's crap. He IS a team player. And a leader.
                              It Happened!!!!

                              Comment


                              • Re: 2015 World Junior Championships

                                Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
                                Re: Eichel (and McDavid thus far) what I did not see was a player that can come into the NHL next year and turn a losing team into a middling or good one. Not to say they won't be productive players, even soon, but if you're a fan of the Oilers or Hurricanes or any of the other bottom feeders (like my Devils) I don't think they make that big of a change in the fortunes of those teams for next season.
                                Good, then maybe we get a second year of Eichel on Comm Ave.
                                It Happened!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X