Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 World Junior Championships

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Demand competent officiating. And not suck on the power play.
    It gets tough to complain about the officiating when final PP count was only 8-6 Russia, 5 in a row aside.
    Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
    Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
      It gets tough to complain about the officiating when final PP count was only 8-6 Russia, 5 in a row aside.
      Well it can be competent all around so they don't have to screw a team to end the game since they screwed the other team to start the game. But having a powerplay that isn't terrible would be a real answer since you can't actually expect international officiating to ever be competent.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by jnacc View Post
        Youth and an over-rated offense were the demise of this team.
        ya, definitely too many non factors up front. are there forwards that were left off the team who people think could have made a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          just never saw the offensive punch i was expecting
          Congratulations to my favorite Will Butcher, Larkin, and Fasching . (Although wolverines, gophers and norovirus are pretty much equal--JMO.)
          I know Eichel was the heralded star, media favorite, etc., but along with the power play a disappointing WJC.
          And to this point, Connor MacDavid hasn't been much better for Canada.

Would love it if the Cinderella Danes could take out Canada.

And now back to cawlidge hockey.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

USA is constantly overrated by US fans in international tournaments. We are the 5th best team most of the time and it ends up showing.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              Demand competent officiating. And not suck on the power play.

I didn't think the refs made bad calls at all...Kinda of tough to give the refs heck when the USA players are high sticking players in the face and tripping guys in the middle of the ice.
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                USA is constantly overrated by US fans in international tournaments. We are the 5th best team most of the time and it ends up showing.
                CAN, SWE, RUS, ... , USA? Who was the fourth best team coming in? This is a hugely disappointing result.

Comment

Finland probably
                  BS UMass Lowell 2015
                  PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

I'd love to see someone that said we were the fifth best team coming in.

Comment

Revisiting the Canadian team, I feel like they've played with a bigger edge and nastier ever since the game in Grand Forks several years back. They were chirping and using their sticks even before the first puck drop and I've noticed that edge every tournament since. US plays like the Wild - soft.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        Ridiculous
                        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I saw all of Team USA's games, along with many of the other games, and this result is a major disappointment. This team was good enough to contend for a medal and certainly good enough to beat Russia.

Eichel tried too much to be a one-man show--it didn't work. He needed to be a better teammate and use the guys around him. I put that on Osiecki and the coaches.

Watching the PP was an exercise in frustration. Too much standing around and not enough urgency to get to the net and bang in a tough one.

This is always a great event to watch if for no other reason than I get to sit and watch kids from all over the NCAA get together and put on the USA jersey.

Comment

The USA needs more kids from Minnesota and Boston. Problem solved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sisyphus View Post
                              The USA needs more kids from Minnesota and Boston. Problem solved.
                              And Herb Brooks.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                And Herb Brooks.
                                My son just said they should give Torts a shot. For the entertainment value alone it might be worth it.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                                Twenty red lights in his honor
                                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Working...
                                X