• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Pong Horn
    replied
    Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
    Since the CCHA is in the contraction mode and since UAH is fighting for survival, maybe it's time to start thinking about both UAH and their friend Alaska moving to the WCHA. Alaska's moving to the WCHA is the move that made even more sense than UNO going to the WCHA. The WCHA could get nearly all of the AK extra games, the AK's could have their full rivalry series, and WCHA teams traveling to AK could get 4 games out of the trip.
    Psst: a fourteen team league is a little bit much.

My money says the CCHA is hoping for a team (Bowling Green, Ferris, Western or Lake State) to drop hockey, a team (Penn State or Iowa State) to add hockey, a good chunk of their schools to jump ship into a new conference, or some combination. Either way, we're at unstable equilibrium, and sooner or later the dominoes will start falling again.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    UNO applied to the WCHA - UAH didn't.
    Exactly. The Red Landcows are Charger haters.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Why doesn't the WCHA get any blame here?

They could have taken UAH when Bemidji wanted to get in- instant 12 team conference.

Yet, they took a team from another conference. Now that other conference is the bad guy.
    UNO applied to the WCHA - UAH didn't.

Leave a comment:

• true2BSU
    replied

Blame isn't doing any good. With BSU and UNO moving to the WCHA there are few options left that make sense to help UAH. This Big Ten stuff to me sounds like opium dream material. Take enough nyquil and you can have a Big Ten conference.

I dislike FSN coverage of hockey but am holding on to a hope of seeing Kevin Gorg of FSN fame wearing a Save UAH hockey t-shirt. Now that would be cool.

Leave a comment:

• ChargerBlue
    replied

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Why doesn't the WCHA get any blame here?

They could have taken UAH when Bemidji wanted to get in- instant 12 team conference.

Yet, they took a team from another conference. Now that other conference is the bad guy.

So this whole bad guy started with the WCHA taking a team from them.

As far as I can tell, the WCHA equally shares in the blame, or on the list of who hates Huntsville. Especailly since they could have taken them first. Talk about elitism.
    Actually, 95% of the blame lies with Atlantic Hockey. If they hadn't accepted Air Force, Robert Morris and Niagara then the CHA would still exist.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X