Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Say I sponsor a player. Will I get a picture of him and will he send me drawings and stuff? If not, what does he provide me that an African child can not?
    The mascot will send you pictures of his droppings, or if you give more than $25 he'll send you the actual droppings themselves.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Say I sponsor a player. Will I get a picture of him and will he send me drawings and stuff? If not, what does he provide me that an African child can not?
      Uh... the player is less likely to have AIDS?
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The player is more likely to actually exist.
        -Will... Photographer, professional baby wrangler.
        web- saveuahhockey.com facebook- Save UAH Hockey twitter- @saveuahhockey

Comment

wnickelson can take a photo and send it to you. And maybe I'll get them to be your Facebook friend.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            wnickelson can take a photo and send it to you. And maybe I'll get them to be your Facebook friend.

GFM
            I can be Facebook friends with an African kid too. I remain unconvinced.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Perhaps if the CCHA hadn't acted like a complete bag of dicks about this situation, people outside of the CCHA would have given them the benefit of the doubt. But when they seemingly refuse to give any information about their decision and generally act like UAH isn't good enough for them, people aren't going to react positively.
              Yes, the CCHA could have handled this better, but the case isn't closed yet. The second part of your quote is pure subjective opinion. The CCHA doesn't owe anyone an explanation other than the parties involved and certainly hasn't made any disparaging comments about the UAH program to insinuate that the league is above their program. (Let's ignore economics as a legit reason.) Wasn't that the perception when the W told UNO to "wait" ten years ago?

And it appears that the only USCHOers (outside of the UAH contingent) that seems bothered are in the two western leagues affected, predominantly the WCHA, aka "the not-so-humble yet charitable, we're better than you but soon to be watered down, college hockey savior league".

Is that a short enough post for you, Handy?

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                Yes, the CCHA could have handled this better, but the case isn't closed yet. The second part of your quote is pure subjective opinion. The CCHA doesn't owe anyone an explanation other than the parties involved and certainly hasn't made any disparaging comments about the UAH program to insinuate that the league is above their program. (Let's ignore economics as a legit reason.) Wasn't that the perception when the W told UNO to "wait" ten years ago?

And it appears that the only USCHOers (outside of the UAH contingent) that seems bothered are in the two western leagues affected, predominantly the WCHA, aka "the not-so-humble yet charitable, we're better than you but soon to be watered down, college hockey savior league".

The truth hurts doesn't it?
                Last edited by scsutommyboy; 09-02-2009, 11:10 AM.
                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post

Yep...it almost made it seem like you dont have a chip on your shoulder
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    Point of fact: if you're presuming that there's been no contact between UAH and the CCHA since the initial round of quotes after the rejection, you're wrong. I am not at liberty to elaborate more, but know that dialogue has continued...

GFM
                    I take it that UAH is inviting the AD's of all of the CCHA Schools down to play a little on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail while making sure that there's a few Southern Belles around on the course in skimpy outfits??

I can be Facebook friends with an African kid too. I remain unconvinced.
                    Yeah, but in a few years, the African kid is just going to try to pull some online scam on you.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                      I take it that UAH is inviting the AD's of all of the CCHA Schools down to play a little on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail while making sure that there's a few Southern Belles around on the course in skimpy outfits??

Yeah, but in a few years, the African kid is just going to try to pull some online scam on you.
                      African children know what computers are? Much less using them to pull an elaborate online scheme? I find that hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                        African children know what computers are? Much less using them to pull an elaborate online scheme? I find that hard to believe.
                        Since the Nigerian bank scam had been prevalent many years via mail before the internet became widely available, it was probably one of the first on-line scams. I suggest though that this whole line of talk-radio Rush-Limbaugh-like subtle/not-so-subtle supremacist posts is more appropriate elsewhere. I've supported both UAH hockey and children in Thailand and India for the past thirty years. Every time I provide dollars to UAH hockey though, I have to wrestle with the morality of donating anything to an athletic program when the same money would be better used by a needy child who did not have the same fortune of birth that I/we had.
                        Last edited by tnlong; 09-02-2009, 02:03 PM.

Comment

That's like saying that Air Force Academy belongs in Atlantic Hockey?

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Bemidji would not be in the WCHA today if there was another league for them to fit into. Period. The WCHA was stable as it was and had no intention of expanding.

And, there is no other league for UAH to fit into right now except the CCHA.

The WCHA did something about the issue, the CCHA did not. You can argue in every thread on the board till your blue in the face and it won't change those simple facts.

Comment

Originally posted by cooperalls View Post
                            That's like saying that Air Force Academy belongs in Atlantic Hockey?
                            The Air Force Academy CHOOSES to be in Atlantic Hockey. Or they probably would have gotten the invite in lieu of UNO.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It is a complete lack of respect to UAH and College Hockey in general. All I know is that according to some leagues and coaches that they want these ACHA teams like Iowa State and Penn State to move up to NCAA Div. 1 since teams like Wayne State, Findlay, Fairfield, and Iona have dropped their programs which had decent and competitive NCAA Div. 1 programs are now facing the real possibility of losing two great programs which the USCHO has reported on the last few months with UAH and Bowling Green. When is enough enough? They should be looking to help cultivate these programs finding solutions to strengthen them and not causing them and giving schools an easy out by saying they would save a ton of money by dropping them.

Originally posted by BlueDevil98 View Post
                              If that's the case, then you've got no argument from my corner. As long as they treat UAH with respect, the CCHA is doing the right thing. But at the same time, people will criticize the CCHA as they see fit, given the lack of publicly known information.

Comment

C'mon Scooby stop sniffing the scooby snacks and get real if AFA thought they could've gotten into the WCHA don't you think they would have applied and who know's maybe they even did but couldn't get in and that is the reason they joined the CHA back in the day.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                The Air Force Academy CHOOSES to be in Atlantic Hockey. Or they probably would have gotten the invite in lieu of UNO.

Comment

Working...
                                X