Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
    Conference schedules are usually made several years out to ensure that every team visits every other team an equal number of times (or as near as possible) before upsetting the apple cart.
    The exception to this is the 2010-11 CCHA schedule, which was in flux for much of the season.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I think it's because a year is spent as an independent D-I team. There must be some clause where if you are immediately switching from one official league to another, that you are automatically welcome to participate in the post-season, but any team coming from independent to a league must wait a year.
      Not necessarily. Those kinds of rules are usually set by each conference. They could all be different, in theory. When RIT transitioned from their one year as a D-I Independent to their first year in the AHA, they could have been eligible to play in the AHA Tournament, but chose not to based on their NCAA ineligibility (just in case they had won, it would have confused the Auto-bid selection for AHA).
      Can't we all just get along?
      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        I think it's more to do with scheduling than anything. UAH has 24-26 games lined up for 2011-12, per Coach Cole at the banquet. He's in Tampa trying to flesh that out. Now, sure, folks will understand if we break contracts because we suddenly got back into a league, but it's not just our schedules that have to be flexible. That's why I figure UAH has two years, at minimum, of being an indie.

GFM
        That doesn't sound good when you say at least two years as an independent. Won't that be very tough for recruiting?

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
          Not necessarily. Those kinds of rules are usually set by each conference. They could all be different, in theory. When RIT transitioned from their one year as a D-I Independent to their first year in the AHA, they could have been eligible to play in the AHA Tournament, but chose not to based on their NCAA ineligibility (just in case they had won, it would have confused the Auto-bid selection for AHA).
          Was that because they were an independent or because they'd just come up from D-III and were still in a probationary period?

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Was that because they were an independent or because they'd just come up from D-III and were still in a probationary period?

GFM
            The NCAA put RIT in the probationary period of 2 years, I'm guessing because of the move from D-III.
            The AHA was willing to make RIT eligible in its first year of conference play.
            I'm not sure why the Tigers had to play one Independent year first, however.
            Can't we all just get along?
            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

I think it's more to do with scheduling than anything. UAH has 24-26 games lined up for 2011-12, per Coach Cole at the banquet. He's in Tampa trying to flesh that out. Now, sure, folks will understand if we break contracts because we suddenly got back into a league, but it's not just our schedules that have to be flexible. That's why I figure UAH has two years, at minimum, of being an indie.

GFM
              Hey Geoff,

Sheila Ray, says you are a great guy to talk to about UAH Hockey. You probably already know that, but thought I'd tell you anyway. Talked too her today when I went out to donate some more money!

Comment

GFM
                Most conferences will ban a team from its postseason tournament if that team is also ineligible for the NCAA tournament, for the exact reasons already mentioned (automatic qualifiers).
                UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                2006 Time Person of the Year
                Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by dondowski60 View Post
                  Sheila Ray, says you are a great guy to talk to about UAH Hockey.
                  Sheila Ray will be sorely missed in Spragins Hall. Especially when they have to hire three people to do all the work she handled on her own.
                  UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                  2006 Time Person of the Year
                  Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                  It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Sheila Ray will be sorely missed in Spragins Hall. Especially when they have to hire three people to do all the work she handled on her own.
                    Amen, and amen.

GFM <-- just a dude.
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Is she retiring, going elsewhere, ...???
                      We missed the banquet. We scheduled our spring travels to accommodate the original 4/30 date for the banquet and have just returned.

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                        Is she retiring, going elsewhere, ...???
                        Retiring.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by dondowski60 View Post
                          Based on what the President of the CCHA said in an interview late last year with USCHO UAH has a really good chamce to get in, believe it or not. Like you said it would be the 2011-2012 season before they would be admitted and 2012-2013 season before conference play would be a factor! At least this is the way the CCHA prez talked in the interview!
                          Do they have specific guidance on why they were rejected and what they can do to change it?
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Do they have specific guidance on why they were rejected and what they can do to change it?
                            I don't see any USCHO interview with Anastos. Burden of proof is on the previous poster to provide context.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

For you outside-of-Huntsville folks who are interested in our program: come Friday, we will have a selection of game-worn jerseys for sale and the chance to procure authentics. UAH is getting new sweaters next year, so game-worns of most every 2009-10 Charger are available. [Some were auctioned off, and some have already been sold in a pre-sale to local fans who've been waiting for weeks on this.]

I'll post think link when I've got the information online.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Thanks to the teams who have put UAH on their 2011-2012 schedule. It's time to start assembling the apparent UAH schedule from the reports of others. Reports indicate the following:

Fri. Dec. 9 Minnesota State
                                Sat. Dec. 10 Minnesota State
                                Fri. Dec. 16 Bemidji State
                                Sat. Dec. 17 Bemidji State
                                Fri. Jan. 6 Denver
                                Sat. Jan. 7 Denver
                                Fri. Jan. 20 Minnesota-Duluth
                                Sat. Jan. 21 Minnesota-Duluth

Please post CONFIRMED additions/corrections.

Comment

Working...
                                X