X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Originally posted by cooperalls View Post
    Dialogue like???

CCHA Commish: We will reconsider UAH if they would play all CCHA games on the road until your rink is completed?

UAH AD: Yup!

CCHA Commish: Let me check with the AD's and coaches in the CCHA and see if that would be acceptable, I'll get back to you.

Click
    Why would we agree to that?

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      Why would we agree to that?

GFM
      I think he's being snide/facetious.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        I think he's being snide/facetious.
        I figured as much, but hey, it's a message board.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Point of fact: if you're presuming that there's been no contact between UAH and the CCHA since the initial round of quotes after the rejection, you're wrong. I am not at liberty to elaborate more, but know that dialogue has continued...

GFM
          If that's the case, then you've got no argument from my corner. As long as they treat UAH with respect, the CCHA is doing the right thing. But at the same time, people will criticize the CCHA as they see fit, given the lack of publicly known information.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
            So this has now become a circular argument. W fans claim that taking on UNO and BSU was not necessarily in their best interests, but in the best interests of college hockey, where the CCHA is purely being self serving and ignorant in their reason spin for rejecting UAH. I get it now.

This has evolved to Howard Dean versus Sarah Palin.

W fans? I hate George Bush. But I hope to God you're not trying to argue that what the CCHA did was in the best interest of college hockey by letting UAH potentially die.
            And in the case of the WCHA, why can't what they did be both in their best interest AND in that of college hockey? I don't see why those have to be separated. Some argue that what the WCHA did was not in their best interest.
            Last edited by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey; 08-27-2009, 11:27 PM. Reason: terrible syntax error

Comment

I keep reading that the CCHA may be loosing some smaller "limbs" so they don't want to let UAH in now... well, it seems to me that if you are potentially (or actually) going to loose smaller (read that as weaker) "limbs" then you just might want to take on, add, acquire, replace with a stronger more committed "limb" that has already shown they have the wherewithall to pay their dues. Does shrinking or withdrawing the league actually lead to more security??? I submit that it does not!!! Take the CHA as a prime example: shrinkage without replacement has lead to this situation. And furthermore, just who else out there are they waiting for? Penn State? Iowa? etc? Has any other school actually got another DI team ready to go? Oh wait, there is one...
              Doug
              UAH 1974
              Charger Hockey - Born 1979 ~ Killed 2012
              Executioner: Malcom Portera - Chancellor, University of Alabama System
              Reason: Hates all things not in Tuscaloosa (i.e. UAH & UAB)
              Revived: Two Months Later - Thanks Nathan et al... Save UAH Hockey
              Reborn: 1/17/2013 - Thanks Bob - Thanks WCHA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                I keep reading that the CCHA may be loosing some smaller "limbs" so they don't want to let UAH in now... well, it seems to me that if you are potentially (or actually) going to loose smaller (read that as weaker) "limbs" then you just might want to take on, add, acquire, replace with a stronger more committed "limb" that has already shown they have the wherewithall to pay their dues. Does shrinking or withdrawing the league actually lead to more security??? I submit that it does not!!!
                That argument certainly makes sense for Anastos and all the folks at CCHA HQ, but they don't get a vote. The members schools vote, and if you are one of those weak limbs being told to cut costs wherever possible, then adding a geographic outlier to your league might not make sense to you. It would only take a couple schools voting that way to block UAH.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogerfan View Post
                  That argument certainly makes sense for Anastos and all the folks at CCHA HQ, but they don't get a vote. The members schools vote, and if you are one of those weak limbs being told to cut costs wherever possible, then adding a geographic outlier to your league might not make sense to you. It would only take a couple schools voting that way to block UAH.
                  We understand that, and it's why we offered a travel package. Apparently, that wasn't enough.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Point of fact: if you're presuming that there's been no contact between UAH and the CCHA since the initial round of quotes after the rejection, you're wrong. I am not at liberty to elaborate more, but know that dialogue has continued...

GFM
                    I'm absolutely SHOCKED that there has been a continued dialogue between UAH and the CCHA. Why, with everything I've read between the WCHA fanatics and you UAH'ers, I would have thought that Tom Anastos personally drove to Huntsville to dig the grave for NCAA Division I college hockey south of the Mason-Dixon line. Bust out your "Jump to Conclusions" mats everyone!

We understand that, and it's why we offered a travel package. Apparently, that wasn't enough.

GFM
                    Saving a clear cut $20,000 on a trip to Omaha by axing them off the schedule versus spending only $10,000 for a weekend to Alabama.
                    If I'm an Athletic Director or Hockey Ops staff at any school not named "Michigan" or "Michigan State" I'm ecstatic to not be spending 20K on a weekend trip.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      I'm absolutely SHOCKED that there has been a continued dialogue between UAH and the CCHA. Why, with everything I've read between the WCHA fanatics and you UAH'ers, I would have thought that Tom Anastos personally drove to Huntsville to dig the grave for NCAA Division I college hockey south of the Mason-Dixon line. Bust out your "Jump to Conclusions" mats everyone!
                      Perhaps if the CCHA hadn't acted like a complete bag of dicks about this situation, people outside of the CCHA would have given them the benefit of the doubt. But when they seemingly refuse to give any information about their decision and generally act like UAH isn't good enough for them, people aren't going to react positively.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        Perhaps if the CCHA hadn't acted like a complete bag of dicks about this situation, people outside of the CCHA would have given them the benefit of the doubt. But when they seemingly refuse to give any information about their decision and generally act like UAH isn't good enough for them, people aren't going to react positively.
                        You know, if it wasn't for the "bag of dicks" line I would've guessed you had a ghost writer for this post.

Well done.
                        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                          You know, if it wasn't for the "bag of dicks" line I would've guessed you had a ghost writer for this post.

Well done.
                          I'm thinking it was ghost written and Dirty added the "bag of dicks" line to make it believable that he could have written it...
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            I'm thinking it was ghost written and Dirty added the "bag of dicks" line to make it believable that he could have written it...
                            Is there a Blue Moon?

Because that is how often an intelligent, coherent, and relevant post is made by Dirty. And in this case, that post qualifies.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

If you're inclined to put your money where your mouth is, Join the 2009-10 UAH Blue Line Club. $25 minimum membership. If you do it, please write a note that says you joined because of Save UAH Hockey and I'd really appreciate it.

Geof
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Say I sponsor a player. Will I get a picture of him and will he send me drawings and stuff? If not, what does he provide me that an African child can not?
                                Last edited by Dirty; 08-31-2009, 03:17 PM.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X