Save Uah Hockey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Here's a Clarkson alum hoping that your program is saved. I know UAH is visiting us in January 2010; I've asked Clarkson's coach is a return visit is planned. I would like to think so, as a visit from established schools would be helpful long-term.
    Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
    Clarkson 1990

Comment

Thinking about return visits, does anyone know if RPI is going to UAH in 10-11? I had heard that the 'Tute was going there this year in payback for UAH's recent participation in our tourney, but that didn't happen.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Haven't read the long chain of posts here, so I do not know if this has been suggested already.

But one solution would be for UConn to get off the schneid and start offering scholarships. It's about damm time for them to do that. Then they could slide immediately to HE (which has been saving a place for them for more than a decade) and UAH could take their spot in AH.

Of course, that would make too much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
          Haven't read the long chain of posts here, so I do not know if this has been suggested already.

But one solution would be for UConn to get off the schneid and start offering scholarships. It's about damm time for them to do that. Then they could slide immediately to HE (which has been saving a place for them for more than a decade) and UAH could take their spot in AH.

Of course, that would make too much sense.
          Hockey East is saving a spot for Harvard, not UConn...
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            Syracuse...
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
              Syracuse...
              Not if Rhode Island gets there first

Comment

Silly nutters.

It's obviously for USC.
                UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                2006 Time Person of the Year
                Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
                  Silly nutters.

It's obviously for USC.
                  I don't think the Gameccks have hockey, do they?
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    I don't think the Gameccks have hockey, do they?
                    Auburn is the only SEC school without an ice hockey program of some sort.

Mike Anderson

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Auburn is the only SEC school without an ice hockey program of some sort.
                      Whoosh.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Silly nutters.

It's obviously for USC.
                        Southern Cal or South Carolina? Or Both ?

Comment

All sorts of whooshes.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by BoomGoestheDynamite View Post
                            Southern Cal or South Carolina? Or Both ?
                            Take your pick. The obvious choice is the former, obviously.

Mike Anderson

Comment

Take your pick. The obvious choice is the former, obviously.
                              Well, yeah...they're not that far out of HE's geographic footprint...
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                watch that...

(besides then the Beanpot would be an all Hockey East affair, which would be no fun for anyone- if anyone is moving over from the ECAC to Hockey East, it would be Cornell to rekindle their BU rivalry more than a game at MSG every year )

And yes, I know (and hope) that you are joking.

Anyway, so is this the point in the conversation where we add that the Ivy League could separate from the ECAC and
                                1) add Army and Air Force or
                                2) pressure Penn and Columbia to restarting teams (and Penn has an on campus rink)
                                because I have seen that suggestion before. Just add to it "then UAH can join the ECAC or Atlantic Hockey" to keep it relevant. (And I do think that a year ago when I saw this same sentiment on USCHO, it was a save CHA teams posting).

Because the Ivy League Conference has about as much of a shot as the Big Ten Conference in the happening ever department- 0.001%. So I figured I'd burst that bubble before people brought it up again.

Like I and someone else said earlier, even if aliens and space bats (and alternate history term for things that have no natural way of occurring) made all of these suggestions possible, they aren't happening in time to save UAH. A scheduling agreement followed by UAH's admission to the CCHA will, and that's about it.
                                Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                                Go Crimson!

Comment

Working...
                                X