Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Originally posted by cooperalls View Post
    The travel doesn't matter their are flights directly from the Huntsville area into an area where most of the teams in Atlantic Hockey are all in a congested area. It's already out that they were willing to cover travel cost for CCHA teams to come to Huntsville and were still denied which means they want the big draw type of game for revenue to help build their rink so they can sell out every night so it was greedy.

If Navy goes D1 which it will within the next few years it will give the South a 2nd team. If UAH was to go to Atlantic Hockey with the same proposal that they went to the CCHA with then they probably would get in. But the sounds of Game of UAH vs. Canisius at home tonight doesn't sound to appealing when you could have had UAH vs. Michigan or UAH vs. Nortre Dame.

The CCHA has no intention of letting them in, UAH is an expense to them because if they say you have to be patient and see what develops the history of UAH Hockey will be exactly that History. UAH AD and President do the right thing and seek membership into Atlantic Hockey.
    Right the best thing for their program was to get the crap beaten out of them every night. Level wise they are a better fit in Atlantic Hockey and would be verey competitive not so in the CCHA and that is what they should have looked at in the first place rather than who they can draw into the arena that has a big name!
    The big problem with the CCHA is outside of Michigan and Michigan State games they can't draw anybody. IMO, they still are not a decent viewing hockey conference.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by cooperalls View Post
      The travel doesn't matter their are flights directly from the Huntsville area into an area where most of the teams in Atlantic Hockey are all in a congested area. It's already out that they were willing to cover travel cost for CCHA teams to come to Huntsville and were still denied which means they want the big draw type of game for revenue to help build their rink so they can sell out every night so it was greedy.

If Navy goes D1 which it will within the next few years it will give the South a 2nd team. If UAH was to go to Atlantic Hockey with the same proposal that they went to the CCHA with then they probably would get in. But the sounds of Game of UAH vs. Canisius at home tonight doesn't sound to appealing when you could have had UAH vs. Michigan or UAH vs. Nortre Dame.

The CCHA has no intention of letting them in, UAH is an expense to them because if they say you have to be patient and see what develops the history of UAH Hockey will be exactly that History. UAH AD and President do the right thing and seek membership into Atlantic Hockey.
      Right the best thing for their program was to get the crap beaten out of them every night. Level wise they are a better fit in Atlantic Hockey and would be verey competitive not so in the CCHA and that is what they should have looked at in the first place rather than who they can draw into the arena that has a big name!
      Hoo boy.

Annapolis, Maryland is the south now? Better add Oxford, Ohio to the list of southern teams then since they go about as far south as Annapolis does.

And how do you know Navy is definitely getting a program together? If/when Navy gets a program, they'll go to whatever conference has Air Force and Army - it's a nice governmental package deal that they'd stick together to make sure they all get to play each other.

Since when are Atlantic Hockey teams "all together" geographically? Nevermind Air Force in this discussion but Erie, PA is nowhere near Boston, MA. Half the conference is in New England and the other half is in Western New York and Western Pennsylvania.

UAH is a terrible fit for Atlantic Hockey for a thousand different reasons and putting them in there would cause a lot of problems for a lot of ne'er-do-well programs that call the AHA home, nevermind that you're proposing a possible 14 team conference (which they would be if they added UAH and Navy began playing hockey).
      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
        Psst: a fourteen team league is a little bit much.

My money says the CCHA is hoping for a team (Bowling Green, Ferris, Western or Lake State) to drop hockey, a team (Penn State or Iowa State) to add hockey, a good chunk of their schools to jump ship into a new conference, or some combination. Either way, we're at unstable equilibrium, and sooner or later the dominoes will start falling again.
        Sorry the CCHA is not hoping one of their own members drops ice hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
          Hoo boy.

Annapolis, Maryland is the south now? Better add Oxford, Ohio to the list of southern teams then since they go about as far south as Annapolis does.

And how do you know Navy is definitely getting a program together? If/when Navy gets a program, they'll go to whatever conference has Air Force and Army - it's a nice governmental package deal that they'd stick together to make sure they all get to play each other.

Since when are Atlantic Hockey teams "all together" geographically? Nevermind Air Force in this discussion but Erie, PA is nowhere near Boston, MA. Half the conference is in New England and the other half is in Western New York and Western Pennsylvania.

UAH is a terrible fit for Atlantic Hockey for a thousand different reasons and putting them in there would cause a lot of problems for a lot of ne'er-do-well programs that call the AHA home, nevermind that you're proposing a possible 14 team conference (which they would be if they added UAH and Navy began playing hockey).
          Maryland is considered the south by the majority of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
            yup:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mason-Dixon_Line

Comment

So... By this outstanding logic and 1750s folksy talk, you're going to tell me that Maryland and Alabama should be teamed up because the Mason-Dixon line says so, regardless of where they're actually located - have I got that right?

Comment

So... By this outstanding logic and 1750s folksy talk, you're going to tell me that Maryland and Alabama should be teamed up because the Mason-Dixon line says so, regardless of where they're actually located - have I got that right?
                I didn't say that. What I am saying is the majority of people in the United States considers Maryland the south.

Comment

I didn't say that. What I am saying is the majority of people in the United States considers Maryland the south.
                  They do? I don't.

Comment

So you didn't say that Navy and UAH should be teamed up together because they're both "southern" teams?

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
                      They do? I don't.
                      Many younger posters on this message bored never even studied WW2 let alone the Civil War. So I guess I can understand your opinion.

Comment

So you didn't say that Navy and UAH should be teamed up together because they're both "southern" teams?
                        Nope.

Comment

Hoo boy.

Western bias.

I think Navy and Penn St. have been "about to go DI" for at least 10 years. Of course reading cooperalls' first sentence should have clued you in to the fact that you weren't going to read an intelligent thought...
                          Nope.
                          He's right GLM...here's what he said...

This statement is still wrong though...
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Miami-Ohio and Colorado College are south of the Mason-Dixon line too...
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Many younger posters on this message bored never even studied WW2 let alone the Civil War. So I guess I can understand your opinion.
                              I'm barred in the state of Maryland and live in NoVa. None of these places are in the South save maybe the Eastern Shore where 8 percent of the MD State population lives. Even that doesn't have much in common with South Carolina or Alabama. There are a lot of laws that tend to be grouped regionally and MD almost exclusively falls in line with Northeastern states. If people in MN think MD is the south, people in MN are ignorant of cultural trends here in the mid-atlantic. The "issue" here isn't whether Maryland is part of the South, its whether Virginia is following Maryland into the Northeast alignment and dragging North Carolina with it.

Comment

Nope.
                                Right, that was cooperalls - my mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X