Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Yeah...has nothing to do with the fact that the CCHA rejected a team within it's geographic footprint, resulting in it folding or that the WCHA accepted 2 teams within it's geographic footprint, leaving the CCHA with an odd # of teams and a team available to fill that opening that makes the most sense geographically with the CCHA...but obviously the big bad WCHA is to blame for "poaching" UNO instead of taking Alabama-Huntsville...whom didn't even apply to the WCHA...would you be blaming them if they had added BSU and UA_ or is it just because they added UNO?
    Ok, so you are a 10 coference team, wanting to add one that's well within your bounds, and there's one left over. So instead of working out a deal with them, you just took what you could, and make another conference the bad guy???

I'm not mad about UNO, but to honestly lay so much blame on the CCHA, then IMHO, the WCHA deserves just as much for not doing the alturistic thing, and take UAH. At the time, the CCHA was reasonably stable.

It's incredibly lame to hear how bad the CCHA is, when the WCHA could have done something about it months ago.

I'd still like the CCHA to take UAH, but that does not give any free pass to the WCHA any more than it should give the CCHA any grief. It's the same boat.

Comment

Say it with me class..., "UNO willingly applied to the WCHA. UAH didn't apply to the WCHA."
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Ok, so you are a 10 coference team, wanting to add one that's well within your bounds, and there's one left over. So instead of working out a deal with them, you just took what you could, and make another conference the bad guy???

I'm not mad about UNO, but to honestly lay so much blame on the CCHA, then IMHO, the WCHA deserves just as much for not doing the alturistic thing, and take UAH. At the time, the CCHA was reasonably stable.

It's incredibly lame to hear how bad the CCHA is, when the WCHA could have done something about it months ago.

I'd still like the CCHA to take UAH, but that does not give any free pass to the WCHA any more than it should give the CCHA any grief. It's the same boat.
        Yeah, whatever.

UAH geographically makes no sense for the WCHA and does for the CCHA. But, whatever.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          Because Jesus loves us.
          Except for Wisconsin.
          Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
          I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
          Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

So, this is actually all UNO's fault. They could have said no, not apply, and decide to stay in the CCHA. UNO is a bunch of jerks! Let's blow their heads off!
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              So, this is actually all UNO's fault. They could have said no, not apply, and decide to stay in the CCHA. UNO is a bunch of jerks! Let's blow their heads off!
              So we're all agreed... the first time UNO comes to town when they join the WCHA, everyone hits them with the "You killed Huntsville!" chant.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Yeah, whatever.

UAH geographically makes no sense for the WCHA and does for the CCHA. But, whatever.
                Ok, so the WCHA wasn't willing to do "what's good for College Hockey", so the CCHA must?

Come on, be real.

Yea, back at ya.

(again, I'm wanting the CCHA to take them, but for this relentless bashing from WCHA fans, when THEY had an opportunity to approach UAH when Bemidji banged on the door repeatedly.... great.)

And how long did BSU's application sit before reacting? They could have been accepted w/o UNO. It would have been "good for college hockey".

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Yeah...has nothing to do with the fact that the CCHA rejected a team within it's geographic footprint, resulting in it folding or that the WCHA accepted 2 teams within it's geographic footprint, leaving the CCHA with an odd # of teams and a team available to fill that opening that makes the most sense geographically with the CCHA...but obviously the big bad WCHA is to blame for "poaching" UNO instead of taking Alabama-Huntsville...whom didn't even apply to the WCHA...would you be blaming them if they had added BSU and UA_ or is it just because they added UNO?
                  A lot of people here need to look at a map -- UAH is NOT is the CCHA's geographic footprint. People can keep repeating that, but it still won't make it so.

Comment

Ok, so the WCHA wasn't willing to do "what's good for College Hockey", so the CCHA must?

Come on, be real.

Yea, back at ya.

(again, I'm wanting the CCHA to take them, but for this relentless bashing from WCHA fans, when THEY had an opportunity to approach UAH when Bemidji banged on the door repeatedly.... great.)

And how long did BSU's application sit before reacting? They could have been accepted w/o UNO. It would have been "good for college hockey".
                    BSU applied when the WCHA had a moratorium on expansion and when the CHA was still stable. The WCHA said no, like it should have.

And, yes, weakening your conference drastically and putting yourself with a terrible number of teams would have been good for college hockey. But, they decided to expand to 12 so that they were slightly more stable. Still a downgrade, but they get to somewhat keep their own interests in line.

How come you're not bashing the EZAC or the Hockey Rast? I mean, they didn't do anything!! ZOMG!
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

You can make rationalizations all you want, but the WCHA did something and the CCHA did nothing.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Come on, be real.

Yea, back at ya.

What do you mean the WCHA wasn't willing? There WERE TWO CHA programs to save. The WCHA saved one. The CCHA did not. Don't forget the UNO is the same distance away from the CCHA as UAH, whereas UAH is NOT the same distance away from the WCHA as UNO.

BSU sat until they were in dire straits. UAH is in dire straits. Try again.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by PGB View Post
                          A lot of people here need to look at a map -- UAH is NOT is the CCHA's geographic footprint. People can keep repeating that, but it still won't make it so.
                          Same distance as UNO. Nuff said.

Comment

And look at that map again. When it comes right down to it, the CCHA's footprint is the closest to Huntsville, and would more often than not have to drive thru the CCHA's footprint to get to the footprints of say the WCHA, ECAC, AHA and Hockey East.

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            You can make rationalizations all you want, but the WCHA did something and the CCHA did nothing.
                            Yep.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Right -- UAH is not in anyone's footprint. They are a geographic outlier. Just because they are the closest to the CCHA's footprint does not mean they are in the CCHA's footprint like BSU or UNO are in the WCHA's footprint.

And yes, I will concede the point that UNO was not in the CCHA's footprint either. But that is really beside the point at the CURRENT time. If in 1998, when UNO was accepted into the CCHA, the economic conditions and the situations of some CCHA teams were as they are now, they may not have been accepted either.

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                              And look at that map again. When it comes right down to it, the CCHA's footprint is the closest to Huntsville, and would more often than not have to drive thru the CCHA's footprint to get to the footprints of say the WCHA, ECAC, AHA and Hockey East.

Yep.

Comment

Right -- UAH is not in anyone's footprint. They are a geographic outlier. Just because they are the closest to the CCHA's footprint does not mean they are in the CCHA's footprint like BSU or UNO are in the WCHA's footprint.

And yes, I will concede the point that UNO was not in the CCHA's footprint either. But that is really beside the point at the CURRENT time. If in 1998, when UNO was accepted into the CCHA, the economic conditions and the situations of some CCHA teams were as they are now, they may not have been accepted either.
                                Yeah.

And again. The WCHA did something. The CCHA did NOTHING!!!!

Rationalize till the cows come home. That's the bottom line. Heck it's so bizarre that they did nothing that the beat writer for the CCHA had to use the Big 10 as an excuse for their behavior. Pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                                X