Save Uah Hockey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Save Uah Hockey!

If all these athletic directors and coaches around the country are really serious about saving UAH's program, they should commit themselves to visiting Huntsville for a two-game series to allow UAH to play a solid, representative independent schedule until they can hook on with a league. All it would take are 10-12 teams to travel there each year, and with 57 other D-I teams, it's not that big of a hassle to visit Hunstville once every five years.

Hopefully, UAH will get into a conference in a another year or two.

Time for college hockey to help out UAH.

Comment

Originally posted by wsp67326 View Post
      can't wait to read Paula Weston's explanations to defend her conference.
      Weston: Make Sure to See the Whole Picture
      Notre Dame Hockey
      Reigning Big Ten Champions
      Reigning CCHA Champions
      Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

Paula Weston must be a Gopher fan. She brought up the BTHC.
        Last edited by state of hockey; 08-20-2009, 01:37 AM.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Paul Weston must be a Gopher fan. She brought up the BTHC.
          Ohio State, if I recall correctly.
          Notre Dame Hockey
          Reigning Big Ten Champions
          Reigning CCHA Champions
          Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

Originally posted by fairman View Post
            People who insult Cleveland, Geof, don't understand the pure awesome of it.

100" of snow every year? Yep. Three seasons - winter, almost winter, and hot and humid? Yep. Great food- oh God yes.

If someone's visiting, stop in at these three places: Slyman's (best corned beef sandwiches outside of the Carnegie Deli, and sometimes better), Aladdin's Baking Company (best pocket pita I've had in the US), and Alesci's Deli... which I have been missing since I left to go to Ohio State and I still import their wares to Alabama.

I'd love to have any of those three places nearby every day of the year, and I haven't found anything like it anywhere else I've lived. Huntsville doesn't even know what a deli is... there isn't one in the entire county (deli counters in supermarkets don't count).

Sounds like you and me need to go to Cleveland some time and get some good food together.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgA...eature=related
            time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by ND Hockey View Post
              Ohio State, if I recall correctly.
              No, soh has to be correct. Gopher fans want the BTHC so they can actually win a Big Ten Championship in a sport more than three people care about.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                No, soh has to be correct. Gopher fans want the BTHC so they can actually win a Big Ten Championship in a sport more than three people care about.
                Bowling?
                UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                2006 Time Person of the Year
                Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  Poker?
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
                    Bowling?
                    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Poker?
                    Curling?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ND Hockey View Post
                      CCHA writer using the BTHC as an excuse. Pretty lame if you ask me.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        CCHA writer using the BTHC as an excuse. Pretty lame if you ask me.
                        Even better was the premise that if UAH joins an existing league (or the CCHA, specifically), some other team must necessarily be sacrificed.
                        UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                        2006 Time Person of the Year
                        Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                        It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Curling?
                          Ice Fishing
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            "Who hates Huntsville?!"

The CCHA, apparently.
                            Why doesn't the WCHA get any blame here?

They could have taken UAH when Bemidji wanted to get in- instant 12 team conference.

Yet, they took a team from another conference. Now that other conference is the bad guy.

So this whole bad guy started with the WCHA taking a team from them.

As far as I can tell, the WCHA equally shares in the blame, or on the list of who hates Huntsville. Especailly since they could have taken them first. Talk about elitism.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

They could have taken UAH when Bemidji wanted to get in- instant 12 team conference.

Yet, they took a team from another conference. Now that other conference is the bad guy.

So this whole bad guy started with the WCHA taking a team from them.

As far as I can tell, the WCHA equally shares in the blame, or on the list of who hates Huntsville. Especailly since they could have taken them first. Talk about elitism.
                              Yeah...has nothing to do with the fact that the CCHA rejected a team within it's geographic footprint, resulting in it folding or that the WCHA accepted 2 teams within it's geographic footprint, leaving the CCHA with an odd # of teams and a team available to fill that opening that makes the most sense geographically with the CCHA...but obviously the big bad WCHA is to blame for "poaching" UNO instead of taking Alabama-Huntsville...whom didn't even apply to the WCHA...would you be blaming them if they had added BSU and UA_ or is it just because they added UNO?
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                Because Jesus loves us.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X